Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Thread: Charlton v Shrewsbury | Sat 13 March 2021

Comments

• Options
    The march to the playoffs is on lads!
  • Options
    Just woken up, what was the score?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Talal said:
    Leuth said:
    Talal said:
    Poor team selection for the umpteenth time, how Maatsen keeps getting games is beyond me. Well played Washington. 
    Of all the dross we had out there, you pick on the guy who ran more than anyone else, made several saving tackles, set up Morgan for a clear chance, set up Stockley for a clear chance and got the assist?
    Gave the ball away a ton of times. Yeah he got an assist by making a simple pass, great. Main issue was Pratley/Watson but that's been mentioned enough already. 
    I thought he passed it more accurately than he has been doing. Some nice link play to get us going forward. I guess he has a reputation as someone who gives it away by now though
    I mean it wouldn't be difficult to pass more accurately. The number of times he got in Millar's space. Purrington would work better with Millar. 
  • Options
    Bowyer on VP:

”Pros and cons. First half we started well, should have been leading at HT”
    ”We didn’t do the same second half. Stopped doing the things that caused them problems. We were slow and the tempo stopped”
    ”they got a goal and we had to make changes as we were sluggish”
    ”we became better team again. If Chuks scores we win the game. Conor took his chance well”
    ”but we could have lost the game. Vulnerable on the counter attack”
    ”point better than nothing. Disappointed. But players should be proud of themselves how many games they’re playing. They kept fighting until the end”
    Continued: 

“A lot of them looked tired today. Just the one change unlike when we’ve made 5, 6, 7 changes”
    ”Not just fitness side. Even passing was slow.”
    ”For me I’m disappointed as feel likes it’s 2 points dropped.”
    ”they don’t give away much. Physical side”
    That passing was slow because you had Watson and Pratley in the middle of the park for 61 minutes of the game.

Even the times Morgan drifted into centre the we looked so much better as he looked to move the game forwards. 
  • Options
    First things first this was not a bad performance in fact I think it was better then Tuesday but we came up against a team who were not interested in attacking just trying to stop us .. there tactic was we get one chance we take it then defend and that what they did they worked incredibly hard .... in this sort of game chances are very few so when they come you need to take them .. Stockley first but the miss of the season from Aneke 6 yards out open goal hits the bar .. that’s your chance ... but all credit to us we kept going and Conor brilliant but in trying to win it we have them a couple of chances .. sometimes just accept the point 

Washington, Watson and Pearce again the outstanding players .. but we worked hard and kept trying  

• Options
    Bob Bolder on VP Tuesday 
  • Options
    I keep trying to believe but we are not really looking like we have the potential to get into play offs. Midfield lacking but it was set up with pratley and Watson. Albie out of position. Would rather have Shinnie in the middle but I still don't think we are good enough this season. Another season in the 3rd tier I'm afraid
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was a turgid watch that's for sure. Once Shrewsbury went ahead they were always going to stick 11 behind the ball, as that's how they played before they scored!! We looked knackered after about the first 15 minutes and the second half was woeful. Lucky at the end to get a point, but credit where credit is due....well done Washington it was a good goal and he has now got 10 in an essentially poor side. Not much else to say really other than we cant play Watson and Pratley together again as central midfielders, there is no 'oomph'. We got a point....that's about the only slight positive.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    The result has definitely lead to amnesia.

Was quite optimistic in the first half, just final 1/3 looked poor again.

Given our recent home form im happy. Given I’m hopeful of plays offs in disappointed.

However those crying about potential relegation a mere month ago.. yiu should be over the moon!
  • Options
    Big Bad Bob Bolder is Tuesday's special guest on Custard TV.

Please - either put ko back to 9pm or postpone it ... let Bob have full rein for a few hours.
  • Options
    Dillion Phillips make cock up to give Watford winner in injury time 
  • Options
    Completely uninspiring, and we look to have really stuttered again.

2 points from plays, albeit teams starting to pull away - but the more worrying thing is that teams around us have 2 games in hand! 

How many more times do we have to say these are must wins... 
    we have nothing but cup finals now, something tells me we’re gonna bottle it again and again! 

Poor 

pratley and Watson pathetic, Morgan will rightly be swapped out on Tuesday , and Millar totally ineffective! 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Dare I say, that chance that Chuks missed is exactly the kind of chance that Ronnie Schwartz would thrive on. i'd back him to bang that in.
    Could argue that Schwartz was the right Striker to bring on

Stockley wasnt having success in the air against them, Aneke didnt have any success against them in the reverse fixture (and didnt today) - Washington on the other hand was terrorising them when he got the ball to feet
    I cant be bothered to count but in the pre match thread there were lots of posts from different people saying exactly that and were hoping we would start with washington and schwartz. I'm serious when I say there are quite a few people with slightly more tactical nous than LB it seems. He even said himself that they have big lumps that will just head crosses away all day. Washington had them scrambling running behind but we stick to the slow trusted format of trying to bore the opposition to death
  • Options
    Bowyer saying we looked slow. 
    No shit Sherlock. 
    Change the fucking starting 11 then.
    Wow!!... Cmon seriously?

He gets slaughtered if he makes three / four changes
    Not if he's right and we win the game. 

He's such an average manager. Has an excuse for everything. 

Says he didn't want to change the team but then mentions they're tired and that's why they were rubbish second half. Doesn't a good manager know that before the game? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    Boring game and we were a bit fortunate to get draw. 

Washington did well.

Millar is out of form and maybe would benefit from coming on as a sub against a tiring defence. Thing is....when he plays badly, so do we. 

We missed JFC. 

DJ doesn't look great at the moment. 

I'm sure this lad must have a lot more ability than he has shown so far. 

But at the moment he looks like a kid who has won a competition to play for a few minutes with the first team.

How on earth have we managed to change someone who was a firm favourite at his previous club into someone who looks lost in only a few weeks?
  • Options
    We are just a mid table team in a poor league
    S*** then?!
  • Options
    Bowyer didn't sound too bothered post match, like he's given up for this season. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    @Admin can you open up the Bowyer thread. Ta. 
    Two points off the play-offs.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Boring game and we were a bit fortunate to get draw. 

Washington did well.

Millar is out of form and maybe would benefit from coming on as a sub against a tiring defence. Thing is....when he plays badly, so do we. 

We missed JFC. 

DJ doesn't look great at the moment. 

I'm sure this lad must have a lot more ability than he has shown so far. 

But at the moment he looks like a kid who has won a competition to play for a few minutes with the first team.

How on earth have we managed to change someone who was a firm favourite at his previous club into someone who looks lost in only a few weeks?
    Not an easy thing to do but with the right guidance it can be achieved. A lot of our players have learnt to hide their ability this season. 
  • Options
    When we play badly it's the player's fault. 

When we play well it's to Bowyer's credit. 

Deciding to ignore everything that made us half decent in the past two games once he could get the Pratley/Watson double team back together. 
    Blinkered observations there. Plenty of people happy to say it the other way around too.