Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is anyone else not fussed about Englands progress in the euros?

Comments

• Options
    I have a question for @lancashire lad 
    Do you subscribe to Sky Sports, BT Sport or any equivalent non terrestrial sports provider?

• Options
    I really hope that Croatia stuff them this afternoon, they don't represent our country they are just a load over highly overpaid young sportsmen who only represent their own self interests.

I'd guess that apart from Sterling, Luka Modric earns more than the entire England squad 
  • Options
    I was ten years old in 1966 and that World Cup was the first international tournament I watched and understood. I thought that England were always destined to win tournaments. 1970 and especially 1974 and 1978 put me right on that front. I want England to do well but it doesn’t bother me much when they don’t. There is no comparison with my love for Charlton.

We moved to Wales three years ago and I have been to a couple of Wales internationals at Cardiff including the night they beat Hungary to qualify for these finals. The atmosphere was fantastic and I would be delighted for them to do well and progress to the knock out stage.

• Options
    Have to say love following England, I know we are nearly always disappointed in the end but hey that’s sport.

like seeing the Welsh and Irish doing well in whatever competition ( unless against us )but love seeing the Scots being disappointed competition after competition.
  • Options
    I’m supporting both England and Croatia in the Euros based on my ancestry, but am enjoying all of the games. I want both sides to do really well and would be pretty miffed if England do not reach at least the Qtrs, possibly semis and Croatia at least the last 16. Thereon-after, it can be a lottery with draws and penalty shot outs etc. and so am hopeful, but realistic. 
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    tom_k said:
    no, I'm not really bothered about how England do. Why I'm not sure but probably due to 50 years of being let down time and time again by underperforming highly paid players who a lot of the time don't look like they give a toss. And I've always said if I had the choice of England say winning these Euros or Charlton taking a point in the first game of the season then I'd take the point all day long.
    Charlton getting one point in League One, over England Winning the Euros. This must be the most insane thing I have ever read on this website. 
    He is fishing surely.
    He is not. He's been saying this for years and he means it.

I can only equate his attitude to the average French person. You wouldn't know anything is happening and then when it's the semi-final or Final everyone suddenly thinks it's brilliant and goes crazy. The day after being crowned Champions it's like nothing ever happened. 

I'm quite sure that it would be like this with @LargeAddick
    I’d still take a point first game of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    now people are just saying stuff for effect!

absolutely no way you'd swap a win Sunday for a point against Sheff Wed - ridiculous
    I'd take relegation to league 2 for a win sunday
    Fair play.

I wouldn't (although it might have a degree of novelty for a season!) 
  • Options
    now people are just saying stuff for effect!

absolutely no way you'd swap a win Sunday for a point against Sheff Wed - ridiculous
    I would, honestly. I want England to win but Charlton is more important to me and affects my life more than the England national team do.
    I agree 100%
  • Options
    Wouldn't take anything for an England win. A Euro win would be soon forgotten, a season in L2 wouldn't be
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    tom_k said:
    no, I'm not really bothered about how England do. Why I'm not sure but probably due to 50 years of being let down time and time again by underperforming highly paid players who a lot of the time don't look like they give a toss. And I've always said if I had the choice of England say winning these Euros or Charlton taking a point in the first game of the season then I'd take the point all day long.
    Charlton getting one point in League One, over England Winning the Euros. This must be the most insane thing I have ever read on this website. 
    He is fishing surely.
    He is not. He's been saying this for years and he means it.

I can only equate his attitude to the average French person. You wouldn't know anything is happening and then when it's the semi-final or Final everyone suddenly thinks it's brilliant and goes crazy. The day after being crowned Champions it's like nothing ever happened. 

I'm quite sure that it would be like this with @LargeAddick
    I’d still take a point first game of the season.
    Don't understand this. A point first game of the season is a bad result. 
  • Options
    Wouldn't take anything for an England win. A Euro win would be soon forgotten, a season in L2 wouldn't be
    All them new grounds I'd be licking me lips.
    Funny how this thread has gone 
    As Clive said earlier in the thread we dont have to make a choice,  we can enjoy both.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely this thread is redundant now?
    If you are not engaged with the national team now you must be a robot.
    And as for the crass and irrelevant Charlton or England argument, don't get me started. It isn't a fecking choice.
    A robot or a Jock . 
  • Options
    I'm club before country but honestly, people would rather a point at home against Sheffield Wednesday over England winning a major competition.

Strange people.

That is truely bizarree ..
  • Options
    I must admit my England interest has rather tailed off over the years, but hopefully they'll do it on Sunday and go on to a good world cup next year, where as my Charlton support has always remained the same, hopelessly hooked. 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    A euro win would be forgotten 😂😂😂😂

Jesus wept.
    The man has a point! Just think how little us getting to the semi finals 25 years ago is talked about these days.....
    I had completely forgotten italia 90 as well.  In fact I don't think it's been mentioned since.