Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Finally, as I'd signed up for Priority Four (?) tickets for T20 matches at Canterbury some weeks ago, the "window" opened at 5pm yesterday ...well, basically creaked open grudgingly with very limited availability ! 

To cut a long story short , I was able to purchase 3 tickets ( The Fanackapans & Addick pal Don)  for Sunday's match v Gloucs , with ko at 6.30pm. 

With the England  v Croatia game starting at 2pm , and remembering a couple of horrendous experiences on the road between Wadhurst & Canterbury over the past few years, I don't want to leave here after the final whistle.

So, does anyone have any suggestions/knowledge of the Canterbury area where we might watch the football & have a bite to eat plus a couple of drinks ? 

Any help would be gratefully received, thanks. 
  • Finally, as I'd signed up for Priority Four (?) tickets for T20 matches at Canterbury some weeks ago, the "window" opened at 5pm yesterday ...well, basically creaked open grudgingly with very limited availability ! 

To cut a long story short , I was able to purchase 3 tickets ( The Fanackapans & Addick pal Don)  for Sunday's match v Gloucs , with ko at 6.30pm. 

With the England  v Croatia game starting at 2pm , and remembering a couple of horrendous experiences on the road between Wadhurst & Canterbury over the past few years, I don't want to leave here after the final whistle.

So, does anyone have any suggestions/knowledge of the Canterbury area where we might watch the football & have a bite to eat plus a couple of drinks ? 

We got tickets  for the Essex game a couple of Sundays afterwards. We did this at about 5.05,  the process was very clunky, and there weren't many options even then. Just a thought, is it worth asking kent if they will show the match at the bar beforehand? It would be a smart commercial move for them, but as they don't seem very adept at maximising commercial opportunities don't bank on it! Good luck with your search

We got tickets  for the Essex game a couple of Sundays afterwards. We did this at about 5.05,  the process was very clunky, and there weren't many options even then. Just a thought, is it worth asking kent if they will show the match at the bar beforehand? It would be a smart commercial move for them, but as they don't seem very adept at maximising commercial opportunities don't bank on it! Good luck with your search
    Hmmm, thanks, PA.

Thinking along those lines, wouldn't it be an idea to show the football on the big screen in the ground ?

Loads more bar & food takings ...

Re the site, agree it was hardly user friendly.

At one point, I had 3 sets of match tickets for different games but once I'd identified the "view seating plan" , I found that for 2 of the 3, Mr F and I were sitting rows apart....Bearing in mind he's likely to drop off at any time, and needs a sharp jab to keep him awake, I cancelled those as there were NO options available to move our allocated seats. 

I'm pretty sure there are several T20s missing from the list of matches with availability so should we expect to receive a further " Priority " email for those which would be after 21st June and hence the possibility of full capacity allowed ? 

Also, guessing there will be a similar scenario once the 50 over matches are on offer. 
  • I managed to get a ticket for Friday and the Sussex game. The Surrey game was gone at that was about 10 past 5 
  • It's between John Shepherd and Asif Iqbal for me
    These two were brilliant.  I remember Asif was in a then record 9th wicket stand of 167 for Pakistan against England at the Oval (?)
    Was entertaining watching Asif batting with Alan Ealham as he ran at least twice as fast! Ealham, who was a great fielder for  his er, physique!
  • Another email received for several games not yet sold out inc Surrey on 2nd July & Sussex on Sunday 18th.

3 of us going to the latter match.
  • Another email received for several games not yet sold out inc Surrey on 2nd July & Sussex on Sunday 18th.

thanks for the tip Fanny

thanks for the tip Fanny
    You're welcome.

Good luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kent have signed left arm spinner James Logan (ex Yorkshire) on a short term deal

https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/logan-signs-on-two-month-deal/
  • edited June 2021
    The all important league table as it stands

-------

I can't help I'm afraid, but most pubs around Bromley are advanced bookings only for England games.

I can't help I'm afraid, but most pubs around Bromley are advanced bookings only for England games.
    Thanks, CE. 

Will probably watch the start before leaving home & listen in during the journey.
  • Where is everyone tonight ??? Watching the semi final of The Great British Sewing Bee ? 

Quite a night ...albeit that the live stream was cut off in its prime with Joe & Deeb thrashing the Hants' bowlers all over the pitch - make that the boundary rope ! 

A message came up on the screen stating "  This video (?) can't be embedded because it may contain content owned by someone else " !!!!! WTF !!! I was fuming !!!!! The commentators started receiving tweets about the situation & seeming as confused as me....no explanation given.

I turned to the BBC's ball by ball commentary in high dudgeon to hear the openers falling by the wayside after their terrific start, followed by a very disappointing show from their team mates apart from our Ollie Robinson. My hopes of a good start to the competition began to plummet...

In came England wannabe J Vince & his Aussie partner, the ballet wannabe Darcy Short , looking worryingly full of confidence as they reached 51 in 6 overs before the first wicket fell to ( fanfare please !) 45 year old Dazza ! And the Hants' demise began.....

8 wickets of the 9 that fell were to catches, with Fred K taking 4 wickets including one c & b. 

So, like Mr Darcey, Hants fell short of the 177 runs required, with our injury hit Spitfires triumphing by 38 runs . 

On Friday, Middx will travel to Canterbury followed by Gloucs on Sunday when the Fanackapans will in the ground. 

Could we start the season with 3 victories in a row ? 

Can't wait !!!!
    I had the Worcs v Notts game on the telebox & the Kent game on my iPad while himself was out kayaking (then caught up with the sewing bee after 😜)

What a cracking start to the Blast!

Fanny, I was looking on Google maps to book pubs for bevvy with mates in T Wells, and thought I'd have a quick check in the Cricket Ground vicinity for you. The Old Gate Inn 162-164 New Dover Road does food and is taking bookings for the England game. I suspect you will drive past it to get to the ground. I'd act quickly - pubs in London were booked for this sunday afternoon weeks ago. if its full try putting the name of the ground in to google maps, then look around for the pub/wine bar icon in the vicinity. When you've found one just google the pub to see if it takes bookings for the game. I couldn't see much in the vicinity of the ground unless you go in to the City. Glad you enjoyed last nights game!
  • Thanks for that, PA.

I messaged The Old Gate Inn but they don't have any screens, sadly. 

Will try a few others in the vicinity though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Enjoyed that last night even though i was on nights and only found out at 5.55am when the Hampshire boys came into work looking glum.
  • Calling it now. 

Kent reach last four of both short formats. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Calling it now. 

That would be great, but did you see Surrey's innings tonight at Lords ? 

Blackpool72 & canters must be wetting themselves ! 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Calling it now. 

That would be great, but did you see Surrey's innings tonight at Lords ? 

Blackpool72 & canters must be wetting themselves ! 
    Middx 108 - 1  after 10.5
  • Now need 86 rom 32 balls.....

They think it's all over ! 
  • That will do
  • That’s not far off the final league table
  • Stewart said:
    That will do
    Certainly will
  • A picture from Friday night