Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coffee.

Comments

• Options
    Made in a stove top coffee maker. But ground either Colombian or more recently urban baristas 
  • Options
    We have a filter coffee maker and an espresso machine in the kitchen. Aeropress for taking on holiday. Get beans delivered each week. We quite like coffee in our house.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Kopi Luwak all day long.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    instant coffee is the work of the devil and no good will come of it.
    Agreed. I can no longer drink the stuff. I only drink one coffee a day nowadays and during lockdown that has been a latte or cappuccino from our Nespresso machine.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Starbucks, Costa etc:  Anxiety in a cup.
  • Options
    I have said this before on here, I try and 'do' coffee for the social aspect and paying 3quid for a bag of green tea in hot water revolts me. I just can't get past how much it tastes similar to the taste of smoking a Rothmans afterwards. My missus is mad for coffee and like a lot of people will not baulk at paying best part of a fiver for a paper cup of something from Costa or Starbucks. I really want to like coffee, I like the effect it has and use it if I need to jolt myself awake but I derive no joy from it 

I've recently started having a bit of milk in Lady Grey tea and it is the perfect morning brew. 
  • Options
    Nespresso virtuo 7.7 oz capsule with 1% milk frothed and cocoa and brown sugar on top.....
  • Options
    Strongish, black, 2 sugars. Hand grind the whole beans and then use a cafetière. Makes me feel more connected lol. A couple of coffees also usually guarantees a good 'clear out', so it's multi-purpose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Strong black no sugar, if instant 2 spoonfuls of coffee.
  • Options
    Nothing worse than coffee snobs, think instant coffee if anything is underrated 
  • Options
    I have a mocha stove top, espresso machine and a chemex at home, french press at work.

If you can find some Yunnan beans, they are definitely worth a try.
  • Options
    Double espresso for me, strong, black and no sugar. I sometimes get tempted by a Cortado which is a double espresso with a dash of milk. 
  • Options
    With whiskey.
  • Options
    Coffee officianados are basically real ale weirdos who can’t handle alcohol. Both look upon me as common scum.

Can of Fosters followed by a milky Gold Blend. Stick that in your frothy presser with ya beans gently rolled by a Bolivian virgin 
    Miles from the truth, well apart from the looking upon you as common scum  ;)

I cannot stand Real Ale & I can certainly handle my alcohol

I have a Nespresso machine where I just place a capsule in it and it does the rest, none of the grinding beans etc.
  • Options
    The coffee stat on my banking app breakdown is absolutely terrifying - I’ve seen that Leon do a £15 a month unlimited coffee per month scheme which I will sign up to tonight! (75 max and can order up to 3 at a time)
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited March 2021
    Black, drop filter coffee. I try to drink the ground coffee within 24 hours of grinding the beans, read that back, what a cnut. 

It does make nice coffee though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Double espresso, no milk, no sugar. 
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Kopi Luwak all day long.

Have you tried it? I have - my recollection is that it was interesting, but not something I'd have again, especially as it was very expensive.
  • Options
    I picked up two bags of coffee beans from the supermarket by mistake and then purchased a coffee grinder because I hate waste.  Belatedly I realised that I should have bought a burr grinder as they apparently grind the beans to a uniform particle size. 

So now I'm left with a grinder that simply smashes the beans to an inconsistent size.  I have attempted to overcome this disadvantage by experimenting with short bursts on the grinder followed by vigorous shaking.  This invariably leads to quite a big clean up operation.  After which I then need to decide how close I've got to the perfect coarse grind for my french press. Truth be known I haven't got a clue.  

I will never go back to instant coffee, but a return to Taylor's ground coffee is on the cards.
    • Extra Coarse Grind (cold brew grind)
    • Coarse Grind (french press grind)
    • Medium-Coarse Grind.
    • Medium Grind.
    • Medium-Fine Grind (pour over grind)
    • Fine Grind (espresso grind)
    • Extra Fine (Turkish Coffee Grind)

• Options
    James86 said:
    If it’s instant then 2 spoons of coffee. No sugar. Dash of milk. 
    If it's instant, I don't drink it.
  • Options
    Where have people been getting their coffee from during lockdown? I've tried Dark Arts, Union, Caravan and Monmouth.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I drink 2 or 3 home made cappuccino's a day. I'm not overly fussed about the beans (I rarely spend more than £6-7/Kilo). I'm also quite partial to frothed oat milk rather than dairy.
    I thought there couldn't be anything worse than cappuccinos (it's cappuccini, like panini and graffiti) but yes, there is.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    If you're serious about coffee there's only one way to take it.

When I went on the website, a little dialog box popped up asking me if I wanted any help. I told them to stick it up their arse. 
    Well, that's different.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Where have people been getting their coffee from during lockdown? I've tried Dark Arts, Union, Caravan and Monmouth.

Bought some from Garage Coffee, it's a local one down my way, do some really nice stuff.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Coffee officianados are basically real ale weirdos who can’t handle alcohol. Both look upon me as common scum.

Can of Fosters followed by a milky Gold Blend. Stick that in your frothy presser with ya beans gently rolled by a Bolivian virgin 
    Sod the coffee and the beer, just bring me the hot Bolivian virgin (female).