Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City | Tues 4th May 2021 7pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    0-2 defeat. Pearce with an OG and an assist.
  • Options
    Play Stockley,Aneke and Washington from the start,forget any defensive midfielders,just go for it,what does it matter.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Expect a return to 4-3-3 not necessarily what I want, but what I expect. 

If I had to choose I'd have these players in it.

Amos

Matthews - Inniss - Famewo - Purrington 

Shinnie - F.Caskey - Gilbey

Millar - Aneke - Washington

Subs: M.Brewer, Oshilaja, Maatsen, Morgan, Henry, Clayden (assuming Jaiyesimi still injured), Stockley
  • Options
    We will win tonight, we will win on Saturday. Either Oxford or Portsmouth will score a last minute winner.  
  • Options
    Half price pizzas from the place near me tonight so treating myself.

0-0
  • Options
    edited May 2021
  • Options
    Despite their demise, I still associate Lincoln with biscuits more than football. Therefore, an easy win for the football side.
    What, you can't get Lincoln biscuits anymore?
  • Options
    Logically we have no chance of winning this; they never lose away and we're terrible at home. This is Charlton though, so we'll probably sneak a win we don't deserve tonight so that we can go into the final day hoping and get our dreams crushed right at the death. Probably via a last minute John Marquis goal for Pompey.
  • Options
    Not expecting a miracle but hope all the players put in a shift and leave everything on the pitch tonight. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo53 said:
    I almost agree with you muttleycafc but you have to have someone like pratley in midfield to break up Lincoln’s play win the ball and give it to our more creative players ie if-c and Shinnie without a(destroyer) in midfield lincoln would cut through us like a knife through butter.
    Would it matter if they did? Just go for it and not worry about them. It is a case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted anyway.
  • Options
    I was thinking, if we were needing a win on the last day like Pompey and Oxford, we absolutely wouldn't get it. Would we? 
  • Options
    A lot are saying Saturday and may have missed that the games kick off Sunday at noon.
  • Options
    Adkins completely haphazard accident waiting to happen 11, will give him the chance to put his happy positive spin on yet another dullfest draw.... 1-1.
  • Options
    0 - 2 
  • Options
    I am so disillusioned with these pub players I cannot be bothered about it. Roll on next season. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021

• Options
    comments from Appleton .. starts with a moan about the ref in their game V Posh .. https://youtu.be/rrEFyT9V-UA
    Appleton rests players as he wants us in the playoffs rather than Pompey or Oxford. We win 7-0

On Saturday Pompey lose to Accrington, Oxford draw against Burton, while we draw 0-0 against Hull, enabling us to claim 6th on GD with Magennis missing a last minute penalty. Coincidentally he's seen the next day driving a new Range Rover.

We beat Sunderland in the semis, then just before we are due to play Lincoln in the final, call off the match because one of the groundsmen has tested positive for Covid. The match is played 2 weeks later, and we romp home easy winners as Appleton moans that we've cheated the system.

Oi! @Dazzler21 ...you need to add 'em to your in the know list.
  • Options
    We will win tonight, we will win on Saturday. Either Oxford or Portsmouth will score a last minute winner.  
    You just know it will be this too! 
  • Options
    Perhaps the Cowleys have had the nous and awareness to get Pompey into the play offs, whereas Adkins has still to find his feet at CAFC .. his recent selections have been eccentric to put it mildly .. too late now BUT I feel the Cowleys would have been a far better bet for us IF they had either been approached or wanted the job
    Turned us down for Pompey
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't need Pratley if u are playing 3CB's, its like playing with four.
  • Options
    Lincsaddick said:
    Perhaps the Cowleys have had the nous and awareness to get Pompey into the play offs, whereas Adkins has still to find his feet at CAFC .. his recent selections have been eccentric to put it mildly .. too late now BUT I feel the Cowleys would have been a far better bet for us IF they had either been approached or wanted the job
    Turned us down for Pompey
    Wanted his brother as number two .. TS wanted Jackson and Euell as the back room team 

it’s ridiculous to compare both jobs Pompey are a team that have hardly changed for 2/3 years .. we are still 2 years away from having a settled team and still playing catch up ..... 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    Or Stroud /Kettle will give them a ridiculous pen five mins  into injury time .... 
  • Options
    Not expecting a miracle but hope all the players put in a shift and leave the Valley NEVER TO RETURN tonight. 

• Options

Having watched us being given a lesson in how to play football by Crewe, only to select three centre-backs and two geriatrics for the crucial Accrington game I was content to snooze in the garden and miss what was guaranteed to be a turgid and frustrating borefest. 

What on earth has happened since the Plymouth and Posh performances when we were really impressive?

Why were Matthews and Purrington dropped when they have both been outstanding?

Why is Chuks kept on the bench when he always looks like scoring- what are we saving him for....Christmas?

Why is Pearce retained when Innis and Famweo are much better and both fit?

Why do we select loanees over our own young players like Morgan who we will need to use next season?

I just cant see any value in not even trying to win a game, not selecting our best players, or leaving out our own players at this stage of the season.  I certainly don't feel any obligation to watch it.   

To think some on here thought that Lee Bowyer was negative.

1-3 

Chuks to score a consolation goal after coming on in the 78th minute
    Pratley to be booked
    Watson to walk about aimlessly
    Maatsen to look lost and cut inside on his left foot everytime he receives the ball
    Pearce to engage in mud wrestling
    Millar to glide past players only fail to deliver one decent cross
    Stockley to bravely win 111 headers for no reason whatsoever

If ever a convincing argument for differentiation between 'lol in agreement' and 'lol in disagreement' buttons were needed, this is it.
  • Options
    Has Appleton got Covid...?  Seems to be coughing & sputtering a lot.

I reckon we should call the game off due to not wanting to risk our players.
    Again, why am I not able to like and laugh at something. It's a rather miserable minded person who only laughs at things they don't like or disagrees with.
  • Options
    Of course it matters muttley cafc if we go hung ho from the first minute with no midfielder getting tackles in and winning the ball we could be a goal down to a good lincoln side inside the first 10 minutes and the dreams over. We have to get3 points tonight that’s why l would pick the side in my previous comments which IMO is a
    balanced attacking side.if on the hour we’re drawing then that’s the time to go hung ho have 4 upfront and go for it because then we’d have nothing to lose but the most important thing is claiming 3points.win tonight’s match, then we have no choice but to go gung ho in the hull match as nothing less than 6points wii do, and hope Portsmouth and Oxford lose and both their games are far from easy.
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    Of course it matters muttley cafc if we go hung ho from the first minute with no midfielder getting tackles in and winning the ball we could be a goal down to a good lincoln side inside the first 10 minutes and the dreams over. We have to get3 points tonight that’s why l would pick the side in my previous comments which IMO is a
    balanced attacking side.if on the hour we’re drawing then that’s the time to go hung ho have 4 upfront and go for it because then we’d have nothing to lose but the most important thing is claiming 3points.win tonight’s match, then we have no choice but to go gung ho in the hull match as nothing less than 6points wii do, and hope Portsmouth and Oxford lose and both their games are far from easy.
    draws would do for us if we win both our games
  • Options
    My previous comments are for you as well thick and thin 63 think about the bigger picture not just tonight’s match.
  • Options
    5-nought charlton aneke hatrick from the bench