Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Fleetwood v Charlton | Sat 20 Feb 2021

Comments

• Let's see what Matt Smith has. Find it a bit wierd that's he has been chucked in to start, and feel like Morgan can feel a little hard done by. But excited to see what he can offer none the less. 
    Matt Smith starting, gameplan ....... It's about feeding Rocket Ronnie, innit?

Apart from Pratley playing the assassin role, that's a decent passing team that Bowyer has selected.
    Let's hope we're carrying no passengers today.

And pace and graft on the bench if needed.

• All 5 loanees starting.....whoo hoo  !!

Decent looking team but we've said that countless times this season only to see us let in an early goal & it all going to pot. One day it might be nice to see us play with 2 proper wide men / wingers. 

Who plays with 2 wingers AND 2 center forwards? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    All 5 loanees starting.....whoo hoo  !!

Decent looking team but we've said that countless times this season only to see us let in an early goal & it all going to pot. One day it might be nice to see us play with 2 proper wide men / wingers. 

Charlton, last week? ;)
  • There usual suspects miserable before the game. Just give us a chance and then cry after if we lose please 
  • odds on Famewo getting injured within the first 10 minutes?
  • In the absence of JFC, playing Pratley wasn't ever going to be in question (not that it was anyway), but let's see how he and Smith works as a combination. 

We'll attack down our left, and...Shinnie and Gunter will have to work something out down our right, lol
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Golfie .... in his dreams! :smile:

• Oh Stevie Brown, oh Stevie Brown, oh Stevie Brown gets the pies down  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:

Charlton, last week? ;)
    And look how that ended up :smiley:
  • Would have gone with Purrington over Maatsen but hey ho.

Get your Valley Passes guys and give a bit of backing to the excellent new format. 

Come on you reds 
    Bowyer's watched the tape of Gillingham's winner last week and made a mental note to start Maatsen whenever possible I think. At least the one time he's been completely done for a goal this season, it was while flying to make an initial block, and it was against a player we have now signed, lol
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Charlton, last week? ;)
    And look how that ended up :smiley:
    Yeah because we didnt start with all four :D
  • It looks a decent enough team but another change around if the back 4 means another game starting from scratch in building understanding with each other. I still firmly believe you don’t rotate your defence if you don’t have to, although obviously we’ve all wanted Famewo back so is a difficult one to resist picking him if he is fit.

Mdfield and attack looks balanced. Let’s hope Schwartz really gets going today. 
  • Like the team, hopefully Schwartz can bag one. UTA
  • Ooh, what a strike from Browny!
  • edited February 2021
    Leuth said:
    Would have gone with Purrington over Maatsen but hey ho.

Get your Valley Passes guys and give a bit of backing to the excellent new format. 

Come on you reds 
    Bowyer's watched the tape of Gillingham's winner last week and made a mental note to start Maatsen whenever possible I think. At least the one time he's been completely done for a goal this season, it was while flying to make an initial block, and it was against a player we have now signed, lol
    Well let's hope Maatsen is back rejuvenated and is over his little boy lost act in recent games.

Edit: We know he links well with Millar, so that is a plus, and on form he is a more talented player than Purrington. 
    I love all this pre-match banter between Curbs, Brown and Minto.

It's the best bit of the afternoon and worth £10 on its own!
    And this is the free part 
  • Sponsored links:

• We’ll never have all 5 loanees available then said...
  • edited February 2021
    Chunes said:
    Oh Stevie Brown, oh Stevie Brown, oh Stevie Brown gets the pies down  ;)

And this is the free part 
    In the paid part they do it topless
    Does that make it worth a tenner :/

It's Charlton Gold ... and with Curbs it's comedy gold as well.

When they shew the highlights from the Bradford game earlier, with Browny's long-range piledriver, Scotty asked Curbs if he remembered this game.

Curbs' reply: "No. Although I suppose I should do if Browny scored ..."
  • edited February 2021
    Bowyer: Famewo has come through the two U23 games unscathed so thinks its the right game to play - Conor has been a bit stiff after training so isnt 100% to start, whereas Schwartz is.

Ian needed a little break, hadnt done too much wrong to be dropped yet has looked sharper in training - Bowyer think its going to be a bit like the Northampton game, wind will see the ball in the air a bit so its up to the players to be brave and keep it on the floor
  • LB says it might be like the Northampton game. Oh god. 

Exactly this . Shame the football that follows so often disappoints . 
  • Happy with the team.  I’d have Watson in instead of Smith but that’s only based on 10 mins of nothingness he served up which means fuck all and he has to be better than that .
    We don’t lose in fact we should win 

10% Fleetwood
    60% Charlton
    30% Draw 

yup
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!