Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coffee.

124»

Comments

• Options
    Never understood a whole cup of black coffee. Just unbearable.

silky flat white with 1 sugar however is bliss. Luckily I’m skilled enough to manipulate the nespresso into making me one. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Where have people been getting their coffee from during lockdown? I've tried Dark Arts, Union, Caravan and Monmouth.

Urban Barrista is good 
  • Options
    James86 said:
    If it’s instant then 2 spoons of coffee. No sugar. Dash of milk. 
    and 14 bags of Mocha Monster Munch.
  • Options
    My coffeemaker. No bitterness, great taste

https://www.aeropress.co.uk/products/aeropress-coffee-maker
    How easy is this to use? I've been curious for a while about these. 
    Really easy. Great if you only want to make yourself a cup. You can make more, but involves using it upside down! There are even world championship aeropress coffee making competitions..
    What wins me over is the taste. Great taste and no bitterness, so quick you’d think impossible. Really do recommend. Easy and fast to clean. Also, the filter papers... you can reuse if you really want. Loads of videos on YouTube.
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Never understood a whole cup of black coffee. Just unbearable.

silky flat white with 1 sugar however is bliss. Luckily I’m skilled enough to manipulate the nespresso into making me one. 
    I used to think the same but I really love it now. Without any extra tastes in the form of milk/sugar etc you get the pure coffee taste and aroma - marvellous.
  • Options
    My coffeemaker. No bitterness, great taste

https://www.aeropress.co.uk/products/aeropress-coffee-maker
    How easy is this to use? I've been curious for a while about these. 
    Really easy. Great if you only want to make yourself a cup. You can make more, but involves using it upside down! There are even world championship aeropress coffee making competitions..
    What wins me over is the taste. Great taste and no bitterness, so quick you’d think impossible. Really do recommend. Easy and fast to clean. Also, the filter papers... you can reuse if you really want. Loads of videos on YouTube.
    Might indulge. Thanks!
  • Options
    Somewhat reluctant Nespresso fan (only in the morning 10.00-12.00).

Had a Gaggia machine which ground the beans and that, kept breaking down. Sod that. Nespresso both deliver and take away the used capsules for recycling. (at least, they do here)

Have tried alternative capsules from other suppliers in Germany, but didn't find any I preferred to Nespresso ones.

However when I visited my buddy in Bulgaria, they have a little Ferrari-red Lavazza pod machine, which was better than any Nespresso. The pods were specific to that machine unfortunately. Don't know, therefore whether its all about the coffee or something clever about the machine. And I certainly have not found the machine on this market.
  • Options
    edited March 2021

Had a Gaggia machine which ground the beans and that, kept breaking down. Sod that. Nespresso both deliver and take away the used capsules for recycling. (at least, they do here)

Have tried alternative capsules from other suppliers in Germany, but didn't find any I preferred to Nespresso ones.

However when I visited my buddy in Bulgaria, they have a little Ferrari-red Lavazza pod machine, which was better than any Nespresso. The pods were specific to that machine unfortunately. Don't know, therefore whether its all about the coffee or something clever about the machine. And I certainly have not found the machine on this market.
    This one? Lavazza Jolie Red Coffee Machine

• Options
    iainment said:

This one?

Yes, I think so. Can check with my buddy if I can get a link. You, or anyone, got one?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:

This one?

Yes, I think so. Can check with my buddy if I can get a link. You, or anyone, got one?

https://www.hartsofstur.com/lavazza-jolie-red-coffee-machine-18000412.html

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Where have people been getting their coffee from during lockdown? I've tried Dark Arts, Union, Caravan and Monmouth.

I have a pact subscription, and their house blend is great. When royal mail have delayed the delivery I've also tried carnival coffee from penge which is good, and free delivery by bike if local (seems most of South London) and my father in law sent me some beans from a Sheffield roaster. Both the carnival and Sheffield ones ended up a bit muddy from my machine, and no amount of fiddling could change that so am sticking with pact.
  • Options
    Kenya AA coffee beans (Waitrose) freshly grounded then cafeteria. Just a dab of milk. 
  • Options
    Coffee supplies and prices likely to be affected by the Suez Canal blockage, so best start stocking up! 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-25/your-instant-coffee-may-soon-be-at-risk-from-suez-blockage
  • Options
    My flatmate got one of these and I love it. I have a pact subscription too so I just bung whatever they sent me in there every morning and I've got my 3 cups ready for the day. Gonna move in June and I'll be getting the timer version of that machine. 
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

We got one of these in our office, thought it was great, until after a couple of week the hard water reduced the flow of hot water to almost nothing, we took it to pieces and found that the tube connecting from the water tank to the heater portion is very fine and clogs up extremely easily. Be careful in hard water area or just use prefiltered water.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    LavAzza Prontissimo Intenso ...

Big mug, 2 spoonfuls of coffee, whole milk and then the water. 

If you pour boiling water directly onto coffee granules, it burns the coffee and gives it a bitter taste 

You’re welcome 😇 

• Options
    A little tip for you coffee lovers.
    If you are looking for a new machine, then I recommend Peter Jones in Sloane Square.
    Go to the basement, they have a display of coffee machines like no other I have ever seen, dozens and dozens of them!
    I never realised there were so many available.
  • Options
    SoundAsa£ said: 
    A little tip for you coffee lovers.
    If you are looking for a new machine, then I recommend Peter Jones in Sloane Square.
    Go to the basement, they have a display of coffee machines like no other I have ever seen, dozens and dozens of them!
    I never realised there were so many available.
    Same as John Lewis in Bluewater, if you are buying a Nesspresso machine they will make you a coffee as well to test the machine of your choice out.
  • Options
    Got myself 3 X 100g for a tenner from Maldon Coffee co, went for the Italian Mahogany blend, Costa Rica and El Salvador for my French press. Exceptional
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have just moved to Deptford and sampled Mission Coffee Works beans, from my new local, for the first time.

The Burundi beans are superb.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Have just moved to Deptford and sampled Mission Coffee Works beans, from my new local, for the first time.

The Burundi beans are superb.
    Nice, sick of sending my money to Hackney and Shoreditch
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Now that is a TUNE
  • Options
    We dragged our Pavoni machine back from Australia to NZ about 25 years ago - still going give or take an occasional leak.  Makes great coffee but absolutely nothing automatic about it.  I lean on the lever to extract the coffee while the better half steadies the machine.