Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Charlton Athletic| Sat 1 May 2021| 3pm

Comments

• I think Chucks is Tailor made for this, we really need to just to try keep the ball on the ground as much as we can x :smile:
  • Oh for playing ball to feet.
  • fuck me. I've seen Tennis games with less balls in the air. 

We are dreadful. 
  • We really are hopeless...
    Think that late Crewe equaliser the other night done for us. We knew it and i think the players knew it.
  • Horrible! Accrington at least tried to play football for a part of the half. We haven't quite got there yet. It doesn't help that the ref seems to think that tackling isn't a part of the game. Surely the second half can't be this bad.
  • edited May 2021
    It's the age old problem i think, trying not to concede so much you forget to try and score, far too much high hit n hope balls, trying to clear lines to such an extent it is just that hit and hope, result boring, slow, and non productive.
    So we need to change  our approach or this game will just pass us by, and so will our season 
  • Proper stereotypical league one stuff. Don't think I've seen us look to go long so quickly and so often. Utter shite. 
  • edited May 2021
    As it stands, Oxford are out of the race - four points behind 6th with only one game left. It’d be Pompey or Charlton for that final place. Pompey four points ahead, CAFC with a game in hand.

We have to win today to keep pace. Pompey aren’t dropping points today.
  • We could do with Oztumer and Munns back against the likes of Accrington. That'd show 'em.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very poor game. Nobody seems able to hold up the ball or find a man. Both sides are pretty awful. Definitely an 'on the beach' performance from both sets of players. 
  • Well I hope I’ve slagged Aneke off enough that he comes on a smashes it and proves me wrong!!. Seeing as he is championship quality in some people’s minds.Because that was poor. Pass to each other just for a start ffs.
  • Quite literally the worst league one game I've watched all season and we are contributing a large part of it. 
  • Aneke does need to come on. Might not be enough but need to roll the dice in view of Pompey result
  • Not a classic.  Bring on Aneke for Stockley at halftime. 
  • As it stands, Oxford are out of the race - four points behind 6th with only one game left. It’d be Pompey or Charlton for that final place. Pompey four points ahead, CAFC with a game in hand.

And even best case we'll go into the final day just a point ahead of Portsmouth... Really need to hope that Hull get utterly pissed what with winning the title today
  • LoOkOuT said:
    When did we start expecting an away match at Accrington to be a football feast for the eyes? 

Lots of hoofball from us. They shifted to a better style of play midway through the first. Hopefully we can play the ball between us better in the second half.
    Think I just expected some shred of quality. 
  • It's the age old problem i think, trying not to concede so much you forget to try and score, far too much high hit n hope balls, trying to clear lines to such an extent it is just that hit and hope, result boring, slow, and non productive.
    So we need to change  our approach or this game will just pass us by, and so will our season 
    We’ve got to me much braver on the ball, rather than hoofing it as soon as they get it
  • Not a game for Stockley their defenders will handle him all day long. Nads needs to earn his corn with his half time chat. 
  •  golfaddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Jorge Grant obviously isn't still injured.  That will cheer @golfaddick up.

Results are as bad as they could be right now.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Grant scores for Lincoln.....thought he was out for the season. Rally hope he scores against us & we lose.

Totally mugged off  & nobody was that bothered at the time.
    No one is bothered by what you say because everything you say is so crushingly miserable.  Wanting a team to beat your own team to prove some weird point is I think the absolute bottom even for you.  Maybe you should head off and support someone else.
    Well, maybe if someone had stood up to Lincoln & the EFL then we might not be in this position. I cant help being right. I said it from the day they announced they had Covid & the possibility that our game could be postponed. Didnt take a mathematician to count that it was more than 10 days to our game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2021
    As it stands, Oxford are out of the race - four points behind 6th with only one game left. It’d be Pompey or Charlton for that final place. Pompey four points ahead, CAFC with a game in hand.

And even best case we'll go into the final day just a point ahead of Portsmouth... Really need to hope that Hull get utterly pissed what with winning the title today
    Hull aren’t that much better than us. We’re both top 8 in this league. Ideally we’re 0-0 or 1-1 against them late and can sneak a late one. 

Last year, the gulf between us and Leeds was a bit too much to scale.
  • Ooo the sun is out... Maybe a sign?
  • As it stands, Oxford are out of the race - four points behind 6th with only one game left. It’d be Pompey or Charlton for that final place. Pompey four points ahead, CAFC with a game in hand.

Hope they get more pissed than Leeds did last season!
  • jf-c  is playing shit because he has nobody to play off ffs sake bring on Shinnie then we’re have two players who can actually play with the ball on the deck and opening up defences and get Aneke and millar on otherwise the best result for us is 0-0
  • Thats it Brownie......let's sit back & wait for us to go 1 down. 
  • We have a throw up in the LH corner, Washington passes back to Maatsen but his cross sails behind the goal.
  • Swansea 0 Derby 1 ..... stay like this and Weds relegated .......... shame
  • Cmon lads big half now...let’s see some football,sort it out NA
  • That Famewo pass to Gilbey is why we can’t play pretty passing football lol
  • Nice tackle from Famewo on the edge of our area to win possession, but Gilbey then loses it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!