Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Q&A with Nigel Adkins - May 5th

1235»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    IdleHans said:
    Nadkins?
    That just sounds like you have a special relationship with that Nads bloke from twitter and that's an affectionate nickname you have for him
  • Options
    Nadkins sounds gentle and endearing and despite using Nads on many occasions, if Go is added as encouragement to our poetic manager as a prefix to Nads; it can be misconstrued.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Nadkins?
    That just sounds like you have a special relationship with that Nads bloke from twitter and that's an affectionate nickname you have for him
    What makes you think I don't?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    We now have a really good proven manager and a really good owner.

Not so long ago...it was the combination of Roland and Russel Slade!

If we don't knick a play off spot...I believe the start of next season will move forward quickly. Might maybe go the 1st 10-15 games unbeaten.

I think if and or when we lose, it will likely be marginal scorelines. Basically just the likes of Swindon sitting back for 90mins and nicking a result.
    Sounds very positive.

Hang on a mo.....just who are you?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Nadkins?
    Nigey-kins?
  • Options
    The target has to be promotion next year (if there is no miracle this). Adkins comes across well, and he has a proven track record. We have reason to be hopeful but the proof of the pudding is always in the eating. 
  • Options
    On seconds thoughts why don't we just call that Ultra lot The Stripey Bernards or something? Free up the first name of our cheery manager. What's wrong with people with the N name anyway?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Definitely not Nads. Reminds me of that cock on Twitter who was friends with Southall.
    No. We should reclaim 'Nads'. Oi! Southall friend. Get your hands off our Nads.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Definitely not Nads. Reminds me of that cock on Twitter who was friends with Southall.
    No. We should reclaim 'Nads'. Oi! Southall friend. Get your hands off our Nads.
    Oooh that sound painful!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    Nadkins?
    Nads...then we could shout out GoNads!  Or the Nadster...
  • Options
    You lot make me laugh with your "can't say Nigel", what a load of tosh.

I bet you don't have trouble saying spanner or toolbox?

Keep up the good work Nigel, you are doing a great job.
  • Options
    On seconds thoughts why don't we just call that Ultra lot The Stripey Bernards or something? Free up the first name of our cheery manager. What's wrong with people with the N name anyway?
    Where did the nigel thing originate from?
  • Options
    Where did the nigel thing originate from?
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/27920/quick-question-why-nigels
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Living 7 miles away from the Holmsdale road urchins in a greener area than the concrete jungle of Croydon, Thornton heath, Selhurst where the Sainsbury overflow are glad all over as yet again Zara falls over and wins a pen or recently falls over and is told to get up by refs and opposition players alike.he has-been sussed out.

Nigel is our Manager's name and the Palace connection should be put in Room 101.

Nigel Adkins is the man's name and Palace are just a team in the premier which is light years away from where we are.

They get outplayed by Man City; We get outplayed by Crewe and Accrington etc.

Let's aim to jump one division and start playing against our nemesis Millwall who are 4 miles away and our local rivals and just forget about a team, place and club which should mean absolutely nothing to Cafc in 2021. 

Palace and Brighton can have their M23/A23 rivalry but cafc fans  need a reality check.

We are in the 3rd tier on merit. 
    Hopefully we can have a team and squad which represents what NIGEL said on CAST the other Night for next season.

We live in hope. 

I have been calling him Nads on occasions but I will attempt to stop that but I may call him nadkins when we win !

• Options
    ....nah Nigel is a crap name no getting away from it. However it’s not Nige’s fault, it’s down to his parents.
    Maybe he would prefer to be know by his middle name, I don’t know what that is, possibly Rupert 🤟🏼
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    ....nah Nigel is a crap name no getting away from it. However it’s not Nige’s fault, it’s down to his parents.
    Maybe he would prefer to be know by his middle name, I don’t know what that is, possibly Rupert 🤟🏼
    not Rupert, it's Howard.
  • Options
    Here's a reality check - we have spent more time in the higher divisions than all other South London clubs. It may be in the past but it's part of reality. It may also be true of the future.

Another reality is that a motorway does not make a rivalry. It's history that's made that rivalry (starting when they both were in our league), proof itself that history does count.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Ok, regarding what do we call Nigel if not Nigel, now bear with me here...
    His middle name is Howard ok, a character from "Happy Days", def describes Nige  eh,
    so maybe we should call him  Fonze, could just see him in a white t shirt and leather jacket
  • Options
    Great notes, thank you!