Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crisps (and similar snacks)

Comments

• I'm an incurable crispophile...
    Marmite crisps
    Ready salted Kettle Chips
    Tavern cheese and onion crisps... in a busy London pub!
    And from the past Burton's Potato Puffs were pure nibbles heaven!
  • Crisps have always been my downfall and I'm quite a crispaholic.

Marks and Spencer Beef and Onion are my favourites although they don't taste as good as they did many years ago.  I also like Walkers Sensations Roast Chicken & Thyme flavour.

Cheese Wotsits, Skips and Quavers are also my favourites and in fact I can't think of any crisps/snacks I don't like.
  • Regular crisps:
    1. Smokey Bacon
    2. Salt & Vinegar (from a proper blue packet)
    3. Cheese & Onion (from a proper green packet)

Related Snacks:
    1. Wheat Crunchies
    2. Hula Hoops
    3. Pop Chips
  • Pint of lager, packet of crisps and a table to sit around with a couple of mates to talk shit and put the world to rights. 

I fucking miss it
    Yes, get a few different flavours, open them up in the middle and mix and match. Salt and Vinegar with Cheese and Onion is a nice combination. 
    Come up on my Facebook memories before Xmas of a pic of late night nibbles on a night out. 11 bags of crisps and 8 bags of nuts. Christ I miss a night out!

Love a relaxed evening in a pub having a chat over a pint and a packet of crisps or two torn open so people can just nibble away at them.

Zoom isn't the same.
  • Do nuts qualify on this thread? 

Whilst I am a crisp fan my fave are honey roasted cashews or cobnuts 
  • Cashews are head and shoulders above any other nut.
  • prawn crackers are my weakness
  • Walkers Max Punchy Paprika and Seabrooks Worcestershire Sauce are favs of mine.  
  • edited January 2021
    Wow, you lot are making me salivate and I've just finished my lunch. 
    Due to weight concerns I limit crisps to summer picnics and Christmas.
    Today, I finished the last scraps of these crisps from Brittany. You lot would love them. Goats cheese and Espelette hot peppers. Never have I eaten crisps with such an absurdly strong cheesy flavour. 
  • edited January 2021
    Pickled Onion Monster Munch.
    Rib n Saucy Nic Nac's.
    Cheese and Onion X 2 (Mrs Halix's favourite + Pringles)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    Rarely dabble but favourites are:

Cheese and sour cream McCoy’s / Pringles.
    BBQ hula hoops
    mini cheddars
    Chicken and Tyne cooked crisp Tesco finest.

More relevant point is how few you get in some packs these days.

• Brannigans Roast Beef n Mustard
    Cheese n Onion Discos

The rest are all imposters.....but I'll generally try anything other than Prawn Cocktail flavour.

The king of sandwiches is white bread, strong cheddar cheese, cheese n onion Discos with salad cream.

• Pint of lager, packet of crisps and a table to sit around with a couple of mates to talk shit and put the world to rights. 

I fucking miss it
    Yes, get a few different flavours, open them up in the middle and mix and match. Salt and Vinegar with Cheese and Onion is a nice combination. 
    Come up on my Facebook memories before Xmas of a pic of late night nibbles on a night out. 11 bags of crisps and 8 bags of nuts. Christ I miss a night out!

Going out to eat crisps. Rock and roll 😂
  • edited January 2021
    To echo an earlier comment and noting how no one has mentioned them, does anyone really like Pringles? To me they arent crisps, they are too soft, overflavoured and sickly. And overpriced! So how do they do so well if by our standards and research they ain't much cop!

The previous owners of Pringles, Proctor & Gamble, argued in court that Pringles werent wholly or mainly made of "potato, potato flour or potato starch". Potato accounted for around 40% of the ingredients.

If that's the case then you have to ask, what the fuck are they made of then?

Oil seemed to be the answer they wanted, although they lost the case. Great marketing that wouldve been - "buy Pringles, the oil based snack"!
  • Walkers Sensation Thai Chilli are my favourite. I keep trying alternatives but haven't found anything to compare yet.
  • T-Bone Steak Royston’s. By far my favourite. Ahead of Ham and Mustard Brannigan’s. 
  • Crispy James had had over 20 bags since this thread started :-)
  • Crisps are my downfall, I can take or leave chocolate, I eat far too many sometimes, tubes of Pringles or supermarket versions of, large bags of family sized bacon or cheese bites etc, can get through 3-4 of them a week, but i do like a simple pack of cheese bakes/biscuits as well 
  • Crispy James had had over 20 bags since this thread started :-)
    I'm still struggling to process this, over 50 bags a week?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Golden wonder cheese and onion.

Miss savoury vinegar by Smith's.
  • Partial to a bag of Salt and Vinegar McCoys but sometimes they're too strong. Had a packet the other week and had a few bumps come up on my tongue. Eat with due care.
  • Wow, you lot are making me salivate and I've just finished my lunch. 
    Today, I finished the last scraps of these crisps from Brittany. You lot would love them. Goats cheese and Espelette hot peppers. Never have I eaten crisps with such an absurdly strong cheesy flavour. 
    Where do they sell these, Jimmy?
  • Wow, you lot are making me salivate and I've just finished my lunch. 
    Where do they sell these, Jimmy?
    I'm guessing in Bretagne/Brittany 
  • Nobody mentioned Tavern Snacks? Only seen them in a handful of pubs and can’t get them up here in Yorkshire but they are divine. 
  • Used to love Smiths pickled onion and savoury vinegar.
    Do they still make cheesy nik-naks. Used to love em
  • I’ve recently discovered Tesco’s Prawn Cocktail flavour; fantastic flavour!
  • Walkers Cheese and Onion or Worcester Sauce.

Pringles are disgusting and I would ban them.
  • Used to love Smiths pickled onion and savoury vinegar.
    Do they still make cheesy nik-naks. Used to love em
    Cheesy Nic Naks were discontinued in the 90s. Just the three flavours now 
  • Goats cheese flavour crisps🤢 I feel sick even imaging it.
    Not a fan of goats unless they are in a curry.

Onion rings for me M&S ones. They are crispy and not orange looking.

Other than that, ready salted or plain as my boys call them. Can't beat a pack of plain crisps