Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    I see Joe Randall has signed for the Posh this evening. 
    It’s Joel but to be honest it’s the sort of business I expected us to be doing this summer. Young, hungry players with the potential to improve and either take us on to the next level or be sold on for a massive fee. Peterborough have got this down to a tee. And a four year deal too.
    Being in the Championship helps. A lot.
    They’re in the Championship because they’ve had that policy for a number of years. It’s worked and they’re carrying on with it. Sounds sensible to me. As Large said. That’s what a lot of us thought would be Charltons strategy.
  • mart77 said:
    Agostinho Soares Nconco - left back, 21 years of age 183cm plays for Covilha. Red hot intel.
    He’s 31 and has very average stats. Random if true
    Nice try but wrong nationality 
    I never mentioned his nationality didn't think it relevant - Guinea Bissau for those wondering. I could have also mentioned that he has black hair, dark brown eyes, likes mojitos and Steven Seigel movies but no one gave me the list of what is officially required for a rumour. Perhaps you could enlighten me Mr Knowitall. PS Aogstinho  owns a toyota corolla (blue).
    I’m just kidding with you. I know absolutely bugger all I’m afraid. 
  • Scoham said:
    It’s Joel but to be honest it’s the sort of business I expected us to be doing this summer. Young, hungry players with the potential to improve and either take us on to the next level or be sold on for a massive fee. Peterborough have got this down to a tee. And a four year deal too.
    They’re in the Championship because they’ve had that policy for a number of years. It’s worked and they’re carrying on with it. Sounds sensible to me. As Large said. That’s what a lot of us thought would be Charltons strategy.
    I'm sure bring in talented young hungry players is something we'll aim to do. We've already got a few by bringing in DJ, Dobson and Clare, plus Famewo has come back on loan with an option to buy.

No doubt we've put in bids for others but they haven't gone through for whatever reason. It's a theme throughout football in this country. The strategy doesn't work if clubs are asking for huge fees - as an example Accrington are said to want £2m for Dion Charles. Ten years ago it would have probably been half or even a quarter of that for a lower league striker at a club of their size.
  • edited August 2021
    mart77 said:
    Agostinho Soares Nconco - left back, 21 years of age 183cm plays for Covilha. Red hot intel.
    He’s 31 and has very average stats. Random if true
    Nice try but wrong nationality 
    I never mentioned his nationality didn't think it relevant - Guinea Bissau for those wondering. I could have also mentioned that he has black hair, dark brown eyes, likes mojitos and Steven Seigel movies but no one gave me the list of what is officially required for a rumour. Perhaps you could enlighten me Mr Knowitall. PS Aogstinho  owns a toyota corolla (blue).
    I’m just kidding with you. I know absolutely bugger all I’m afraid. 
    Mock indignation matey I’m just being a knob
  • I see Joe Randall has signed for the Posh this evening. 
    The offer of Championship football plus Posh’s habit of turning big fees means we were never going to win that this time around.  He’s goi g to be worth £5m in a year or two.  Shame but we have to move on and look for the next one of these
  • I wish we could stop this obsession with young players being hungry. I want to see our players eating properly. Lots of veg and good blood sugar levels to see them through the day.
    And plenty of steak - we're not Forest Green.
  • Scoham said:
    How did it work? They were competitive every season, never went up and sold their best players? It's a sensible policy for sustainability but it didn't bring results.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bring back Christophe le Point … all is forgiven
  • Scoham said:
    I wish we could stop this obsession with young players being hungry. I want to see our players eating properly. Lots of veg and good blood sugar levels to see them through the day.
    And plenty of steak - we're not Forest Green.
    In moderation mind 
  • edited August 2021
    Sounds like there were other clubs in for Randall and with the past links we had to him, you'd have to guess we were one of them. Sounds as though the PBoro chairman shelled out to get it done. ‘The chairman has pushed this through...’
    A shame mainly because it puts us back to square one but you’d have to think Gallen moves down to the next on the list. 
  • Scoham said:
    No. Our strategy seems to play our youngsters & sell them on later. Just like we've always done. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Europe in 5 years guys, don't worry. 
    Isthmian League?
  • Agostinho Soares Nconco - left back, 21 years of age 183cm plays for Covilha. Red hot intel.
    Frightening talent. We're in for a treat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04aUQJNWrtc&ab_channel=PfootVideoHighlights
  • I am catching up on 5 pages of this thread and it felt right to listen to this at the same time…

https://open.spotify.com/track/1RdZFqugMZXZN4aRryd9Og?si=I9fs1OGiQMatYFg4f-0H8A&dl_branch=1
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Joe Powell, Burton midfielder linked apparently.
    Guessing that would mark the end for Madger Gomes. Or are they different sorts of players? Can’t say I know too much about Joe Powell.
    But we've trialled Gomes so we should give him a 1 year contract :smile:
    It shouldn't be necessary to try to break this down for you but I'll give it a go. You give a player a trial because you want to see how they might fit in with your plans and they are between clubs. You don't do it for a laugh and to mess the player about. You already know what sort of player he is but you are taking the opportunity to have a closer look how he might fit in in terms of what you need.

Said player doesn't impress or display anything you don't already have. The trial is a failure. Said player does really well as some have observed, but more importantly the manager has commented on. Absolutely you sit down with him and talk terms/a contract. Ultimately the driver is the budget or something better presents itself, but we will be looking at the possibility of signing him as why have him on trial in the first place.  
  • Let’s all have a guess what page number we will be on by the time we announce the next signing.

Page 674
  • Alternatively, when is it appropriate to start wheeling out the historical facts again? Those were always good fun on the takeover threads
  • edited August 2021
    You’re probably too young to remember this one @TelMc32 but variation on a theme;

• Alternatively, when is it appropriate to start wheeling out the historical facts again? Those were always good fun on the takeover threads
    On this day in 1704 Britain captured Gibraltar. 4th August was also the day Anne Frank was captured by the Nazis. 
  • RedChaser said:
    You’re probably too young to remember this one @TelMc32 but variation on a theme;

Don’t know that at all @RedChaser but this thread’s definitely gonna need more than one song to get through all the dross!!  😉
  • Let’s all have a guess what page number we will be on by the time we announce the next signing.

Page 674

Page 674
    543 it would be less if it wasn't for all the guesses and historical facts. 
    Definitely list worthy @Dazzler21
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!