Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Charlton Athletic| Sat 1 May 2021| 3pm

Comments

• "....it's been entertaining to watch, how we've combated them..."  can I have a crate of what Brownie is on?
  • One game I’m thankful is behind close doors. Imagine travelling all that way to watch us play Hoofball for 45 mins
    If anyone on here goes Accrington next season and complains about the standard of the Football, they'll get no sympathy from me
  • Wombles 1 Pompey 3
  • 3-1 pompey
  • It’s like we have 9 Pratleys trying to win the ball and hoof it in to space for a lone Washington to chase.
  • What a dire game of football. Why are we so scared of getting the ball on the deck and playing it?
  • When I saw we were playing 532 /352 my heart sunk. We just don't have the personnel for it and always looked dire under bowyer playing it and even more so now against an average league 1 team. Can't see us winning this after that absolute shite first half. Why are we so deep again and why do we need so many defenders on the pitch!!!! Dire dire dire.
  • End the season now.

We cant hold a light to the likes of Lincoln,Peterborough and Pompey.
    The playoffs would just make us look more silly.

Start the clear out. Get stuck in from the stsrt...and finally out of this league next May
  • THIS IS CHARLTONS PUSH FOR PROMOTION..... ! 

Enough said..... ! 

God has it really come to this....... 
  • We really are hopeless...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Jorge Grant obviously isn't still injured.  That will cheer @golfaddick up.

Results are as bad as they could be right now.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Grant scores for Lincoln.....thought he was out for the season. Rally hope he scores against us & we lose.

Totally mugged off  & nobody was that bothered at the time.
  • When did we start expecting an away match at Accrington to be a football feast for the eyes? 

Lots of hoofball from us. They shifted to a better style of play midway through the first. Hopefully we can play the ball between us better in the second half.
  • edited May 2021
    DDOUBLEE said:
    3-1 pompey
    Four points clear as things stand, no longer in our hands if we dont win today

Might be a small blessing
  • Absolute garbage, that first half. No one taking responsibility, no leaders, no ideas. We’re playing with fear. Got to get the ball down and pass it. Forster-Caskey has got to put his foot on the ball and pass it. The wing backs have got support and make runs. All hit and hope ... absolute garbage. 
  • Most of our team have a better chance of a new Charlton contract if we don't go up. They're playing for their futures.
  • End the season now.

We cant hold a light to the likes of Lincoln,Peterborough and Pompey.
    The playoffs would just make us look more silly.

Start the clear out. Get stuck in from the stsrt...and finally out of this league next May
    Why even watch football with that attitude?
  • Hopefully someone is telling Adkins the Pompey score as anything but a win today and it’s game over. 
  • Quite possibly the worst half of football I’ve ever seen
    Wait until you see the second.
  • People need to remember we're a third division team with a third division squad.
    Some of the self- pitying comments on here are embarrassing.
  • Worst game of football i’ve ever seen. Embarrassing
  • Sponsored links:

• Dog shit looking attractive ATM.
  • Look like a random bunch of blokes thrown together to play with eachother for the first time. Woeful half of football
    Which begs the question..what's been going on in training since Tuesday?
  • Worst game of football i’ve ever seen. Embarrassing
    I would question if we've seen worse games this season, but thats from a Charlton aspect - Surely has to be the worst game where both teams just arent at it
  • ross1 said:
    Wombles 1 Pompey 2
    Wimbledon can pack up and go home now that Rochdale and Northampton are losing.

Also Peterborough doing us no favours. Lincoln coming to the Valley midweek with automatics to play for.
    Yep. Wimbledon downing tools. Their job is done.
  • One of the worst games I’ve ever seen us play in. Absolutely fucking dreadful. Almost zero skill on show so far. 
  • Worse game I've seen all season.

Game we have to win & we don't look like scoring at all. 
  • I think the best thing that can be said about half is that is 46 minutes of my life I'm not getting back.

Some matches have you purring with excitement at the level of skill on show; this one is for the committed masochist. I can't see too many highlights from this half appearing on the end-of-season DVD or season ticket promo video.

Boy oh boy that's been worse than dreadful. No shots on target from either side, the ball has spent about 4 minutes on the deck.

Hoof, hoof, hoof.

Please, can we have something better in the second half ... even if it means going back to the studio for more chat with Scotty, Curbs, and Carlo and showing a brief highlights package between 5:00pm and 5:02pm.

FFS we don't even have the fake excitement of other scores going in our favour! 
  • ross1 said:
    Wombles 1 Pompey 2
    Wimbledon can pack up and go home now that Rochdale and Northampton are losing.

Also Peterborough doing us no favours. Lincoln coming to the Valley midweek with automatics to play for.
    Yep. Wimbledon downing tools. Their job is done.
    Needed Rochdale to beat them on Tuesday
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!