Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Charlton v Accrington | Fri 8 Jan 2021

Comments

• Todays footballers unable to play 2 games in 4 days should not have been signed to begin with.

Gone are the days of true workmen like footballers.
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Had a feeling I was right about the suspension and the cut off, but was giving you all the benefit of the doubt that I was wrong.

The cut off would normally be a specific date in the season, but it states this season after 19 and then 37 league games.

Whether you have played that amount or not is irrelevant. Other clubs have and you can’t help postponements throughout a season.

The cut off was Boxing Day, which was the 19th scheduled league game of the season.

Gilbey therefore, is not suspended.

Happy days.
    Gilbey playing is not "Happy days". 
    Let’s see shall we, sense a bit of humble pie being served tonight.
    If anyone gets more than a 5 there will be humble pie by someone because everyone is shit according to someone.  We must have the worst team ever to be 6th in the league in January :wink:

I'll hold judgement on how we line up and what intent we show before I start moaning, but the players being "shit" isn't true or the reason we are stuttering. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Gilbey obviously isn't suspended! 
    I was convinced Forster caskey got booked last week so was surprised when it was said gilbey was suspended 
    The BBC web site says it was Forster Caskey got booked and not Gilbey. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    No idea how Gilbey is playing, can only assume it's a technicality and the rule relates to Gameweek 19 and not the clubs 19th game. 
    Probably playing due to the fact he wasn't booked on Saturday? 
    He was. 
    He wasn't 
  • edited January 2021
  • John Coleman is like an exaggerated stereotype of a football manager. 
  • edited January 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    No idea how Gilbey is playing, can only assume it's a technicality and the rule relates to Gameweek 19 and not the clubs 19th game. 
    He was. 
    My sources tell me it was Jake Forster-Caskey who received a booking in the 78th minute, not Alex Gilbey.
    Well if it was in fact JFC that's a surprise as every source got it wrong on the night, unless we had it overturned to the right player since that day. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    He was. 
    He wasn't 
    OHHH YES HE WAS ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    Sky... No positive tests for Charlton Athletic - Oh yes we have!!
  • OK, what happens when you have purchased a Valley Pass, redeemed your code ahead of time to make sure it works, then get a message saying "This content is only available in certain countries"?

• What I love about Liverpool @Cafc43v3r is the fact that Klopp has bemoaned everything under the sun for his lack of players to choose from

He knew Villa were playing with their kids but has still gone for a very strong squad!!
  • Pedro45 said:
    OK, what happens when you have purchased a Valley Pass, redeemed your code ahead of time to make sure it works, then get a message saying "This content is only available in certain countries"?
    You need to use a VPN as you're not abroad or you're in a country that isn't showing the game and will want to use one or claim a refund. 
  • Thats the age of the players we just have to wait for the names
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I was convinced Forster caskey got booked last week so was surprised when it was said gilbey was suspended 
    Gilbey definitely got his fifth booking last week: https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=66101

(Both him and Forster-Caskey did actually)

It must have been the game before that they had to avoid getting booked in, makes Aneke's against Plymouth even more frustrating!!
    He can't have done, otherwise he'd be suspended tonight (having been booked 4 times prior to last Saturday) 
    Bookings reset after the Hull game I believe (so other posters have said). Probably now 10 bookings by the end of the season. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Pedro45 said:
    OK, what happens when you have purchased a Valley Pass, redeemed your code ahead of time to make sure it works, then get a message saying "This content is only available in certain countries"?
    You need to use a VPN as you're not abroad or you're in a country that isn't showing the game and will want to use one or claim a refund. 
    But Charlton sent me the code to use and I used Charlton Cash to pay for it!!!
  • EFL broadcast deal with beinsports:

kiss my arse!
  • 4-0 Charlton.

Anneke, Maddison and Williams....haven't seen a better bench for years.

Come on Charlton!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gilbey definitely got his fifth booking last week: https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=66101

(Both him and Forster-Caskey did actually)

It must have been the game before that they had to avoid getting booked in, makes Aneke's against Plymouth even more frustrating!!
    He can't have done, otherwise he'd be suspended tonight (having been booked 4 times prior to last Saturday) 
    Bookings reset after the Hull game I believe (so other posters have said). Probably now 10 bookings by the end of the season. 
    Its usually 10-bookings by March: 2 game ban

Then

15-bookings before the end of the season: 3 game ban
  • Sick of Bowyer and his negative line ups, wtf is he playing at?
  • 4-0 Charlton.

Anneke, Maddison and Williams....haven't seen a better bench for years.

Come on Charlton!
    They ain't much use on the bench !
  • any chance for those who don't have sky to get a stream?
    https://www.viprow.me/sports-football-online
    https://www.stream2watch.is/charlton-accrington-stanley

Try one of those... Make sure you have a pop up blocker though!!

Tried both of those - first required a sign up which led to a page which wouldn't load...the second one wants bank details which is an absolute no-no.  Dodgy AF.  Virus city.

So, the match thread it is.....

Bigstemarra
    PMed you - with updated link
  • Pedro45 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Pedro45 said:
    But Charlton sent me the code to use and I used Charlton Cash to pay for it!!!
    Ah Season Ticket holder? Not sure what your option is other than a VPN to a valid country. 
  • Great to have Bumble on the coverage 
  • Ref: You're booked. What's your name?
    Gilbey: Dylan Levitt
    Ref: He's not on the field
    Gilbey: Ok, Jake Forster-Caskey
    Always my biggest fear as a Sunday league manager when playing an Asian ringer!
  • tonight is the night we get our Charlton back.
    It never went away....
    Well i might have to disagree with that statement.

But tonight is the brightest moment for sometime that inregards a win and 3 more points for Charlton.
  • Bowyer must really hate Maddison if Smyth returning from injury and a Liverpool kid who's hardly played are getting starts ahead of him.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!