Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    For those not happy with Aneke on bench, Bowyer just said Washington is starting because we need the pace behind the defenders. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    We have somehow gone from being overloaded with midfielders to having no attacking mids on the bench. If things are not working out there is little option to change things around. Which is what happened on Tuesday.
  • Options
    For those not happy with Aneke on bench, Bowyer just said Washington is starting because we need the pace behind the defenders. 
    And said in a voice full of enthusiasm. Not. 
  • Options
    Bowyer sounds miserable as hell
  • Options
    Trip down memory lane is becoming the highlight of Saturday afternoons. Very evocative and I loved the premier years. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Pleased with the team and formation.
    How do you know the formation?
    More to the point...do the team...🙄
  • Options
    Really warming to Lisbie. He's obviously got a real soft spot for Charlton like Brown, Nelson and Robinson.

Now if we can just work on Rob Lee.
    In fairness I was watching some of the Upbeat Walks on YouTube earlier, and Robert Lee was on one of them with other ex players
  • Options
    His work rate is probably the best in the team bar Pratley for me - He's the one who puts the Centre Backs under pressure so they rush their passing

When he's not playing I find that teams are able to build from the back a bit easier
  • Options
    Like that both Millar & DJ start but still dont get why Chuks is on the bench. Top goalscorer & we all know we have to score first......and even then we might lose if we don't score a 2nd. I also prefer Matthews to Gunter.

Also why no Morgan. I happened to be watching the play off semis v Doncaster  last night & Morgan set up both our goals at their place with some great passing.  And its Academy day. Sometimes I think Bowyer likes to make statements..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just love this bit. Nice to see Lisbie as he’s my era. 

Would love to see Bent on at some point. 
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Loving the Lisbie memories on today and all of the ex-players that join with Curbs and Scottie. Imagine this pre-show pitchside with a packed Valley. Unbelievable.
    I love Valley Pass, but I also hope the coverage ends once the restrictions are lifted.

Otherwise it will be very hard to get a packed Valley!
  • Options
    I think it was difficult for Lee because his son was playing for the opposition. 
  • Options
    Get the wingers running at them and taking them on and we can do some damage. 
  • Options
    His work rate is probably the best in the team bar Pratley for me - He's the one who puts the Centre Backs under pressure so they rush their passing

When he's not playing I find that teams are able to build from the back a bit easier
    I agree, Aneke just lets them come at us. Bows clearly likes him off the bench anyway. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    LoOkOuT said:
    Loving the Lisbie memories on today and all of the ex-players that join with Curbs and Scottie. Imagine this pre-show pitchside with a packed Valley. Unbelievable.
    I love Valley Pass, but I also hope the coverage ends once the restrictions are lifted.

Speak for yourself!

I'm campaigning to keep it going!
  • Options
    Two wingers, two strikers, 4-4-2. 

Most have to happy to be happy with that, don’t they?
  • Options
    Underestimating opponents is a weakness.
    None of 'em say 'after you Jeeves', they can crush you if you stop paying attention.
    I hope the homework has been done.
  • Options
    Overrun in midfield. Away win.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    LoOkOuT said:

Speak for yourself!

I'm campaigning to keep it going!
    Hopefully at the very worst it will happen for the midweek games where there was no blackout of games in the UK
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy may i ask your win percentage since you've started doing the match threads?   :smile:
    That’s right made me laugh!
  • Options
    Good times return to The Sun Kissed Valley

come on you reds 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Wonder if any of our current players will be back on Valley Pass in 10 years reminiscing about the good times
    It'll probably make them appreciate how good the rest of their career was.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed
  • Options
    Good times return to The Sun Kissed Valley

come on you reds 
    Stadium looks lovely in the Spring sun - wish we could be there
  • Options
    How many of our wonderful Academy players are in today’s squad as we’re pissing about in League One with an Arsenal youth product on the bench 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Two wingers, two strikers, 4-4-2. 

Most have to happy to be happy with that, don’t they?

• Options
    “That’s the end of the good bit, now it’s time to concentrate on the current game”
    Yeah, we used to say that when we left the pub. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!