Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Charlton v Accrington | Fri 8 Jan 2021

Comments

• edited January 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    No idea how Gilbey is playing, can only assume it's a technicality and the rule relates to Gameweek 19 and not the clubs 19th game. 
    Probably playing due to the fact he wasn't booked on Saturday? 
    Three websites claim he was...
  • I think we will have to see how the game goes but I think MM may as well put a transfer request in Lee obviously doesnt rate him. No way he shouldn't expect to start in this team 
  • Positives - players (hopefully) in their right positions so no square pegs in round holes.

Negatives - all out best players are sitting on the bench. Might watch Married At First Sight (Australia) and watch from 9pm as only from then onwards will we be any good or threatening.

(What's the point of having fast players setting up the chances when you have no bugger in front of goal to finish them off ffs  !!)

• Sage said:
    Had a feeling I was right about the suspension and the cut off, but was giving you all the benefit of the doubt that I was wrong.

The cut off would normally be a specific date in the season, but it states this season after 19 and then 37 league games.

Whether you have played that amount or not is irrelevant. Other clubs have and you can’t help postponements throughout a season.

The cut off was Boxing Day, which was the 19th scheduled league game of the season.

Gilbey therefore, is not suspended.

Happy days.
    Gilbey playing is not "Happy days". 
  • Decent side other than no Maddison, players in the correct positions is a good start. 

A point wouldn’t be a bad result usually but given the poor run we need to go for a win and hopefully it’s a 4-3-3.
  • NO BLOODY MADDISON.

FFS - not happy.
  • edited January 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gilbey obviously isn't suspended! 
    I was convinced Forster caskey got booked last week so was surprised when it was said gilbey was suspended 
    Gilbey definitely got his fifth booking last week: https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=66101

(Both him and Forster-Caskey did actually)

It must have been the game before that they had to avoid getting booked in, makes Aneke's against Plymouth even more frustrating!!
    He can't have done, otherwise he'd be suspended tonight (having been booked 4 times prior to last Saturday) 
  • An ultra cautious set up for Accrington f****** Stanley!

What has happened to this club?
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    No idea how Gilbey is playing, can only assume it's a technicality and the rule relates to Gameweek 19 and not the clubs 19th game. 
    Three websites claim he was...

It appears that the official twitter and AP got it wrong, unless Gilbey was booked for a foul made by JFC? 

The Google news, not sure where they get their feed from gave the yellow to JFC.

• An ultra cautious set up for Accrington f****** Stanley!

What has happened to this club?
    That’ll be the team two points behind us with three games in hand?
  • I like to think I'm quite patient around selection and trust in Lord bowyer etc. Etc. Etc. 

But even I am starting to get fucked off with this. Why can't we just see one of Jonny or Madds from the start. Try it once it might fucking work. 

He will go and prove me wrong now and we will smash them.
  • Bowyer grow a pair or fuck off 

This starting 11 is utter bollox 
  • Jesus the bedwetting on match threads seems to get earlier and earlier it used take before we went at least 1 down!
  • We have pace up top so lets see what the game brings.
  • Ten quid to watch the first eleven. 

Twenty quid to watch the bench play three a side at half time.

Whatever the final result that is a defeatist selection. Pathetic.  
    Imagine writing that while criticising Bowyer for being defeatist before the match has even started and not exploding into a million pieces of irony confetti.
  • Sponsored links:

• The big difference I notice is height they some big units in their team, whereas our starting 11 relativity small, set pieces should be interesting!
  • AndyG said:
    I think we will have to see how the game goes but I think MM may as well put a transfer request in Lee obviously doesnt rate him. No way he shouldn't expect to start in this team 
    Isn’t it possible that Maddison, Aneke and Williams who are unable to play consecutive games (actually, they can’t even play one full game) might be being preserved for Tuesdays match?

Lets not go crazy, this is a season where we will need to make use of our squad and two matches in four days means that we need to be sensible. 
  • any chance for those who don't have sky to get a stream?
    https://www.viprow.me/sports-football-online
    https://www.stream2watch.is/charlton-accrington-stanley

Try one of those... Make sure you have a pop up blocker though!!

Tried both of those - first required a sign up which led to a page which wouldn't load...the second one wants bank details which is an absolute no-no.  Dodgy AF.  Virus city.

So, the match thread it is.....
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    He was. 
  • Would have liked to have seen Maddison start. But at least we've got attacking options on the bench. COYR
  • We must be the best team in league 1 if we can leave williams and Maddison out but must admit the team looks exciting
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    He was. 
    My sources tell me it was Jake Forster-Caskey who received a booking in the 78th minute, not Alex Gilbey.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!