Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited August 2021
    Find it really concerning now that after the response from the crowd on Saturday the powers to be haven't even appeared to make a move. Normally a few rumours surface, but not one. Even should we bring a few in now they are not going to be able to involved within the first starting 11 on Saturday, and are they even going to be match fit for the next month or so ?
    Probably yes, if they are loanees or permanent signings they should have been training with their current teams. CBT had obviously trained enough on his various trials to feature on Saturday for example.

Though of/when these hypothetical players will appear is a question I can't answer.
  • Just a thought but the general consensus at the end of last season was that post covid, a lot of clubs would be looking to thin their squads and let players go to reduce costs, which wouldn't affect us as we had a new owner. That outlook didn't take in the prospect of recently embargoed Wigan roaring out of the blocks with a shedload of cash, or the Ipswich pension fund blowing the wages structure and the OAP's pensions to buy up anything Wigan didn't want. Crewe have also unacceptably wanted a fair payment for anyone pinching their young stars so the easy pickings some predicted haven't happened. Maybe TS thought it was a buyers market this time out?
  • Do we think we will sign anyone before the weekend or will it all be a complete last minute rush job next week?
  • Redrobo said:
    First offer for Lowery turned down expect we were testing the water .. given the fact he is on strike 
    One would not expect them to sell until after Friday noon.
    Agreed .. although doubt he would be anywhere near fit enough to play.. he not had a proper pre season 
  • Just a thought but the general consensus at the end of last season was that post covid, a lot of clubs would be looking to thin their squads and let players go to reduce costs, which wouldn't affect us as we had a new owner. That outlook didn't take in the prospect of recently embargoed Wigan roaring out of the blocks with a shedload of cash, or the Ipswich pension fund blowing the wages structure and the OAP's pensions to buy up anything Wigan didn't want. Crewe have also unacceptably wanted a fair payment for anyone pinching their young stars so the easy pickings some predicted haven't happened. Maybe TS thought it was a buyers market this time out?
    Some clubs still have players they will sell this window.  Some have been regularly mentioned and speculated on on here. 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Do we think we will sign anyone before the weekend or will it all be a complete last minute rush job next week?
    Bit of both. One or two maybe coming up but still a bit of lastminute.com panic buys too
  • 🤝📝
  • Someone has gone to look for scarfy
  • Sponsored links:

• Willo said:
    🤝📝
    Redrobo said:
    Someone has gone to look for scarfy
    Have I missed a rumour here?
  • Scoham said:
    Willo said:
    🤝📝
    Redrobo said:
    We're signing no-one! 
  • Scoham said:
    Willo said:
    🤝📝
    Redrobo said:
    Nope unless something's happened completely from nowhere
  • Could we get lapslie back think he would walk in this team now. 
  • We probably need someone to show a bit more energy than that mate
  • mendonca said:
    It looks like we will be relying on loans after stating we won't be relying on loans this season.

The LB situation is just odd. At least Roddy will get a runout against Gillingham. 
    I’m certain a LB will arrive and will be first choice not cover. 

Why is that ? There is nothing to suggesting it.  
    Au contrare. Adkins system works best with an attacking wing back. Kirk will work best with that sort of player behind him. Young Premier League players like eg Maatsen will be wing backs. The PL won’t retain old fashioned full backs long. We need to get a wing back in. A young PL buck will arrive.
    I like Lapslie but the fact you may be right shows how bad things currently are, as I don’t think he’s the answer to us trying to get towards being a play off challenging team. 
  • No smoke without fire, there ain't no smoke.
  • For all the people constantly moaning which would you prefer 1)the club run by a bunch of con artists who plunder what little assets we have and then going out of existence /going into administration with a points deduction, relegation to league two and a real possibility of dropping to non league football or 2)being purchased by a respectable businessman who is a bit eccentric/egotistical, make some mistakes because he is inexperienced running a club, invests some into the club but not as much as we would like but we remain financially stable even if it is a long term build and who clearly who is going to have a love of the club.  I think we all know the answer is number 2.  This summer has been disappointing and even though I believe a couple more good signings will be coming in, promotion is probably unrealistic.  That being said, we really need to focus on the bigger picture.
  • Sponsored links:

• masicat said:
    This is starting to feel like a previous window when we were all set up to believe our twat of a Chairman was trying to sign many players, and we couldn’t sign any because we had an embargo on. Whilst it’s understandable that some want to defend TS at all costs, it does feel as though we have been played and something is seriously wrong. For the first time in this division we have a relegation team. A couple of additions won’t change things, the planning has gone.
    Said this on July 22nd.
  • Scoham said:
    Boom 💥 No, wait, that’s not a signing.
    Eh, give him a run out in midfield anyway. Can hardly make it any worse.
  • thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:
    Eh, give him a run out in midfield anyway. Can hardly make it any worse.
    He looks like he'd do better in the number 10 shirt than its current incumbent.
  • Scoham said:
    Poor fella ... All that way to watch the shower of S**t last Saturday. Anyone else think his mate looks like Andy Marshall
    Last I looked, he was on the bench for Mansfield 
  • edited August 2021
    I would suggest closing this thread until deadline day as nothing is happening until then! This window has been a damp squib!!
  • Scoham said:
    That was a close shave 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!