Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Peterborough | Sat 24 Apr | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    3-0 Inniss and Adkins masterclass ... 

another statement of intent ... 
  • Options
    Nerve-wracking 1-0 win 
  • Options
    we need the points more than they do but I don't expect them to come just looking for a point .. they are a proud team with a proud manager and a very ambitious owner .. they will be smarting after defeat at the hands (or feet) of the team managed by their one time (sacked) manager Steve Evans and will really want to beat one of the biggest teams in the Division, that's us. They score a lot and don't concede many, they are a good side. HOWEVER .. we are on the boil and all the players and staff know that a win is pretty essential if we are to maintain and secure a play off place. SOOOO I expect us to win this with a pretty much unchanged team. Adkins has developed a very strong core to his team (something that Bowyer never managed). If it aint broke, don't tamper with it

After a hard, well fought and tough afternoon .. CAFC 2 v Peterborough United 1 B)
  • Options
    Posh are a team we always find tricky. I reckon a nervy 0-0 in reality, but secretly hoping for another 6-0.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Washington was MOM in the 3 matches before he got injured early doors from memory, Nads first game in charge. His work rate and potential goals will come in handy in these last few games and hopefully the play offs.

Millar and DJ are and will be erratic in their performances. Wingers and wide men always are.
    We have choices now; we are a stable in form and Nigel has settled in quickly and has re-energized a tired and demotivated squad.

Stockley, Aneke and Washington will with their minutes on the field decide which division we are in next season. They will get the most chances.

Very tight game with Posh and both teams would probably take a point with the state of the table.

Portsmouth with their early KO should be in 6th place by 3pm as Rovers are doomed now.

Intriguing game where confidence will be high as we have a top away record in League 1.
    Unfortunately our Valley form is lower half and that will have to change for Cafc to get the win against Peterborough.

• Options
    2-1 win. A late winner for us to continue building momentum into the play offs. 
  • Options
    I think we'll set up with the 4-3-3 and have options to change things offensively off the bench if required which were more limited against Ipswich.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    The only thing that matters is we have players in the box when attacking. 4-3-3, 4-1-4-1or 4-2-3-1.
    We won't go gung ho and we will look to have defensive cover at all times.
    Gilbey has made it possible to play one out and out striker which I'm not a fan of normally in the lower divisions. 

On Stockley chip over that Gilbey scored we had another two players spare and unmarked around the box.

The game against Posh will be like chalk and Cheese compared to Plymouth with the lack of space we will find in and around their box.
  • Options
    1-1 draw. Tight cagey game and if results elsewhere go our way I dont think a draw is a bad result. If we werent at home I would have gone with an addicks win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lots of talk,quite rightly about keeping their best two players quiet,let them worry about keeping our front 3 quiet,not easy if they can produce tuesdays form.We were very unlucky up there with a team no where near as good as the one we have now.
  • Options
    season defining match perhaps. Home form been very patchy but I’m hoping. 
  • Options
    For the first time in I don't know when I don't feel conceding first (which I don't want to happen!) would be the end of it.
    Our players have something to go for, and are unlikely to put any kind of personal agenda ahead of the team agenda at this stage of the season.
    I anticipate a pretty good contest.
  • Options
    If I was Nigel, I'd play the game down a bit. View it as our game in hand over Pompey and a bonus.
  • Options
    If I was Nigel, I'd play the game down a bit. View it as our game in hand over Pompey and a bonus.
    By the time we kick off we will have two games in hand ....
  • Options
    Going for a 2-1 win tomorrow. Stockley and Inniss with the goals.

Just Hope Keith Stroud doesn't ruin what should be a really good game. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    If we stop Clarke-Harris, Szmodics & Dembele we shouldn't lose. 
    If they stop Chuks and Jayden, they shouldn't lose.
    We had 6 different scorers against Plymouth.
    Yeah they all score super regularly. 

Personally don't see us winning this one. Will be a happy surprise should we manage it. 
    Why not?
    Because I thoroughly enjoyed Tuesday and am used to the common disappoint that is Charlton's following game after walloping someone. 
    Yeah, we all know that feeling! :neutral:

But you know  ....... it's another day, another game and there's no reason why we won't give it our best shot.

Come on You Reds!

• Options
    As others have mentioned 3 more wins and we would be incredibly unlucky not to make the play offs. What a difference a week makes. Would be lovely to get one tomorrow. Should be  a good game but they are so nearly up, 1-1.
  • Options
    Bookies have it pretty much even for either team and I think that's about right. Probably a tight game and maybe a draw. Hopefully we can nick it. If we do then full steam to wembley hold on tight 😁😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not expecting too many changes to the side that equalled our away record (a bit sad that in over 100 years of football our best away win is 6-0......). I would like to see Innis start & partnering Famewo as I still feel that Pearce has a foul too many in him. As Washington has been out for a month I'm expecting him to start on the bench.....but as Stockley has played a lot of games recently perhaps Aneke might start instead. Apart from that I'd leave the rest if the team as they are.

I see that Stroud's last game at The Valley was the infamous Boxing Day "half golfie" against Bristol City - turning a 2-1 deficit into a 3-2 win. Sadly lightening doesnt strike twice & I feel our home form will stand the test of time......

1-3. Smodicks with a hat trick.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Not expecting too many changes to the side that equalled our away record (a bit sad that in over 100 years of football our best away win is 6-0......). I would like to see Innis start & partnering Famewo as I still feel that Pearce has a foul too many in him. As Washington has been out for a month I'm expecting him to start on the bench.....but as Stockley has played a lot of games recently perhaps Aneke might start instead. Apart from that I'd leave the rest if the team as they are.

I see that Stroud's last game at The Valley was the infamous Boxing Day "half golfie" against Bristol City - turning a 2-1 deficit into a 3-2 win. Sadly lightening doesnt strike twice & I feel our home form will stand the test of time......

1-3. Smodicks with a hat trick.
    You were doing so well until the last line, turn that around and spot on, agree about Chuks and Washington, but this is the real turning point game so 3-1 for me
  • Options
    Charlton win. 3-1. Just a feeling.
  • Options
    One pedantic point (sorry) to correct the preview. Posh can't be promoted tomorrow. Even if they win and everyone around them loses, Lincoln could still mathematically overtake them. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I expect this, but would prefer to see Watson ahead of Pratley. 

Think Peterborough is too soon for Wash. 1-1

I think he’ll want Famewo’s pace in this one. Depending on his fitness we might see Maatsen as well, for his pace and energy. So long as he’s learned to pronounce his name that is. 
  • Options
    We’re due a loss , so here it comes 
    nail biting end to the season
    1-3 to Peterborough and guess what it’s all the refs fault 

Charlton 28%
    draw 35%
    Peterborough 37% 
  • Options
    Tight, nervy game with neither side getting it by the scruff of the neck. Finishing low scoring draw. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    LLDLLDL have been our last 7 league 1 games against The Posh so due a win. 

1-0 Charlton with that tall Danish bloke playing