Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Peterborough | Sat 24 Apr | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I go with FA’s selection except I’d have Washington instead of 
    Gunter on the bench. 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    LLDLLDL have been our last 7 league 1 games against The Posh so due a win. 

1-0 Charlton with that tall Danish bloke playing 
    Going by that sequence all I can see is a big  L 
  • Options
    3-1 Charlton. Innis, Stockley and Gilbey.

Pretty positive about today. The 6-0 win shows the team how good they can be and momentum is very much on our side!
  • Options
    2-0 to the mighty Addicks as we do Sunderland’s automatic promotion hopes a boost...
  • Options
    As as per usual I’m having trouble getting onto valley pass. Every time I try to buy today’s match it comes up with ...” oops the authentication cookie has not been set” any one know how I can set it ?? 
  • Options
    I reckon we need another 9 points, so 3 wins or 2 wins and 3 draws will do the trick. I think it will be a tight game and Peterborough will (like us) probably be hoping that Hull can stop Lincoln’s recent resurgence. The stakes are certainly bigger for them than us.

I think Adkins is likely to keep the same team, save for the reintroduction of Ryan Inniss. 
  • Options
    1 - 0 (Washington pen 92)
  • Options
    Despite Adkins liking to keep a settled side, I'm struggling to predict who we will put out today as we have so much strength in depth now. Even the subs bench is a struggle, as we'll have to leave out some decent players.

Amos
    Matthews - Inniss - Pearce/Famewo - Purrington
    JFC - Watson/Pratley - Gilbey
    DJ - Stockley - Millar

AMB - Gunter - Pearce/Famewo - Watson/Pratley - Shinnie - Washington/Maatsen - Aneke

Never mind Morgan, Smith, Oshilaja and Schwartz, I can see one of Washington or Maatsen missing out.
  • Options
    LMHR said:
    As as per usual I’m having trouble getting onto valley pass. Every time I try to buy today’s match it comes up with ...” oops the authentication cookie has not been set” any one know how I can set it ?? 
    Are you logged in to your account?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I am adamant Inniss will start to counter their big man at the back! 
  • Options
    As good as Pearcey has been I think he may play Famewo for his physicality and pace to also counter JCH.
  • Options
    3-1 Charlton. Innis, Stockley and Gilbey.

Pretty positive about today. The 6-0 win shows the team how good they can be and momentum is very much on our side!
    Yeh, it's been a while since we have witnessed such a ruthless demolition and the team should be brimming with confidence.
    However, I don't see Millar and DJ getting anything lie the space they enjoyed on Tuesday (assuming they are both selected).
    Hard to call this one and I think we are going to have to grind out a result.
    I'll back Adkin's Addicks to be up to the task. 1-0
  • Options
    This fixture is making me think of when we played a high flying Luton at The Valley in 2019 when we in the run in to get in the playoffs and we sent a message to the rest of the league and beat them 3-1 which gave us the confidence for the last few games.

Luton from that season and Peterborough right now are almost parallel. Posh will go up irregardless of the result today, so let’s hope for a similar result! Come on Adkins Addicks.
  • Options
    They say you should never change a winning side,but for this game I would play Famewo alongside in is, just to combat the pace of Clarke Harris and szmodics, a bit harsh on Pearce who has been fantastic , but today is all about pace,also I’d go with Aneke up top with stockley and play with one winger probably millar.Leaving a really strong bench of: Washington DJ Shinnie Pearce Gunter pratley
    maynard-brewer a balanced bench,2 forwards,2 midfielders
    and 2 defenders. Predicition Charlton2-1
  • Options
    This fixture is making me think of when we played a high flying Luton at The Valley in 2019 when we in the run in to get in the playoffs and we sent a message to the rest of the league and beat them 3-1 which gave us the confidence for the last few games.

Luton from that season and Peterborough right now are almost parallel. Posh will go up irregardless of the result today, so let’s hope for a similar result! Come on Adkins Addicks.
    I had exactly the same thought about this game. A good chance to test ourseleves against one of the best sides in the division!
  • Options
    Like most Saturday afternoons, all I can see is a coming is a big D
  • Options
    Gammon said:
    Who's the lucky fella?
  • Options
    Stewart said:

Sandgaard?
  • Options
    Gammon said:
    Dinner..Drink....and Delirium...am i getting warm :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gammon said:
    Diarrhea?
  • Options
    LMHR said:
    I have an IPad and an IMac.

Although I always watch the match on my IPad which is connected to my television,
    I have never once been able to make the purchase through the same IPad.

I get the same message that you receive.

But when I log on to the Charlton site via the IMac I can log and make payment easily, no problems.

If possible try and log on and pay on another device, and then watch on your normal device. It works for me.

Best of luck.

• Options
    Killerandflash . It’s sorted now thank you 👍
  • Options
    Gammon said:

• Options
    edited April 2021

2-0 Charlton.
  • Options
    Stewart said:

2 points from 21 !
    Ok maybe a draw isn't so bad.

I'm sure the tall Danish bloke, Simon Makienok was sold to Preston and now plays for St Pauli in Germany.  B)

• Options
    2-0 to the mighty Addicks as we give our automatic promotion hopes a boost...
    Corrected that for you.

It's still possible.
  • Options
    LMHR said:
    The authentication cookie is a problem when you buy the supermarket brand.

Oh, hang on, you mean on the computer. Have you tried turning it off and on again?
  • Options
    I have only read sporadic posts after the initial summing up. There appear to be a lot of folk whose account has been hacked by people who have been Charlton fans for about a week...  ;)