Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Just on the loans thing, I'm not to worried if we bring in some quality players. The loans that made my blood boil were the long term sick-notes we took in and nursed back to health, while they couldn't give 100% (or occasionally anything at all) as they were on a slow road to recovery and didn't want to risk a relapse. Or players with some sort of pedigree and a life changing injury to balance it, and who would come in, dazzle for three games before pulling a hamstring and vanishing until a reappearance in january where they turned out on a tuesday night looking as if they had aged forty years in four months. 
    Simply the luxury of being able to run the rule over players who played 40+ games regularly, have no injuries in the closet and are under thirty years old would be a nice step in the right direction.
    I genuinely can't think off the top of my head of a loan like that the past 3 seasons.

We've had shit loans that didn't work out but none of the reasons mentioned? 
    We had dozens of cases similar to that (although not exactly) under Pardew and Parkinson.  Turned up unfit, didn't really try then got injured or went back once they were fit. 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    I think Ferguson is the complete opposite of what we want, slow, versatile and closer to the end of his career than the beginning - never mind his links with the scum.

It's a no from me.
    Which clubs someone has played for before coming to us is, for me, irrelevant.  They're people doing a job, I just want them to do that job properly when they're here.  How many here hold Inniss's previous club against him?
    Fair enough but it wasn't the only reason I gave
  • Options

It's a shame we don't have a core of 5 or 6 key indispensable players to build a new squad around. Even 3 or 4 would be helpful. 

To be honest, I don't think we have any.

Maybe JFC would qualify but he now has a long term injury and Innis the pother candidate has mostly been injured too. Stockley has done well but hardly indispensable and he's a loan.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Just on the loans thing, I'm not to worried if we bring in some quality players. The loans that made my blood boil were the long term sick-notes we took in and nursed back to health, while they couldn't give 100% (or occasionally anything at all) as they were on a slow road to recovery and didn't want to risk a relapse. Or players with some sort of pedigree and a life changing injury to balance it, and who would come in, dazzle for three games before pulling a hamstring and vanishing until a reappearance in january where they turned out on a tuesday night looking as if they had aged forty years in four months. 
    Simply the luxury of being able to run the rule over players who played 40+ games regularly, have no injuries in the closet and are under thirty years old would be a nice step in the right direction.
    I genuinely can't think off the top of my head of a loan like that the past 3 seasons.

We've had shit loans that didn't work out but none of the reasons mentioned? 
    We had dozens of cases similar to that (although not exactly) under Pardew and Parkinson.  Turned up unfit, didn't really try then got injured or went back once they were fit. 
    The first loan of Lee Cook would be a perfect example. 
  • Options

It's a shame we don't have a core of 5 or 6 key indispensable players to build a new squad around. Even 3 or 4 would be helpful. 

To be honest, I don't think we have any.

Maybe JFC would qualify but he now has a long term injury and Innis the pother candidate has mostly been injured too. Stockley has done well but hardly indispensable and he's a loan.

This is why building a squad over two or three seasons making it stronger in each is the right strategy. Of course I’m hoping we tear up the league next season but it will be tough to get our squad bang on in one summer. At the end of each season you really should only be looking to add maybe two or three players to tweak the strength. We haven't been building anything for years now.
  • Options
    Linvoy Primus was unfit when we loaned him, got his fitness back and the went back to Pompey.
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    How much will Stockley cost, roughly?
    £400k?.
    I would say less, last year of contract as was only bought for 700k ish, 250k ish. 
    After his goal record with us I'd say they'd want close to 500k. Well worthwhile 
    Don't say things like that, you don't know who from the Preston hierarchy reads this forum.
    I'm sure Preston would like a fee for Stockley but they also want him off their wages.

So I'm sure Steve Gallen will be telling them what a favour he is doing them taking the unwanted player off their hands and freeing up all that money to give to someone else.   And his opposite number will be saying how he must be worth a fee and will be a bargain even at £500k.  

