Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    Loving Thomas's guitar on the Pass :)
  • Options
    Like the side he has picked today.  No excuses. 4-4-2. Go out and win please.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Looks like 4-4-2.
    Amos
    Gunter Oshilaja Famewo Purrington
    Jaiyesimi Shinnie Pratley Millar
    Washington Stockley
    Don't be ridiculous!

I've no doubt LB can line these 11 names up in some sort of visionary 2-2-1-2-2-1 formation. They've had 2 days to practice it so all should go well.   
  • Options
    Chuks!  I mean come on.  Top goalscorer.   Much better to start when two wide players available. 

Close no cigar for me Lee.
    But better.

Where's Albie?
  • Options
    Odds on a Stockley hatrick today 100-1 ... just saying 😁😁
  • Options
    Please start chucks! He scores, he creates but let’s bring him on when we are chasing the game
  • Options
    Like the team but I'm still wary it might not be 442.

I can see why Aneke isn't starting, Stockley has been very good and Washington gives us something different.
  • Options
    Kaikai to score the winner?
  • Options
    Midfield looks light on defensive nous to me. Especially if you also consider that Pratley isn't really a DCM.

• Options
    I don't think Chuks will be signing a new contract. I hope I'm reading it wrong but I get the feeling he is being benched because of the comments Lee made and how he may have responded. Feels like a bit of the Phillips situation again in the sense he isn't happy about something so opting not to play him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Posted on the wrong bloody thread again.

Well nobody saw Washington + Stockley coming. 

I have a feeling Aneke is on the bench after failing to take some criticism well, judging by LB's pre-match conference comments.

Looks like a 4-4-2 with two attacking wingers which is something rarely seen in the modern era. I'd imagine we're going to be putting a lot of balls into the box today.
  • Options
    I don't think Chuks will be signing a new contract. I hope I'm reading it wrong but I get the feeling he is being benched because of the comments Lee made and how he may have responded. Feels like a bit of the Phillips situation again in the sense he isn't happy about something so opting not to play him
    Maybe he questions a manager who says he can't play two games back to back and despite being top goalscorer doesn't start games!
  • Options
    What did Bows say about Chuks? 
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be nice not to concede two or more goals today
  • Options
    Watching Lisbie's goals on the stream, memories come flooding back and send the chill down the spine, if only we had this sort of stuff now.
  • Options
    Personally not convinced that Stockley and Aneke suit each other in a front 2 - think Stockley needs someone more mobile alongside to pick up the knock downs if were going to play it through the middle.  However if we go 442 and use the width properly and get decent balls into the box then maybe that partnership would work. 

We lack a genuine box to boxer in the middle so we really must use the flanks today and put the opposition on the back foot and them close down and deny them space in the middle when out of possession.  Back to basics.

That's me trying to put a positive spin on it when i've been firmly in the Bowyer has lost it camp lately - that lineup doesn't fill me with dread like Tuesday night! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fucking Parker with cornrows!
  • Options
    Wonder if any of our current players will be back on Valley Pass in 10 years reminiscing about the good times
  • Options
    I'm not sure whether watching Lisbies goal against Liverpool is good or not!

Brilliant memories but Lord how far have we fallen!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Wonder if any of our current players will be back on Valley Pass in 10 years reminiscing about the good times
    Ben Watson.
  • Options
    Ooh hope they do get Di Canio on another day. He’d have some great stories. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Ben Watson.
    Brilliant!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!