Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City | Tues 4th May 2021 7pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• we all know the score, unless we get the three tonight we are almost doomed to be in L1 next season and we are dependant then on Accy getting the three at Portsmouth next Sunday while we beat Hull .. goal difference could still play a part, but we'll need to do 2 'Plymouths' for that to be a factor .. unlikely but not impossible

CAFC 5 v Lincoln City 1 .. we hit blinding form BUT .. is it too late ?
    Not that it will happen, but draws for Pompey and Oxford would be enough if we win our next two.
  • limeygent said:
    Should play our Under 23s.
    I'd be all for this idea, play OUR players, but certainly not until Hull City should we lose the Lincoln game, we have to at least try and give it a go with our best eleven Tuesday, because contrary to some opinions, it ain't over yet, close yes, but not yet.
  • With the rubbish on Saturday where Accrington played more football than us I have low expectations for this one. I am not keen on Lincoln having watched the game earlier this season after out playing them first half to still go in behind to an offside goal. Plus the Covid postponement seemed a bit too convenient? But we are so poor at home, 2-0 Lincoln.
  • Our season ends with a whimper, 0-2.
  • we all know the score, unless we get the three tonight we are almost doomed to be in L1 next season and we are dependant then on Accy getting the three at Portsmouth next Sunday while we beat Hull .. goal difference could still play a part, but we'll need to do 2 'Plymouths' for that to be a factor .. unlikely but not impossible

CAFC 5 v Lincoln City 1 .. we hit blinding form BUT .. is it too late ?
    Not that it will happen, but draws for Pompey and Oxford would be enough if we win our next two.
    you're right ..got my arithmetic wrong there  :*
  • We draw, and Minto and Curbs then spend the final part of Valley Pass talking about us needing to win on Sunday, Oxford and Pompey lose, and massive goal swings to get into 6th, but we can still do it....

Then on Sunday we finally get to end this agonizing nonsense as Hull beat us 4-1 
  • This team has finally knocked the eternal optimism out of me. As usual I will watch the game but tbh I dont care about the result. Last game was the final nail for me. They all knew what was needed but again failed to deliver and went down with a whimper! All I hope now is when the transfer window opens we are not signing tired old pros looking to nick a wage for the back end of there careers. Being a charlton fan I'm well used to disappoint and can deal with that but the least they could do is show a bit of heart and play like they mean it. When you are faced with a must win game you dont put in a performance like the one on Saturday. There really are not many in this current squad I would be sorry if they wasnt here next season
  • Still, with Lincoln's Joe Walsh reportedly sidelined, hopefully they won't "Walk Away" with any points.
  • Sponsored links:

• 0-2 End of season.
  • 2-0 and our season is destined to end in injury time on Saturday. It wouldn't be Charlton without a massive kick in the nads!
  • limeygent said:
    Should play our Under 23s.
    Should play our under 18s. 11 wins in a row. 
  • I almost agree with you muttleycafc but you have to have someone like pratley in midfield to break up Lincoln’s play win the ball and give it to our more creative players ie if-c and Shinnie without a(destroyer) in midfield lincoln would cut through us like a knife through butter.
  • Who's going to work out the win percentage for these previews between @Sage and @ForeverAddickted? I want to know who's got the magic keyboard.
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Who's going to work out the win percentage for these previews between @Sage and @ForeverAddickted? I want to know who's got the magic keyboard.
    Looks like we have seven / eight midweek victories this season out of the eighteen games we've won

Bit unfair on Sage though as he doesnt have to produce as many as me, which is equally unfair on everyone else as they have to read more of mine
  • Lincoln are 5/2 on skybet ... seems like free money
  • Dear mr Adkins please find enclosed the team sheet for Tuesday 4th may.       Amos
        Matthews   Innis.   Famewo.    Purrington   
                                   Pratley
                   Gilbey.                        Jfc

Shinnie   

Washington.         Aneke

subs::stockley millar Morgan Pearce Maynard-brewer mattsen gunter
  • Sponsored links:

• The fat lady is getting her hymn book out but maybe just maybe if we score first .......2-1 Addicks
  • I don’t think the fat lady will be at the valley tomorrow Bods64, she might be there on Sunday though I hope not.
  • Nice one grumpy
  • Lincoln are 5/2 on skybet ... seems like free money
    Incredible.  We are 21/20.  Why?
  • Is tomorrow the first match where the guest player on Charlton TV is someone Curbs doesn't know? Or indeed Minto, unless he's met him at club or community trust events. Pritchard must be the youngest guest by far, he's only 35
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Who's going to work out the win percentage for these previews between @Sage and @ForeverAddickted? I want to know who's got the magic keyboard.
    Looks like we have seven / eight midweek victories this season out of the eighteen games we've won

Bit unfair on Sage though as he doesnt have to produce as many as me, which is equally unfair on everyone else as they have to read more of mine
    To be fair, you covered me for Plymouth away when I was not posting on here for a while. So least you got that 6-0 win under your belt. I don't have that card in top trumps. 
  • Can't believe I am writing this, but part of me is hoping for a defeat so I can go out and do something slightly more interesting with my Sunday.

Accrington was like some sort of sick joke. 

Keep writing this, but I can't remember the last Charlton team that I have had so little affinity with. I can honestly say that I wouldn't be overly bothered if none of this squad were here next season.

0-3 
  • Nige - let’s play football for a change. 
  • Despite their demise, I still associate Lincoln with biscuits more than football. Therefore, an easy win for the football side.