Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    I think Ferguson is the complete opposite of what we want, slow, versatile and closer to the end of his career than the beginning - never mind his links with the scum.

It's a no from me.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    I think Ferguson is the complete opposite of what we want, slow, versatile and closer to the end of his career than the beginning - never mind his links with the scum.

It's a no from me.
    You need that mixture of tried and tested albeit not looking for a last payday and young blood. 

• Options
    This season I feel we have had a team of "indians", which has lacked "chiefs" who can inspire both fellow players and fans.  However, results show we have not been as far off a promotion achieving team as some seem to be suggesting.

I do not think it necessary, or even advisable, to try to replace it with a team of "chiefs" - I look at the Team of the Season, and wonder how they would actually perform if they took to the field together!  Balance and togetherness are needed, as well as individual skills.

What I would like to see is at least 4/5 contracted players in the 2021/22 squad, across the different areas of the pitch, who would also be suitable to play in the Championship the following season.  Preferably two of them would be players with proven ability to score goals (one a striker, the other could be a midfielder), and all with the character to lift the rest of the squad, to make a team which exceeds the sum of its parts when the going gets tough.  Hopefully, with Sandgaard's backing, this will be a possibility.

It would also be good to add some keen and able loan players, but not at the expense of removing opportunites for any of our own youngsters who are of an ability suitable for first team football.  
  • Options
    I don't know the contract situations but putting that aside, this is my view on our squad re build. I'd definitely be trying to sign stockley and famewo. Innis is good and matthews good enough. Washington has impressed me the last few months so i'd be looking to offload schwartz if possible and chucks (think he's great but his medical issue is a problem) . Be looking therefore 2 bring 2 strikers in - piggot maybe and a pace merchant. Would try and offload the whole midfield and replace - need more legs and athleticism, a playmaker or 2 and a couple of pacey wingers - this and the midfield and the new centre forward is where the money needs to go. I'd leave the goalkeeper situation as is and be looking to bring in a new left back and a couple of up and coming central defenders to replace oshalaja and pearce who can also ideally cover at full back.  Job done, easy.   
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    How I think we'll go into the new season:

GK: Amos | Maynard-Brewer
    RB: Matthews | Gunter
    CB: Inniss | Pearce | Centre-Back | Centre-Back
    LB: Purrington | Left-Back
    W: Jaiyesimi | Left-Wing | Right-Wing | Right-Wing
    Mid: Forster-Caskey | Morgan | Gilbey | Watson | Pratley | CM | CM | CM
    Strikers: Stockley | Washington | Schwartz | Forward

Dont think we'll have the massive squad overhaul that people are hoping for.

10 new players looks pretty massive to me....!
    Not really if 5 are loans. 
    Loans are pretty much the only way  a league 1 club will get quality young players like Maatsen and Millar unless we grow them ourselves (not much sign of that just now).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hoolahan is one of those players I always wanted us to sign. Great little player.

Remember Alan Pardew agreed a 200,000 fee for Hoolahan but Richard Murray pulled the deal because he could not afford it 
  • Options
    How much will Stockley cost, roughly?
  • Options
    £400k?.
  • Options
    £400k?.
    I would say less, last year of contract as was only bought for 700k ish, 250k ish. 
  • Options
    £400k?.
    I would say less, last year of contract as was only bought for 700k ish, 250k ish. 
    After his goal record with us I'd say they'd want close to 500k. Well worthwhile 
  • Options
    Hoolahan is one of those players I always wanted us to sign. Great little player.

Remember Alan Pardew agreed a 200,000 fee for Hoolahan but Richard Murray pulled the deal because he could not afford it 
    Did this happen? Who did we end up with instead?
  • Options
    We need a fox in the box. Francis Jeffers is still available.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cousins is out of contract at Stoke, still only 27. If he is injury free he could be an excellent addition as the mobile CDM.
    Would welcome him back. 

Easily good enough for this level.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    People are very scarred by Ajose. His name seems to come up every time a player has a decent goalscoring season and we look at him. Sometimes it's just a flash in the pan and sometimes it's the start of a player figuring himself out, the management will hopefully be able to judge that. We don't have to cross ourselves to ward off Ajose's spirit every time though
    Nicky Ajose, Andy Gray, Izale Mcleod, Paul Benson... Scarred by them all
    I'd like to also claim some scarring from Pawel Abbott, David Mooney and Akpo Sodje
    Ricardo Vaz Te, Lee Novak, Simon Makienok, Yaya Sanogo, Frank Nouble...
    Tresor Kandol
  • Options
    By his own admission Cousins would want to come back one day but doubt he's achieved all he wants to in his career yet
    https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/16176535.exclusive-former-charlton-midfielder-jordan-cousins-wants-valley-return-one-day/
  • Options
    What's the obsession with wanting ex players back? Jordan Cousins is exactly the sort of player we don't need, he hasn't played anywhere near the amount of consistent games we should be after over the last 5 years. 
    Message Board scouting filters set to ex-players. It promoted conversation!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    What's the obsession with wanting ex players back? Jordan Cousins is exactly the sort of player we don't need, he hasn't played anywhere near the amount of consistent games we should be after over the last 5 years. 
    Whilst that's a fair point, I don't get this 'obsession with wanting ex players back' comment.

Has anyone said he's a first choice?

Seems many think Thomas will be spending all his fortune on us. More realistically we will buy some proven players and some less proven players to balance the books.

Cousins slots down the middle for me and as such I would welcome him back.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!