Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    ct_addick said:
    Obviously Joel Randall was a target...he was mentioned in January. Sad state of affairs when we lose out to Peterboro with their shitty stadium and donkey field of a pitch.....granted they are in the championship but we should be selling the club as having a very good chance of being there next season
    Yeah I'm sure the management team aren't doing that at all 🤣

Indeed. Gallen and Adkins are quite clearly telling prospective players that ‘we have absolutely zero ambition of getting promotion, we love this league but if you sign for us you get a signed ‘Addicks To Victory’ CD and 20% off a bottle of Lucozade on a specific date down at Sparrows Lane. Do you need to borrow a pen?’
  • edited August 2021
    Ogilvie was the one player I wanted this Summer. Gutted about that. Makes me wonder who we're actually in for. And whether Adkins was serious when he said our right-backs will cover left-back. If so, that is ridiculous.
  • Chunes said:
    Ogilvie was the one player I wanted this Summer. Gutted about that. Makes me wonder who we're actually in for. And whether Adkins was serious when he said our right-backs will cover left-back.
    Be very surprised if a left-back isn't one of the loans. I've heard good things about Ogilvie and it is disappointing. I think one thing that might go against him is that he's a solid LB and we do have one of those, the new one will hopefully be someone capable of playing wing back too. 
  • edited August 2021
    Ogilvie looks a good signing for Portsmouth, intrigued to see who we end up signing to compete with Purrington at LB.
  • Sunderland after Daniel Jebbison from Sheffield Utd. That is a striker I would love us to get.
  • Wouldn’t be worried about us not signing Ogilvie, Pompey could be paying him silly money as they’re behind everyone else in terms of recruitment. 

We don’t need to panic. Signing a LB on loan means we can spend more money on other areas. 
    Which left back have we signed on loan?
  • Wouldn’t be worried about us not signing Ogilvie, Pompey could be paying him silly money as they’re behind everyone else in terms of recruitment. 

We don’t need to panic. Signing a LB on loan means we can spend more money on other areas. 
    Signed 9 players tbf. Think he’s a better lb than Purrington so hopefully you’re right and we’ll get a decent loan. 
  • Sponsored links:

• My bed is a little wet. Damp. 
  • mart77 said:
    Wouldn’t be worried about us not signing Ogilvie, Pompey could be paying him silly money as they’re behind everyone else in terms of recruitment. 

Signed 9 players tbf. Think he’s a better lb than Purrington so hopefully you’re right and we’ll get a decent loan. 
    They have signed 9 players but that incudes an 18 year old left back from Bromley and the such like. 
  • mart77 said:
    Wouldn’t be worried about us not signing Ogilvie, Pompey could be paying him silly money as they’re behind everyone else in terms of recruitment. 

Yes but one is a kid from Bromley, who will play u23’s and another is a striker who has just done his ACL. 

They’re also expecting to lose Curtis 
  • edited August 2021
    Grief.  This thread is fucking torture.  I try and stay away but something is drawing me back in, every time.

I fully expect to have a face like a slapped arse when the transfer window slams shut, that's Charlron after all, BUT all this cloak and dagger, staying within a "budget" and under the radar bollocks...  fucking torture!  Right i'm off,  back tomorow.
    G'night Jim Bob B)
  • Dazzler21 said:
    ct_addick said:
    Obviously Joel Randall was a target...he was mentioned in January. Sad state of affairs when we lose out to Peterboro with their shitty stadium and donkey field of a pitch.....granted they are in the championship but we should be selling the club as having a very good chance of being there next season
    It's not helpful when players can see that we've not pushed the boat out though is it. If I was a player or an agent I'd be questioning our ambition. I'm pretty sure that Stockley might have 2nd thoughts if he was about to sign now. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    ct_addick said:
    It's not helpful when players can see that we've not pushed the boat out though is it. If I was a player or an agent I'd be questioning our ambition. I'm pretty sure that Stockley might have 2nd thoughts if he was about to sign now. 
    Golfie when I said we wouldnt lose another 4 games last season you took a bet for the upbeats. Fancy another 1 ? You undoubtedly seem to think we are going to struggle. I think we will make top 6. £25.00 for the upbeats again ? 
  • Grief.  This thread is fucking torture.  I try and stay away but something is drawing me back in, every time.

I fully expect to have a face like a slapped arse when the transfer window slams shut, that's Charlron after all, BUT all this cloak and dagger, staying within a "budget" and under the radar bollocks...  fucking torture!  Right i'm off,  back tomorow.
    G'night Jim Bob B)
    G'night Mary-Ellen.
  • Sponsored links:

• mart77 said:

Yes but one is a kid from Bromley, who will play u23’s and another is a striker who has just done his ACL. 

They’re also expecting to lose Curtis 
    Still personally think they’re ahead of us recruitment wise albeit I believe we’ll finish higher than them as I have faith in Gallen . 
    I think we need 5/6 players at least 4 of which need to be first XI quality. I’m reserving judgement until the window closes as I think we’re well short of where we need to be for the playoffs let alone the auto spots at the moment. 
  • Reckon we will still get another 5 bodies in. 1 decent quality starter (left wing), the rest proper "squad meat" of the Bogle and Smyth variety. 

• We’re going to get to deadline day with nobody but Callum Harriott and Nathan Eccleston in the building 
    Nathan Ecclestone. There's a name from the past. Remember he came in on loan and scored an absolutely brilliant goal. Thought he would have a great career based on that goal.

Whatever happened to him?

He's still locked in his room at the Marriott Hotel, in Bexleyheath.

• Reckon we will still get another 5 bodies in. 1 decent quality starter (left wing), the rest proper "squad meat" of the Bogle and Smyth variety. 
    If that prophecy comes to fruition we are in big trouble.
    If that prophecy comes to fruition we are in big trouble.

MFW when I have a premonition of yet another lacklustre transfer window.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!