Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City | Tues 4th May 2021 7pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

12346»

Comments

• Options
    So unenthusiastic about tonight. It should have been a great game with everything on the line but we’ve absolutely bottled it in the last week. 

How Charlton would it be to win the next 2 and still fall outside the playoffs. Roll on 2021/22 with all of us back in the stands.

• Options

Should maybe have unscrewed one of the table legs a little when they’re getting their rubs
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    I think we would of cemented our place in the playoffs by now if Adkins had chosen the right lineups playing mattsen on the right wing was ridiculous you might as well put Pearce there at least he would clatter the full back and giving Aneke 15 minutes when he’s our top goal scorer is just plain stupid ,please don’t someone say you’ve got to manage his injuries.
    The Adkins blaming is really weird. I think he has done very well to get us into a position to still be in it with the last game to go (Hopefully).

He inherited a poor squad in shocking form and morale through the floor. A squad that was certainly heading for mid-table.

I agree the football last few weeks has been horrendous, but I do not think it's the style NA wants to play he just had very little option and is trying to grind out results at the business end of the season.

Maatsen was shocking the other night but I don't remember people complaining about him playing right wing out of nowhere when he scored the winner vs Doncaster and was excellent.

I for one am excited to see how we do next season under NA, no matter what division we are in.
    In reality it's just the 2 performances which have been bad

2 weeks ago we won 6-0 and everyone was ecstatic, then 10 days ago we narrowly lost to Posh, a "forgivable" result.

The way people are going on, you'd have thought we hadn't won for a month
  • Options
    Willo said:
    If we start stockley up front to day and 2 wide men and don't "risk" chucks and Washington in a 2 the I do worry about us next season as I fear the long ball could be Adkins preference going forward.
    That's nothing to do with his preferences, that's down to medical reasons

Conor has had a hamstring injury, rush that back and he's out for the season. Chuks has struggled with playing 90 all season
  • Options
    Are you at the Valley tonight @Sage?
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    I think we would of cemented our place in the playoffs by now if Adkins had chosen the right lineups playing mattsen on the right wing was ridiculous you might as well put Pearce there at least he would clatter the full back and giving Aneke 15 minutes when he’s our top goal scorer is just plain stupid ,please don’t someone say you’ve got to manage his injuries.
    The Adkins blaming is really weird. I think he has done very well to get us into a position to still be in it with the last game to go (Hopefully).

He inherited a poor squad in shocking form and morale through the floor. A squad that was certainly heading for mid-table.

I agree the football last few weeks has been horrendous, but I do not think it's the style NA wants to play he just had very little option and is trying to grind out results at the business end of the season.

Maatsen was shocking the other night but I don't remember people complaining about him playing right wing out of nowhere when he scored the winner vs Doncaster and was excellent.

I for one am excited to see how we do next season under NA, no matter what division we are in.
    In reality it's just the 2 performances which have been bad

2 weeks ago we won 6-0 and everyone was ecstatic, then 10 days ago we narrowly lost to Posh, a "forgivable" result.

The way people are going on, you'd have thought we hadn't won for a month
    Starting to wonder if there's any sort of correlation between the ones going OTT with the recent results and those who were vehemently against Adkins being appointed?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Thanks Nige.
    Play two upfront and have a go at them then
  • Options
    Same gameplan

No creativity in the middle again. 
  • Options
    Adkins says we must win but leaves aneke on the bench and shinnie not in the squad. I think i will save my tenner tonight..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have been today, unfortunately not tonight. Now at home. 
  • Options
    I'm really dissapointed the last couple games that we don't have anything else about us, that line up nails it. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Yea yea, just saying that to avoid getting lynched on here for being able to see a game ;)

What did you do, hide in a laundry basket?
  • Options
    Looks like a Bowyer side! How does Adkins expect us to win with just Stockley up front!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    There was me thinking we could perm any two from 4 with Stockley, Washington, Aneke and Schwartz when we signed Jayden. It feels like the team has to be picked by the Physio every game for the last two years.  
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Yea yea, just saying that to avoid getting lynched on here for being able to see a game ;)

I’ll have you know it was not the laundry basket but I was the delivery man, came to deliver the 3 points. You’ll see later where I ended up delivering them to...
  • Options
    There was me thinking we could perm any two from 4 with Stockley, Washington, Aneke and Schwartz when we signed Jayden. It feels like the team has to be picked by the Physio every game for the last two years.  
    Well Adkins was a physio Sam 😉.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Looks like a Bowyer side! How does Adkins expect us to win with just Stockley up front!
    Same way we did against Doncaster, Sunderland and Plymouth.

Difference being, we had Jaiyesimi in those games. Funny how poor we've looked without him. 

Is there any chance of him being available for our last game?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Well Adkins was a physio Sam 😉.

Touché Red.

I did actually forget that, I wasn't trying to be clever for once.

I will put the question to Nigel Adkins tomorrow with the CAST zoom  if it isn't raised about the state of Swarovski main man. (Since Jonny Williams left)
  • Options
    Ii don’t believe it a must win game and our top 2 goal scorers are on the bench.our most creative player not even in the squad and once more stockley  up there on his own isolated 25yards away from millar on the wrong wing and a left back up on the right wing dream over.I sincerely hope I’m wrong and we get the 3 points but after seeing that line up my hearts dropped in to my boots
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stockley plays exactly like Kane would if he was pissed up. It’s pretty funny.
  • Options
    I didnt buy the stream but following it on sky bet app and i can watch it for free??? 
  • Options
    We ain't very good are we.
    Need a good transfer window or else we be fooked 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

I’ll have you know it was not the laundry basket but I was the delivery man, came to deliver the 3 points. You’ll see later where I ended up delivering them to...
    Hope you said hello to Nigel Adkins before leaving the Valley mate!!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Hope you said hello to Nigel Adkins before leaving the Valley mate!!
    Might see if I can sneak in on Sunday as well.