Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022 World Cup qualifiers thread

Comments

• Options
    Sorba Thomas on for Wales. 
  • Options
    Wales keeper is shocking 
    Is it Ward?

not played a league game since 2017 so bit rusty. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Wales keeper is shocking 
    Is it Ward?

not played a league game since 2017 so bit rusty. 
    It was indeed, incredible howler.

The guy has made 15 club appearances in 4 years...........and 17 for Wales.
  • Options
    Cullen starts for Ireland this afternoon in Azerbaijan - Arter on the bench

• Options
    Can someone confirm the UK ko time please?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    5pm for the Ireland game.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Do you know the England game? Everywhere I look says a different time 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scores-fixtures
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Do you know the England game? Everywhere I look says a different time 
    7:45 according to my sky sports app.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So 19:45 UK time? See I don't know if the times update to wherever you're reading it from. Google used to, but that's now saying 19:45.....
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    So 19:45 UK time? See I don't know if the times update to wherever you're reading it from. Google used to, but that's now saying 19:45.....
    Yeah its definitely 7:45pm KO here in England
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Yeah its definitely 7:45pm KO here in England
    Nice one. It's hard to know what one to plan for
  • Options
    Lovely equaliser from McGinn for Scotland, but they concede a second within a couple of minutes. 
    1-2, 41 mins.
  • Options
    Ireland 2 up at HT, both goals from unjabbed Callum Robinson.
  • Options
    Quite enjoyed this Scotland game, which is something I don't think I have said since they played Brazil in '98
  • Options
    Huge win for Scotland who turn it around to win 3-2 with a 94th minute goal. Now a four point gap to Israel in third and only have to win against Moldova and Faroe Islands to qualify for the play off round.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Israel had the upper hand if that had ended a draw. Three games left and Scotland still had to play Denmark. Now the path looks a lot simpler for the Scots.
  • Options
    Lovely goal from Sancho
    0-1 to England.

That'll get Gribbo going  :D
  • Options
    England v Andorra on a Saturday evening
    = the perfect reason to hate International breaks

What a bore.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Jamal Lewis has been sent off in the 36th minute for Northern Ireland

Was a second yellow card and received it for time wasting

• Options
    Ireland 2 up at HT, both goals from unjabbed Callum Robinson.
    Clever move to announce that, the defenders kept their distance as a result  ;)
  • Options
    Washington started for N Ireland
  • Options

Can literally see the referee's face drop when he realises he's already booked him.

In fairness there had been some time wasting before this so I think he was trying to lay a marker down but clearly forgot he'd already given Lewis a yellow.
  • Options

Can literally see the referee's face drop when he realises he's already booked him.

In fairness there had been some time wasting before this so I think he was trying to lay a marker down but clearly forgot he'd already given Lewis a yellow.
    League One and League Two teams would be shitting themselves if that bloke started refereeing in England... Dont really have issue with the booking, wish it happened more often
  • Options
    edited October 2021

League One and League Two teams would be shitting themselves if that bloke started refereeing in England... Dont really have issue with the booking, wish it happened more often
    Agreed. How many times does a goalkeeper get a yellow in or around the 75th/80th minute for time wasting knowing they are unlikely to get a 2nd ?
  • Options

I'm sure I remember once an ex-referee suggesting there should be independent time keeper's in games and being surprised it was never an idea that caught on. Would avoid so many issues with time wasting and end the lottery of how many minutes get added on at the end. I'm sure there was a game this season where a VAR check alone took 3 minutes yet the referee only added on one minute of stoppage time.

It should be clamped down on however I've never got to emotive about it, let's face it every team does it. 

Real shame about the sending off in this game, ruined it as a contest really and it was a must win game for Northern Ireland. I'm sure he wouldn't have sent him off had he remembered the first booking but no consolation to NI.
  • Options

That is outrageous! 
  • Options

Commentators comment is crap that if you are sending someone off it has to be for something serious. 

No mate it is two yellow cards. 

16 seconds is way too long for a throw 

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Commentators comment is crap that if you are sending someone off it has to be for something serious. 

No mate it is two yellow cards. 

16 seconds is way too long for a throw 

I refereed at very amateur level after stopping playing and I always wished I'd done it sooner because it does give you a real eye opener into how difficult a job it is. Always given me a different perspective on things when watching games as I found it difficult enough at amateur level so it must be much more difficult as referee's progress up the ladder.

I always remember one of the trainers on the course saying all pundits should have to do a session on the laws of the game every season and he's absolutely correct because it's incredible some of the stuff they come out with. 

I do think in this specific case the sending off is harsh, you could argue its a yellow but if it was my team on the end of that sending off I'd be pretty fuming. I also think it's pretty clear from his reaction that he brandished the card then suddenly realises he's got to send him off, I'm absolutely sure if he had remembered he was already on a booking before getting his card out he'd not have sent him off.

Reminded me a bit of the Van Persie sending off a few years ago in the champions league when he put the ball in the net a second after being flagged offside and got sent off.