Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Charlton v Accrington | Fri 8 Jan 2021

Comments

• Pearce and Oshilaja needed to be more urgent there. 

Unlucky Gilbey, exactly where I said. On the PK spot. 
  • edited January 2021
    Defenders playing in wrong positions - concede shite goals
    Defenders playing in correct positions - concede shite goals

Nothing changes ...
    Maybe players out of position is a weak argument and its always been the players themselves that the focus should have been on rather than the Manager of late!!

EVERY goal we've conceded of late has been down to weak individuals making the sort of errors they shouldnt be making at this level
  • Cut out the individual mistakes now lads... CMON!!! 
    This is absolutely killing every game for us at the moment. 
  • Stage is set for For the Honourable Gentleman with Portfolio for Goals now then.
  • One of Gilbey ,Morgan or Forster Caskey need to get a fucking grip of this midfield.

It is a shambles
    Agree, apart from the JFC shot the game has completely passed the midfield by here
  • Still think we'll win
  • Dizzle said:
    Really not a fan of Pearce. For a team hoping to push for promotion, he is not the answer. Absolutely crazy how much we miss Innis and Famewo
    It's not only are they better than anyone else who has played there we haven't played Pratley and Watson in front of any other pair either 
  • Was he scared to head the bloody goalkick. 

Good old favourites.
  • Sponsored links:

• Least we have been palatable to watch today. One worry is I can just can't really see us scoring unless we get the ball into our striker more. 
  • He was lucky to not give away a penalty earlier too. Carthorse Pearce?
    He most certainly is a carthorse.The sooner we get Inniss, Famewo / somebody else in the team the better. 
  • We’ve looked so much positive, and an attacking threat every time we attack.
    oshilaja looks solid, but maatsen looking very suspect a lot of the time! 

Playing one striker upfront just isn’t working however, and every time we attack it’s coming via Washington who is therefore out of that strikers position! 2 needed upfront 

Millar looks a real threat, and someone who would do well in a 442

game has passed Morgan by a little, and Gilbey with jfc doing the nitty gritty in front of defence! 

As usual however, it’s the silly mistakes that do us problems - and our constant desire to play it out from the back inviting that unwanted pressure
  • We badly need Chuks in the middle, no height to complete with their centre backs
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Pearce and Oshilaja needed to be more urgent there. 

Unlucky Gilbey, exactly where I said. On the PK spot. 
    Are you talking about the goal? What’s that got to do with Oshilaja? 
  • Valley11 said:
    Washington’s a good player. deserves a big man next to him. 
    Agreed but I think Smyth is having a better game so far
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Waiting for @golfaddick
    No need to say it. We all know it by now 
  • That Bishop looks like a decent player 
  • Gilbey really offers nothing doesnt he?
  • Sponsored links:

• He was lucky to not give away a penalty earlier too. Carthorse Pearce?
    If only we'd kept Naby
  • If I was Bowyer, I’d whip off Smyth, Washington and Gilbey at half time and bring on Maddison, Aneke and Schwartz 
  • See Accrington are still the whinging twats they were the last time we played them
  • Of only we had a Williams or a Maddison or an Aneke..things would be very different 
  • Gilbey should score there 
  • Gilbey really offers nothing doesnt he?
    One of the worst players I have seen at Charlton. 
  • Baffling team selection...do we have anyone up front over 5’7”?
  • Stop fucking fouling them... Do you think we'll get free kicks if Williams comes on... Of course not as they'll be smart about it

Not that the set pieces will matter today as the Accrington players are giants
  • Accringtons passing is very good.
    What is it about this team that thinks it can swing out to Right time and time again for deliver poor balls in or good balls (sometimes) and no-one there!!
    And ... What has Maddison done wrong? Lets see him on with Millar!
  • Don't look like scoring, look like conceding. Never a good sign. As Gilbey nearly scores!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!