Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Fleetwood v Charlton | Sat 20 Feb 2021

Comments

• Curbs saying we need to get Ronnie the ball to feet more, compared him slightly to Mendonca actually saying that if you get him in the right positions he'll score
  • edited February 2021
    Oh look, we have already beaten them 2-0...  :D

• Curbs rubbishing all the clowns who claimed we went for 40 points and switched off .... I love that man
    Missed that bit, what was his explanation?
  • I want to hear about the Fat Five  :D
    same here. how did that just get brushed aside?
  • Sponsored links:

• Generally happy with the team seeing there are a couple of enforced changes. Not sure if Maatsen deserves to come back in for Purrington though
  • Junior Quitirna seems to get some goals. Can't find stats, though.
  • Curbs saying we need to get Ronnie the ball to feet more, compared him slightly to Mendonca actually saying that if you get him in the right positions he'll score
    Got a long way to go before you start talking Ronnie in the same breath as Super Clive
  • Curbs and Brown saying ‘we’ every time mention us. Pure bliss! 
    Something Rob Lee found a bit hard to do.
  • Before kick off, a quick word for our players, especially the back five ...

I love Captain Pugwash, one of the great TV programmes from my childhood ... but if I hear that theme tune today I'm going to be mightily pissed off.

Keep that sheet clean!
  • Be a tough game today,. think we'll sneak a 1-0.
  • Chunes said:
    Junior Quitirna seems to get some goals. Can't find stats, though.
    http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/Charlton_Athletic_Under-23s#section_2
  • All present and correct!

Ready for my ritual Saturday brush with expectation, angst, disapointment and abject despondency...  2-1 to the Addicks, Scwartz double.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Curbs rubbishing all the clowns who claimed we went for 40 points and switched off .... I love that man
    he said he tried everything to break in the top 6 and there was never a 40 point target and switch off cos we were too good to be involved in that (relegation) and that he wanted to push on
  • I don't know if I'm feeling more nervous than usual or just extremely hungover 
  • Scoham said:
    Curbs rubbishing all the clowns who claimed we went for 40 points and switched off .... I love that man
    he said he tried everything to break in the top 6 and there was never a 40 point target and switch off cos we were too good to be involved in that (relegation) and that he wanted to push on
    In previous weeks Curbs has talked about the end-of-season capitulations.

He said that they tried something different each year but it always ended the same way regardless. It was the one thing that he could never understand.
  • what a tune! Electric Dreams!
  • It's so windy the ball won't even stay on the spot.
  • Sounds like the opening ceremony of an 80s Olympic Games
  • edited February 2021
    Ball gets blown off the centre spot by the wind before kick off. This could be interesting, and not necessarily in a good way.
  • Looks a bit blowy up there, ball being blown off the centre spot.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!