Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• We beaten Surrey so many times in recent years we don't even see them as competition
  • I was thinking today that we might have a lot of internationals in our side this season. And then realised that it still wouldn't compare, in that respect, with our winning T20 team of 2007.

That day we had no less than 8 internationals - with the only ones not having played at the highest level being Simon Cook (current Bowling Coach), Matt Walker (current Head Coach) and one of THE unluckiest players never to play for England, of course, Darren Stevens. Only Stevens, Lasith Malinga and Joe Denly from that team are still playing.

I say that but Yasir Arafat is still turning out, I suspect purely for his love of the game, for Roebucks CC in the 5th tier of the Kent League. He currently averages 53.83 with the bat and has bowling figures of 36-12-77-10. 
  • We're going to be getting nosebleeds and not just from the fact we are top. Having barely had 11 for the CC, we've named a squad of 15 for the Somerset game! So who are we going to leave out from this lot:

DBD* 
    Billings 
    Blake 
    Cox
    Crawley
    Denly 
    Gilchrist
    Klaassen 
    Leaning
    Logan
    Milnes 
    Qais Ahmad 
    Robinson
    Stevens 
    Stewart

DBD is remaining as captain as Billings will return to the ODI squad
    Blimey - we've left out Gilchrist, Logan, Blake and Robinson!!! The last named can consider himself exceptionally unlucky
  • It is very tough but the side « needs » 7 bowlers and « drinks » Billings assumedly needs the glove time.
  • Nice to hear from you Grapevine.
  • Tough score to chase.
  • Tough score to chase.
    It’s a small ground - if we bat well it’s achievable 
  • 22-2 off 3
  • See Yorkshire scored 240-4 
  • Need some more heroics from Cox and Leaning again 
  • Sponsored links:

• 73-4

Kent Spitfires need 132 runs to win from 12.0 overs
  • 110-6

Kent Spitfires need 92 runs to win from 6.5 overs
  • 138-8
    Kent Spitfires need 67 runs to win from 4.0 overs

• Don’t think we are going to win this one. 
  • Somerset win by 47 runs
  • We woz CR*P !!!

Although Zak batted pretty well, when I saw the team, I was disappointed to see him & Bilbo included at the first opportunity. What does that say about our Ollie ? Fair enough, his batting has been poor of late but his 'keeping , flawless IMO. 

Billings didn't look great behind the sticks and as for his batting....what's new ? 

Apart from Blakey, whose batting has also been pretty rubbish, I thought it might have been time for Stevo to have a rest but no.

Let's hope those who select the team have a serious rethink & consider their decisions carefully for future matches including tomorrow's at Cardiff. 

Maybe tonight was a wake up call - it would be SO disappointing to throw away such a great start to the competition....

...especially as the Fanackapans have tickets for 3 further T20s ! 
  • Top you say? Only for as long as you had played an extra game. Get back in your box! ;)

And look who are top now.
  • Top you say? Only for as long as you had played an extra game. Get back in your box! ;)

And look who are top now.
    Durham?
  • Another pathetic start.

Denly is absolutely clueless. 
  • Anyone else watching ?

No?

Don't blame you. 

All 3 England  " stars" have lost the plot IMO.

• Sponsored links:

• had forgotten it was on. Was watching Wales, now doubling watching. Hope it brings a change of fortune
  • Pretty ordinary stuff

81-5 off 13
  • Anyone else watching ?

No?

Don't blame you. 

All 3 England  " stars" have lost the plot IMO.

Something isn't right with Denly - he's scored 291 runs in 14 innings in all forms of the game this season. He took a couple of weeks off for "personal reasons" and I can only assume that this has something to do with it. The one thing that is for certain is that he can't be treated any differently from the likes of Blake and Robinson when it comes to selecting the side.
  • edited June 2021
    Nearing the end of the innings. Looking at the score I'm assuming this is T10?
  • In other news Matt Quinn has re-joined us on loan to the end of the season and also signed a three year contract to run from 2022
  • Will do very well to defend 144 but you never know. If we don't get Labuschagne that will be that.
  • There is some hope with this pitch playing as it is. 

22-1 off 4
  • 24-2

Labushagne still in
  • 63/4 in the 11th
  • 65-5

The two big guns, Labushagne and Ingram out