Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Messi’s contract

Comments

• Options
    This should be shown to every Referee in the land

So when a player falls to the floor, due to a shirt pull, they can be told to fuck off and booked
  • Options
    We should get him as part of the consortium, give him 20% of the club but he has to play for 2 years  :D
  • Options
    Just scored a free kick winner in the 94th minute of his debut
  • Options
    Pretty sure he went to celebrate the goal with his kids, this is why I love the man 
  • Options
    You know what's coming, but you just can't stop it. Feel blessed to of watched him live against spurs. Will not see a player dominate a game like that ever again. 
  • Options
    Two goals and an assist in a 4-0 win over Atlanta this evening.
  • Options
    Two goals and an assist in a 4-0 win over Atlanta this evening.
    He got lucky.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    He’s making the competition look silly…

Seven goals in three starts and one sub appearance.

Miami were losing 4-2 in Dallas with ten minutes left, Messi involved twice to bring it back to 4-4 - the second time with a gorgeous free kick.

Messi’s men end up winning 5-3 on penalties.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just so good. We've seen him score a goal like that first one probably 50 times for Barcelona, he always manages to lose his man, arrive late and find the space.
  • Options
    Did he go there a season too early?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Miami into the final after beating Philadelphia away 4-1 - Messi gets another goal as well. 

An impressive result, Philadelphia are one of the best teams in the country in recent times.
  • Options
    Pub league
  • Options
    About League One level tbh, imagine Messi playing against our defence, or Darren Pratley....
  • Options
    Keepers are shite in MLS, and they signed Martinez to play up top with him who's probably the best striker consistently in the MLS in recent seasons, so no wonder they're now winning everything 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    it's hard not to argue the keeper should've done a lot better. No obstruction, far out, pedestrian speed and a savable height. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it's hard not to argue the keeper should've done a lot better. No obstruction, far out, pedestrian speed and a savable height. 
    Goalkeeper makes Thurham look world class.
  • Options
    Pub league
    About League One level tbh, imagine Messi playing against our defence, or Darren Pratley....
    Genuine question 

How many MLS games(not highlights) games do you both watch 

Behind League 1, MLS is the league i watch most and all I see on twitter is MLS is a pub league, its terrible from people who never actually watch it.

I have been watching MLS since BWP and Lloyd Sam moved other there and it has improved massively from when I started watching it.

Now I'm not saying its fantastic but if you watch say a Premier League weekend you will see mistakes from goalkeepers or defenders as well its just part of football happens in every league across the world.

MLS is better than League 1 standard IMO and probably on par with higher championship the top teams could probably compete with bottom quarter of Premier League(I'm talking teams like Philadelphia Union could match Everton)

But people that just see handpicked clips and automatically go oh MLS is a terrible league, my sunday league team could beat them without watching a game gets to me.

I say to people all the time actually watch a game the standard is better than you think.

Genuinely don't think i would go into any game thinking Charlton would beat any MLS team(even teams that where terrible at one point Cinnci as an example appalling until Jaap Stam but look incredible this season)
    It's a weird league because you've got such a range of standards in the league, Messi, people like Chiellini who were class but are 38, 39, down to someone like Egbo playing over there who is probably (as proven) L2 standard.

I don't think MLS teams would be top half Championship let alone lower PL, but just my opinion.

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Btw that pub league keeper that Messi beat from 30+ yards is the Jamaican #1, 68 international caps.

Mostly in agreement with Paulie here, I think the best MLS teams compete well in the top half of the Championship. The worst are probably League 1/League 2 yo-yo clubs.
  • Options
    Pub league
    Genuine question 

Behind League 1, MLS is the league i watch most and all I see on twitter is MLS is a pub league, its terrible from people who never actually watch it.

I have been watching MLS since BWP and Lloyd Sam moved other there and it has improved massively from when I started watching it.

Now I'm not saying its fantastic but if you watch say a Premier League weekend you will see mistakes from goalkeepers or defenders as well its just part of football happens in every league across the world.

