Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Jake Leaning carrying on from Friday night
  • Kent post 183-5

• Kent doing their best to throw this one away at the death
  • Glos need 22 off last two overs with 5 wickets in hand.
  • edited June 2021
    10 from 6 needed
  • edited June 2021
    Yes Klaassen!
  • Won by 5 runs. Just 3 off the final over.
  • Another great win! 
  • Sponsored links:

• 1StevieG said:
    What a great game that was. Just got home after coming back through the country lanes to get back to the M20 and home. 
    Ditto, SG !! Just siting down with a cuppa.

I really thought we were facing our first T20 defeat of the season but the lads managed to turn it around in that final over.

Well done to our newbie, Qais & Fred K for their sterling ( get it ?) work to gain a 3rd win out of 3.

Great performance . Onwards & Upwards !! 
    Was thinking of you when that last over was bowled! What a brilliant day you must have had
  • 1StevieG said:
    What a great game that was. Just got home after coming back through the country lanes to get back to the M20 and home. 

I really thought we were facing our first T20 defeat of the season but the lads managed to turn it around in that final over.

Well done to our newbie, Qais & Fred K for their sterling ( get it ?) work to gain a 3rd win out of 3.

Was thinking of you when that last over was bowled! What a brilliant day you must have had
    Aw, thanks, PA ! 

I started off a tad depressed at 13 -3 , gradually cheered up & finished our innings feeling pretty upbeat.

Then at the start of the Gloucs innings, pretty much doom & gloom , followed by periods of hope, more depression and finally UNBELIEVABLE scenes !!!! I was on my feet once the last ball was bowled ( I don't hold back !)

So pleased to see the comments from other Kentish Addicks tonight. Once restrictions are lifted completely, wouldn't it be great to all meet up at a match ! 

We're back for the match on 28th June & can't wait !!!
  • 1StevieG said:

Aw, thanks, PA ! 

I started off a tad depressed at 13 -3 , gradually cheered up & finished our innings feeling pretty upbeat.

Then at the start of the Gloucs innings, pretty much doom & gloom , followed by periods of hope, more depression and finally UNBELIEVABLE scenes !!!! I was on my feet once the last ball was bowled ( I don't hold back !)

So pleased to see the comments from other Kentish Addicks tonight. Once restrictions are lifted completely, wouldn't it be great to all meet up at a match ! 

We're back for the match on 28th June & can't wait !!!
    That's why T20 can be so great; a rollercoaster of emotions in 40 overs!
  • edited June 2021
    Great to see Kent get 3 out of 3.
    Will never be my favourite form of cricket but if it's brings revenue to the game then it's fine plus folk see a result in a few hours.

Now bring Crawley home and get Matt Henry back to Canterbury Kent not Canterbury New Zealand and the garden of England side will continue to blossom.
  • Excellent start by Kent. It's interesting to note that of six counties in the top three spots of the North and South T20 Groups, only Birmingham Bears/Warwickshire are in the top half of their County Championship groups. 
  • edited June 2021
    I was side on to the stumps that got destroyed in the final over by Klassen. Couldn’t work out what happened with the last wicket though. It looked like Robinson had thrown the ball down mid air to take the stumping but it was just a regulation run out ( ;)  ) as the batter came back. Steeevo’s sublime 6 and then Jack Leaning peppering the boundary for fun. What a game, what a finish.
  • 1StevieG said:
    I was side on to the stumps that got destroyed in the final over by Klassen. Couldn’t work out what happened with the last wicket though. It looked like Robinson had thrown the ball down mid air to take the stumping but it was just a regulation run out ( ;)  ) as the batter came back. Steeevo’s sublime 6 and then Jack Leaning peppering the boundary for fun. What a game, what a finish.
    Were you on the south or north side of the ground, SG ?
  • I stood with Jordan's dad on Saturday and he was well chuffed about Friday night.  Jordan's birthday too, and he had a few that night apparently!
  • Sponsored links:

• Website showing some tickets still available for next Sunday's match v Essex if anyone's interested.
  • Website showing some tickets still available for next Sunday's match v Essex if anyone's interested.
    Come on Kent !!!!

We have tickets, but the forecast is showers....

• 1StevieG said:
    I was on the opposite side to the retirement homes 
  • I'm at the Essex game. 2.30pm start as well 
  • 1StevieG said:
    1StevieG said:
    Ah, thanks.

We are always on the opposite side.
  • 1StevieG said:
    1StevieG said:
    Ah, thanks.

We are always on the opposite side.

• We're going to be getting nosebleeds and not just from the fact we are top. Having barely had 11 for the CC, we've named a squad of 15 for the Somerset game! So who are we going to leave out from this lot:

DBD* 
    Billings 
    Blake 
    Cox
    Crawley
    Denly 
    Gilchrist
    Klaassen 
    Leaning
    Logan
    Milnes 
    Qais Ahmad 
    Robinson
    Stevens 
    Stewart

DBD is remaining as captain as Billings will return to the ODI squad
  • Top you say? Only for as long as you had played an extra game. Get back in your box! ;)