Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Come on Rotherham!

Playing tonight against Luton. A win will all but doom Sheffield Wednesday to relegation (three points ahead, superior goal difference).

Meanwhile, the three points would also help the Millers leapfrog Derby and that lands the two biggest cheats in the Championship in the bottom three on the final day.

Comments

• Very tight with the Goal Difference down there isnt it!! - Even if Rotherham win today, a defeat on Sunday combined with a Sheffield Wednesday win could easily see them make up the difference
  • Very tight with the Goal Difference down there isnt it!! - Even if Rotherham win today, a defeat on Sunday combined with a Sheffield Wednesday win could easily see them make up the difference
    Would need a minimum six goal swing and that’s if Rotherham were to win by only a single goal tonight.
    Would need a minimum six goal swing and that’s if Rotherham were to win by only a single goal tonight.
    Also would mean that Derby would drop.
  • Derby are apparently screwed financially, regardless of league. 

Shef Wed also not amazing and would potentially struggle 
  • Sheffield Wednesday consistently fail to pay their players on time at the moment so can't be doing too well financially either
  • edited May 2021
    Must be pretty frustrating  for the Rotherham fans, they were in a great position to secure safety and are pissing it away

I think we can all relate 
  • Sponsored links:

• C'mon Rotherham
  • And Hull are in free fall 

give me all the smaller clubs over the bigger ones every season 
  • stonemuse said:
    Playing tonight against Luton. A win will all but doom Sheffield Wednesday to relegation. Meanwhile, the three points would also help the Millers leapfrog Derby and that lands the two biggest cheats in the Championship in the bottom three on the final day.
    That also means that next season Sheff  wed and derby are in our league. 
    No thanks. 

If they go down, I think they will go in freefall
    Agreed. I’d feel better with Derby and Wednesday coming down instead of one of them plus Rotherham. 
  • Playing tonight against Luton. A win will all but doom Sheffield Wednesday to relegation. Meanwhile, the three points would also help the Millers leapfrog Derby and that lands the two biggest cheats in the Championship in the bottom three on the final day.
    No thanks. 

I'd prefer some bigger clubs down here to be honest. I hear a lot of comments about players looking forward to coming to the Valley because we're a big fish and our home form definitely supports that. If teams like Wednesday come down let the smaller clubs be desperate to beat them, it just adds to the pressure for them and I don't think they'll do well. 
  • stonemuse said:
    Playing tonight against Luton. A win will all but doom Sheffield Wednesday to relegation. Meanwhile, the three points would also help the Millers leapfrog Derby and that lands the two biggest cheats in the Championship in the bottom three on the final day.
    No thanks. 

If they go down, I think they will go in freefall
    We can always hope 
  • look at the table, Luton unbeaten in 5 Millers drew the last and lost the previous 4 .. I fear Rotherham are L1 bound 
  • 0-0 at half time
  • Rotherham were poor, I'd expect Shef Wednesday to probably stay up 
  • 0-0 FT.

Rotherham need to win at the weekend and hope Derby don't win.
  • Sponsored links:

• It makes it an exciting final day

If Rotherham win and Derby don't beat Wednesday, they stay up
    Derby beat Wednesday they stay up
    If Wednesday beat Derby they stay up unless Rotherham win.

And Wycombe still aren't mathematically down yet
  • Come on Wednesday!
  • Cant see Rotherham beating Cardiff so the game at Pride Park is going to be interesting. 
  • I find it odd that people want Rotherham to stay up. The likelihood of us remaining in L1 is high. Hypothetically L1 could start next season with Sunderland, Sheffield Weds, Derby and Ipswich. I suspect the league will be tougher next season, we missed a very opportunity to get out.
  • Derby seem to have given up looking at past few results. I’ll be gutted if Wednesday stay up. 
  • edited May 2021
    PopIcon said:
    I find it odd that people want Rotherham to stay up. The likelihood of us remaining in L1 is high. Hypothetically L1 could start next season with Sunderland, Sheffield Weds, Derby and Ipswich. I suspect the league will be tougher next season, we missed a very opportunity to get out.
    Sheffield Wednesday and Derby are both a complete mess. Either could run away with the league if they can sort themselves out but equally they could be stuck down here for a few seasons like we have, or Ipswich have, or Sheffield United in the past before they came good.

Rotherham are constantly up and down between these two leagues and will be in a prime position to keep the core of their squad together and grab one of the top six, even top two, spots this time next year.
  • And Hull are in free fall 

give me all the smaller clubs over the bigger ones every season 
    For every Hull there’s an Ipswich or a Bolton or a Wigan or a Sheff Utd or a Coventry... plenty of examples of the “big” clubs struggling at this level.