Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    Listened to an interview with Paul Cook on the Totally football league podcast this morning. He said they are still looking to sign 5/6 players. Also said that the team will need time to gel. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Annoying. Best fullback I saw last season.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    If Pep also grabs Kane he’s gonna train our attacking talent to win the World Cup, everyone should be excited about this 
    Potentially fantastic for English football. Grealish, Kane and Foden is just ridiculous.
    Was gonna say the same thing - Pep could be about to make a massive step to England winning the World Cup this month.

You are presuming Southgate will pick them lol
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Laddick01 said:
    If Pep also grabs Kane he’s gonna train our attacking talent to win the World Cup, everyone should be excited about this 
    Potentially fantastic for English football. Grealish, Kane and Foden is just ridiculous.
    Was gonna say the same thing - Pep could be about to make a massive step to England winning the World Cup this month.

Don't start this nonsense again!!!!! 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    Laddick01 said:

Don't start this nonsense again!!!!! 
    sorry mate I really just couldnt resist 
  • Options
    I really like Ings but £25mil for a striker who has just turned 29, crazy. I thought they were in for Abraham who is a lot younger and probably suits their style a bit more. 
    Is 29 considered old now then? 25m is peanuts these days, and for a proven premier league striker it's a great deal.

Kane has just turned 28 and we're talking 150m. Lukaku is 28 and 100m.
    Not old but he's not young. He's a player that does rely on his pace a bit and has had injury problems, I'm not convinced Ings will be playing and scoring goals at 32/33. 

Yes Kane and Lukaku are only a year younger but they are on a different level. It's like offering CR7 the same terms as Ben Watson because the former is about the same age.
  • Options
    Wendies just signed Marvin Johnson. 
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    10 summer signings for them. Impressive and surprising considering they were under an embargo until recently. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mart77 said:
    10 summer signings for them. Impressive and surprising considering they were under an embargo until recently. 
    I’m sure they’re still being ‘creative’ with their accounting!
  • Options
    They look much stronger than I thought they would, certainly top 6 contenders unless they start selling key players.
  • Options
    Wendies announced Lee Gregory too
  • Options
    Wednesday have managed to bring in 5 loan signings already
  • Options
    Surely not !!  We keep being told that loans only happen right at the end of the transfer window, once the Premier League teams have announced their squads. SW cheating again I presume.....
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Annoying. Best fullback I saw last season.
    He volleyed one in the fucking top corner. Of course he's the best fullback we saw. He didn't do that in any of the other games he played 
  • Options
    Surely not !!  We keep being told that loans only happen right at the end of the transfer window, once the Premier League teams have announced their squads. SW cheating again I presume.....
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I only see two Premier League clubs from: Wolves | Burnley | QPR | Middlesbrough | St. Gallen? ;)
  • Options
    I imagine we'll begin to see the serious Premier League loans happening in the next week

Harry Kane was only meant to report back this week, so a lot of Premier League teams who had players in the latter stages of the Euros will have been needing their kids for their own pre-season friendlies... Hence why when Birmingham signed Chong on 9th July, but he's still doing pre-season with Man Utd
  • Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I only see two Premier League clubs from: Wolves | Burnley | QPR | Middlesbrough | St. Gallen? ;)
    In fairness that's not Golfie's point, he never said we would only be loaning prem players. In fact, last season we loaned more players from the Champ than the Prem. 
  • Options
    Messi not staying at Barca.

City on the cards?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lincoln brought in 3 loanees in July, 2 from the PL (City and Southampton). Indeed unless someone has forgotten to update their Wiki page, ALL their transfer business so far has been done in July, 3 loan and 4 permanent signings, with relatively few departures, so they've had decent time to bed their signings in.
  • Options
    edited August 2021

• Options
    Grealish done and announced. 6 year deal.
  • Options
    Don't need him and paid way over the odds for him. Weird move, and could have held out for a couple of days and picked up Messi on a free instead (I know he's older but what a star he would be to bring in)
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Don't need him and paid way over the odds for him. Weird move, and could have held out for a couple of days and picked up Messi on a free instead (I know he's older but what a star he would be to bring in)
    Stopped premier league rivals getting him though. 
  • Options
    How can any Villa fan have any genuine grievance towards Grealish. He stayed with them when he got relegated, probably had offers to leave after their first season back but chose to stay for another season. Leaves putting 100m into the Villa piggybank.

The perfect way to move on.
    Villa will bring in 4 excellent players with the money and give themselves much greater squad depth.

Indeed the way they've been spending and targeting players this summer, it was obvious that they expected Grealish to go
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    these things don’t apply to city, they have endless money and it means he’s off the table to united and Chelsea. Not a bad player either.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    these things don’t apply to city, they have endless money and it means he’s off the table to united and Chelsea Ipswich. Not a bad player either.
    Corrected
  • Options
    Not sure if this is the right thread for this but WTF