Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Peterborough | Sat 24 Apr | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    If we stop Clarke-Harris, Szmodics & Dembele we shouldn't lose. 
    If they stop Chuks and Jayden, they shouldn't lose.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    The fact we gave them two goals and we were not exactly performing for the manager on a really shit pitch they were used to playing on. We were still unfortunate not to get a point at least. All this and our form gives me a lot of hope. I think they should be more concerned about us than the other way around. 
    Spot on....
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I expect this, but would prefer to see Watson ahead of Pratley. 

Think Peterborough is too soon for Wash. 1-1

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    We had 6 different scorers against Plymouth.
    Yeah they all score super regularly. 

Personally don't see us winning this one. Will be a happy surprise should we manage it. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Personally don't see us winning this one. Will be a happy surprise should we manage it. 
    Why not?
  • Options
    Probably a let down but I'll hope for a 1-0 home win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice preview but I would like to see a lot more positivity on this thread.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Why not?
    Because I thoroughly enjoyed Tuesday and am used to the common disappoint that is Charlton's following game after walloping someone. 
    Oh ok!!😂
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Brownie made a good point that we virtually gave 2 goals away with bad mistakes away to them, while being quite poor. We've improved a lot since that game.

It's L1 and I don't think NA is of the motivational and tactical mindset where he will want to go into a game against somebody our level to man mark 2/3 opposition players. 
    You say that but on Tuesday as soon as we lost possession JFC was straight on Mayor, at least until they changed formation, even if he wasn't "his man". 

I think it's a very valid tactic to put Pratley on Szmodics. 

This could be a fantastic game because I think both teams can afford to lose by trying to win.  Them more so than us but a win for us would be massive and a defeat wouldn't be the end of the world. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Gilbey has 2 in 4, in the position he is now playing.  Like a new signing.  Should have scored against Donny to. 
  • Options
    A point will be a bonus in this one for me. 1-1 Stockley 
  • Options
    I can see us starting maatsen either left or right wing to help keep dembele or ward quiet as they can hurt us. I trust our defence and Pratley can deal with szmodics and Clarke harris. Stockley Vs Beevers will be an interesting battle as well.

2-1 to us I reckon.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Before the match The Adder will place a mat reading '2nd place' in front of their dressing room door, and after the match he'll put it up from under their feet.

He'll whistle off with it to his desk knowing that in  two weeks time he could still yet be brushing it down for our own dressing room.

It's an absolute must win game.
  • Options
    I think it will be the same team start as tuesday apart from mighty Innis will come back in. Whether he replaces Pearce or Famwoe is a tough call for this game personally I would leave Pearce out. I cant see nads making any other changes if all are fit. On the bench I suspect Albie will make way for maatsen 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I think it will be the same team start as tuesday apart from mighty Innis will come back in. Whether he replaces Pearce or Famwoe is a tough call for this game personally I would leave Pearce out. I cant see nads making any other changes if all are fit. On the bench I suspect Albie will make way for maatsen 
    But it cannot be just one change, LB said when we play Tuesday and Saturday we have to change at least 4 or 5 players each game  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The great thing is that we suddenly have a whole bunch of players on tip top form, Amos, Pearce, Matthews,  Inniss, JFC, Gilbey, Millar, Stockley, Washington, Purrington, and another bunch doing ok, Famewo, Millar, DJ, Maatsen. Chuks, Pratley, Watson. So Ads has the luxury of picking a whole team plus subs from players riding high. And Shinnie, Schwarz and Morgan fit if necessary. What riches!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    We only had 5 scorers on Tuesday night and Plymouth had one...
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    The great thing is that we suddenly have a whole bunch of players on tip top form, Amos, Pearce, Matthews,  Inniss, JFC, Gilbey, Millar, Stockley, Washington, Purrington, and another bunch doing ok, Famewo, Millar, DJ, Maatsen. Chuks, Pratley, Watson. So Ads has the luxury of picking a whole team plus subs from players riding high. And Shinnie, Schwarz and Morgan fit if necessary. What riches!
    Millar's so infuriatingly inconsistent isn't he!
  • Options
    I wrote a little poem, can't remember what it's called:
    Win win win win win
    Win win win win win
    Win win win win win
    Wiiiiiiiin

1:1
  • Options
    Peterborough have lost 3 out of their last 10. I’m feeling pretty confident we can win this.
  • Options
    Daring to hope for a home win following Tuesday’s heroics. I expect to see Inniss in from the start with Maatsen, Watson and Aneke coming off the bench only because NA seems to go for stability in selection.

I can’t remember the last time we had these numbers of ‘starters’ available to play. It’s going to be quite something to make the bench

If we do get ahead in this game I would like to see Schwartz given a decent run-out. I feel he hasn’t had the opportunity yet to show what he can do in a situation that isn’t desperate. 

Loving this run-in bearing in mind the position we were in a few weeks back with all the other sides having games in hand on us.

• Options
    I doubt Schwartz will even make the bench
  • Options
    I’m not sure if you can be vicariously affected through a forum but feeling strangely Adkins-esque about this one. Not going to be able to watch it due to work but maybe that’s a good thing as we tend to do better when I’m otherwise occupied. 2-0 win.