MLS is better than League 1 standard IMO and probably on par with higher championship the top teams could probably compete with bottom quarter of Premier League(I'm talking teams like Philadelphia Union could match Everton)

But people that just see handpicked clips and automatically go oh MLS is a terrible league, my sunday league team could beat them without watching a game gets to me.

I say to people all the time actually watch a game the standard is better than you think.

Genuinely don't think i would go into any game thinking Charlton would beat any MLS team(even teams that where terrible at one point Cinnci as an example appalling until Jaap Stam but look incredible this season)
    I would put it on par with the Saudi league. 

Players are there to retire or get a paycheck. There are no top tier 1 players playing in the MLS. The top players in the MLS are either hoovered up from South America or middling Tier 1 European players looking for a paycheck. 

In my mind Messi is retired and if he chooses to get a paycheck scoring 200 goals against American goalkeepers, it's akin to Mayweather doing his exhibition bouts over the previous few years. 
  • Options
    Pub league
    Genuine question 

It's a weird league because you've got such a range of standards in the league, Messi, people like Chiellini who were class but are 38, 39, down to someone like Egbo playing over there who is probably (as proven) L2 standard.

I don't think MLS teams would be top half Championship let alone lower PL, but just my opinion.

I think this is proven in the disparity in salaries. Take Miami for example, you have the likes of Messi, Busquets and Alba on god knows what, Martinez on $4m a year, and then you have some squad players earning around $70-80k a year.

Whilst most teams obviously don't have players of their calibre, all sides do have the disparity where some players will be on millions and others are earning about $1500 a week.
  • Options
    Btw that pub league keeper that Messi beat from 30+ yards is the Jamaican #1, 68 international caps.

Mostly in agreement with Paulie here, I think the best MLS teams compete well in the top half of the Championship. The worst are probably League 1/League 2 yo-yo clubs.

Yeah there's some teams like the Rapids that would be middle of League 1 at best - I know they've got the likes of Jack Price and Sam Nicholson who would only be decent L1 players. The likes of the Union/ Nashville/ Cincinnati/LAFC would be very competitive in the championship , if probably found out by a lack of squad depth from the salary cap. 
  • Options
    We do not see many Americans over here.  I wonder why.
  • Options
    Pub league
    Genuine question 

Players are there to retire or get a paycheck. There are no top tier 1 players playing in the MLS. The top players in the MLS are either hoovered up from South America or middling Tier 1 European players looking for a paycheck. 

In my mind Messi is retired and if he chooses to get a paycheck scoring 200 goals against American goalkeepers, it's akin to Mayweather doing his exhibition bouts over the previous few years. 
    He’s earned the right to go and play wherever he wants, he has nothing left to prove to anybody at this point.

Miami is also a convenient one for he and his family, for a number of reasons. 

As for the quality of MLS - it’s often spoken about how gruelling the schedule is and the level of cardio required to keep up a full season is often forgotten. They’re playing across different time zones, in a range of climates. 

It’s not on the level of any of the major European leagues, but calling it a pub league is laughable. 

Were you not trying to throw weird criticisms at Messi frequently even when he was carrying his country to the World Cup last Winter? It comes across that you have quite a dislike for him, not sure why. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Pub league
    Genuine question 

He’s earned the right to go and play wherever he wants, he has nothing left to prove to anybody at this point.

Miami is also a convenient one for he and his family, for a number of reasons. 

As for the quality of MLS - it’s often spoken about how gruelling the schedule is and the level of cardio required to keep up a full season is often forgotten. They’re playing across different time zones, in a range of climates. 

It’s not on the level of any of the major European leagues, but calling it a pub league is laughable. 

Were you not trying to throw weird criticisms at Messi frequently even when he was carrying his country to the World Cup last Winter? It comes across that you have quite a dislike for him, not sure why. 
    Okay not pub league but novelty league yes.