Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland v Charlton | Sat 10 Apr | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

124»

Comments

• Options
    We won’t win this but imo Sunderland are a lot more likely to be in a higher division than us next season.
    After our 98 play off final win in the following 19 seasons Sunderland had 4 seasons in the 2nd tier of which 3 of them they went up as Champions and 1 was losing play off semi final intermittent with 15 seasons of Premiership football .
    they then had back to back relegations and are now in their 3rd consecutive season of league one 
    they may have lost the play off battles but we got relegated both times straight away after beating them , hopefully we can do what we did after the 99 relegation and bounce straight back but that’s gonna need a miracle run in that I think we’ll full just short of .

Sunderland 2 -1 or 1-1

Copy and paste from another thread alert 😸
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sunderland are on a roll even without fans. Wyke on 22 goals? Wow? Unbelievable. We struggle to create and this match will be tough. 1-0 to Sunderland.
    It's strange how well he's done this season, he was dog poo in the play off final and only managed 5 goals the following season. No fans to get on his back. 

Even more impressively, Wycke has only scored more than one goal in three games. He has 9 goals from those three (2, 3 & 4) and is currently on a 4 game drought.

I wonder if it could be the reason Lyle has struggled this season? No fans to cheer/jeer him on?
    This is a good point. Some players thrive on the crowd even if they are getting jeered. Others get nerved out by it. Sometimes Sunderland's fans do more harm than good as witnessed on the Netflix series.
  • Options
    Not confident today. 2-0 home win.
  • Options
    I’m one of the few who aren’t that fearful of Sunderland. They’re no doubt a good side but come on, they’re not that good. No side in this division is brilliant, it’s just who can grind out the most results and they’ve done that very well.

I wouldn’t change to 5 at the back to combat them, unless we’re looking to play 5 at the back for the rest of the season. This is a great game to use as a test for what the staff have been working on at the training ground. Hopefully we can win, but it’s not the end of the world if we lose. 

Amos

Matthews - Inniss - Pearce - Purrington

Pratley

JFC          Gilbey

Maatsen                          Miller
                            Stockley 

1-1
  • Options
    It shows how poor this league is when carthorses like Charlie Wyke can score so many goals . 

It will be tough but they are not as good at home as away and our away form is good . 

2-1 to The Addicks 
    I thank you ! 
  • Options
    We won’t win this but imo Sunderland are a lot more likely to be in a higher division than us next season.
    After our 98 play off final win in the following 19 seasons Sunderland had 4 seasons in the 2nd tier of which 3 of them they went up as Champions and 1 was losing play off semi final intermittent with 15 seasons of Premiership football .
    they then had back to back relegations and are now in their 3rd consecutive season of league one 
    they may have lost the play off battles but we got relegated both times straight away after beating them , hopefully we can do what we did after the 99 relegation and bounce straight back but that’s gonna need a miracle run in that I think we’ll full just short of .

Sunderland 2 -1 or 1-1

Clueless 
  • Options
    I think we will beat them. 
    I thank you too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gutted to be missing this game but 1-2 to CAFC
     Spot on.
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sunderland are on a roll even without fans. Wyke on 22 goals? Wow? Unbelievable. We struggle to create and this match will be tough. 1-0 to Sunderland.
    It's strange how well he's done this season, he was dog poo in the play off final and only managed 5 goals the following season. No fans to get on his back. 

Even more impressively, Wycke has only scored more than one goal in three games. He has 9 goals from those three (2, 3 & 4) and is currently on a 4 game drought.

I wonder if it could be the reason Lyle has struggled this season? No fans to cheer/jeer him on?.
     5 game drought 
  • Options

Sunderland 2 -1 or 1-1

Clueless 
    Mate just admit it, it's time for you to join us lot that have been in the positive club for the last few weeks ! Awwww go on 🤭 

Time to throw off the shackles of the past shite and buy into TS and Niges positive outlook. I know we ain't used to that but ITS HAPPENING 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Inniss is key. He wins balls in both boxes. Lee Johnson suggested Sunderland's crossing was not up to their usual standards, but you can't cross the ball aerially and not expect Inniss to get his head on it. This has been a weakness of ours not so long ago. The same goes for our crossing, you don't have to worry about shorter crosses that don't beat the first man as Inniss will get his head to higher and deeper balls.

Alongside Inniss, who is a monster, we had Pearce, Stockley, Pratley and Purrington who are no mugs in the air and you can see why set pieces are our friend. When the clock was ticking down to full time, I recall feeling relieved when they won a corner. It takes time to take a corner and I expected us to defend it.