They will dance around for a bit and we'll make a deal.  Or not.
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    £400k?.
    I would say less, last year of contract as was only bought for 700k ish, 250k ish. 
    After his goal record with us I'd say they'd want close to 500k. Well worthwhile 
    Don't say things like that, you don't know who from the Preston hierarchy reads this forum.
    I'm sure Preston would like a fee for Stockley but they also want him off their wages.

So I'm sure Steve Gallen will be telling them what a favour he is doing them taking the unwanted player off their hands and freeing up all that money to give to someone else.   And his opposite number will be saying how he must be worth a fee and will be a bargain even at £500k.  

Maybe Preston could throw in a certain German centre half as a makeweight in the deal.
  • Options
    I’ve been told that aneke didn’t turn up for contract talks as he thinks he can get a championship gig.
    Announced everywhere talks start today. Fake news from you as always.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    £400k?.

Maybe Preston could throw in a certain German centre half as a makeweight in the deal.
    Especially as he has been out for 6 months. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Posh had one outfield loan player all season, Hull didn't have many loans either. There's no NEED to have 5 loans if your own players are good enough
    I agree with this. I think 1-2 quality loans at a maximum. 
  • Options
    And let's hope we get them for the season, no early recalls.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    iaitch said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    £400k?.

Injured AND a former player so some people won't want him : - )
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Richard J said:
    Connor Ogilvie at Gillingham would be a good left sided centre back / left back.

He is out of contract. 
    Would be a good addition and good enough to start for us imo, that would be our left sided defense sorted with Purrington as back up. The exact type of signings I want to see, cherry pick the best players from the teams around us 

Interesting stat on headers won
    What hell has Vadaine Oliver been doing?
    Bloke must have to pop about 10 ibuprofens at half time

There's a few players I'd take from the Gills tbh, Dempsey is a shout in this thread, also Jordan Graham (I think) is out of contract, 12 goals and 6 assists this season, if we are having Stockley as the main man wingers are a priority
  • Options
    Gillingham will lose a few players this summer, I'm sure Gallen and co have been keeping an eye on their best players
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    I’ve been told that aneke didn’t turn up for contract talks as he thinks he can get a championship gig.
    Announced everywhere talks start today. Fake news from you as always.
    He did add that the talks were with Bowyer. 
  • Options
    We signed anyone yet?
  • Options
    When does the window open?
  • Options
    FIFA's Transfer Matching System website lists the dates for the men's window in England and Scotland as June 9 to August 31.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    does it matter? You can sign players out of the window, you just can't play them. Seeing as the season doesn't start until August it's not an issue.
  • Options
    does it matter? You can sign players out of the window, you just can't play them. Seeing as the season doesn't start until August it's not an issue.
    Yes because when the window opens that's when it's usually officially announced. 
  • Options
    George Dobson is another player on the lists that interests me . Defensive midfielder who can double up as a centre back .

Ex West Ham trainee and over 6ft , I rated him at Walsall and understand that we looked at him then .

He lost his way at Sunderland but I thought he was outstanding for AFC Wombles against us and believe that he assisted with their improved form in the second half of the season . Surely we could outbid them if he wants to return south ?

If we did release Pratley he might be worth considering .
  • Options
    Just to keep @Henry Irvinghappy

“Any actual rumours?”
  • Options
    I suppose the biggest question is how much is Sandgaard willing to spend? 

If we're talking millions, then we should have enough to get promoted. The real challenge that Adkins has previous of overcoming is picking players that can step up at least one more level. 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Just to keep @Henry Irvinghappy

“Any actual rumours?”
    There won't be yet. Not credible ones. Adkins said he'll start talking to players today, I imagine most other clubs/managers will be at a similar stage of events. By early next week when we have a better idea of who is being let go and where that leaves us things will probably start moving forward.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cousins is out of contract at Stoke, still only 27. If he is injury free he could be an excellent addition as the mobile CDM.
    Would welcome him back. 

Easily good enough for this level.
    no thanks .. we have all moved on .. IF he wants to come back it'll be because his career has stalled .. we can do better than signing ex CAFC has beens/never weres
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!