Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Charlton v Accrington | Fri 8 Jan 2021

Comments

• Good game this so far. 
  • Now down the other end Accrington shoot wide
  • Anyone claiming that Maatsen isn't a left back or can't defend, I give you this game so far 
  • Redhenry said:
    Loving Millar and why hasn’t Smyth been starting before?
    Smyth has been but only just back from a month long injury he suffered against Ipswich 
  • Legends at passing around the back us
  • Redhenry said:
    Loving Millar and why hasn’t Smyth been starting before?
    He was injured for a month. Only returned to the squad recently.

• Was that Morgan who nearly freed up Washington there?
  • That Pritchard is a player and a half 
  • Gilbey just letting a CB set off past him
  • Enjoying this game so far. Cant see this pace keeping up
  • Sponsored links:

• Also this system suits Smyth more than 442 or diamond 
  • Millar looks very good! 
  • That Pritchard is a player and a half 
    Is he 9 foot tall?
  • Leuth said:
    Anyone claiming that Maatsen isn't a left back or can't defend, I give you this game so far 
    Who was saying he can't defend? With our recent lack of pace I'd be persuaded it'd be better to play him on the wing with Purrington behind, but with the arrival of Millar it looks like that no longer applies
  • Millar looks class. Maatsen having a good game at LB! 

Need to get the ball into Washington’s feet.
  • Stanley are looking the more likely to score at the minute but it’s a good game. Millar has impressed 
  • I really don’t understand what Gilbey offers when we have so many better midfield players on the bench 
  • mendonca said:
    Legends at passing around the back us
    I don't think we've really done it today. This is probably one of the only games this season where I'd say we've actually looked continuously positive when we have had the ball. 

Perhaps sacrificed for a bit of defensive solidness. 
  • Why oh why do we insist on playing short from Amos to our fullbacks who are constantly under pressure and have to punt it long anyway?!
  • Albies got to get in the game,its passing him by a bit
  • Sponsored links:

• Millar has looked good, but they look less capable of dealing with Smyth down the right. Should bring him into the game more 
  • Millar to Maatsen on the overlap but an Accrington defender cuts it out. Not sure what Gunter was doing with that throw though.
  • Morgan and Gilbey need to up their effort ab out 20pc.
  • didn’t realise Morgan was playing until 5 mins ago. Lacks impact 
  • This is set up for Ronnie boy. Need a presence up there with Washington. Second half 
  • Millar's style of play reminds me of Jerome Thomas. 
  • Golfie would love being an Accrington fan. Not afraid to have a pop from distance 
  • Bloody hell, that was close
  • Nice combination between Maatsen and Washington but I'm not sure whether Maatsen was then trying to cross or shoot, but it was easily dealt with.
  • Need a striker around the penalty spot, ball has dropped there several times. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!