Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crisps (and similar snacks)

Comments

• Options
    Walkers Worcester sauce were my favourite.
    read somewhere that they are no longer available because of a cancer risk in on of the ingredient.
  • Options
    These are so moreish too:

Love these so much. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Can you get Branagans crisps anywhere now?
    Stopped making them earlier this year.

Shame, the beef and mustard were good.

Plus I liked that they were just called Beef and Mustard, rather than the current trend of "Free Range Shropshire Beef and Hand Blended English Mustard" etc etc.
    Genuinely gutted, Beef and Mustard Brannigans were glorious 

Hardly surprising sales were so low as they were hard to find. Poundland stocked them for a while then stopped. B&M stocked them - I remember stocking up in the Charlton branch after matches
  • Options
    Spicy monster munch, or brannigans beef and mustard
  • Options
    Don’t get kettle chips at all. Really nice if you like the sensation of chewing 100 staples.
    Me neither mate, can't stand them.
  • Options
    Don’t get kettle chips at all. Really nice if you like the sensation of chewing 100 staples and then using vinegar to heal the wounds.
    Don’t get kettle chips at all. Really nice if you like the sensation of chewing 100 staples.
    Me neither mate, can't stand them.
    You chaps are heathens!
  • Options
    What is Barbecue flavour  ? Does that mean it tastes metal grills and Charcoal ?

• Options
    What is Barbecue flavour  ? Does that mean it tastes metal grills and Charcoal ?

Basically barbecue sauce I presume.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Salt and Vinegar McCoys can't be beaten imo. Dare I say it I do like the pickled onion Space Raiders too, as cheap and dirty as they are.

Special mention for the Golden Wonder Sausage and Tomato flavour, don't see them around anymore.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

They taste like meat that is burnt on the outside and raw in the middle.

• Options
    Had a couple of big bags of these over Christmas - lovely subtle flavour, will keep buying them. Used to really like Burt's crisps which are super-crisp crisps, especially the pesto flavour, but barely see them now.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Pipers Longhorn Beef. But think Pepsi own them now unfortunately.
  • Options

Basically barbecue sauce I presume.
    How do you artificially create the flavour of sausages that are burnt to a crisp on the outside and raw in the middle?
  • Options
    Going against almost everyone above I love all flavours of Kettle Chips!

A special mention goes to Twiglets!
  • Options
    Cheese footballs.  
  • Options
    Pickled Onion Monster Munch 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    love pretty much all crisps but Beef and Mustard Tavern Snacks are probably the king of all crisps and flavours.

used to do them in the Lib and I practically had a pack with every pint 
  • Options
    King crisps from Ireland. Cheese and onion, honestly can't be beaten. 
  • Options
    To echo an earlier comment and noting how no one has mentioned them, does anyone really like Pringles? To me they arent crisps, they are too soft, overflavoured and sickly. And overpriced! So how do they do so well if by our standards and research they ain't much cop!

Personally, Tangy Toms were my favourite, can occasionally find in pound shops now. Also another shout out for pickled onion monster munch, but makes my mouth taste like a tramp's sock afterwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Pedantic point:-

Only a sliced potato that has been fried can be described as a crisp (an abbreviated form of Potato Crisp).

Anything that is reconstituted, extruded or fundamentally doesn't come from a potato is a snack.

A Pringle is not a crisp, a Wotsit is not a crisp, Monster Munch are not crisps, they are snacks.

The thread should be re-titled Crisps and Snacks.
  • Options
    The Tesco prawns in Marie Rose sauce are very nice. 
  • Options
    Bacon Wheat Crunchies
    Frazzles
    Salt & Vinegar and Plain Chipsticks
    Beef Monster Munch

Just discovered McCoy’s Nacho Cheese Muchos -well nice
  • Options

Only a sliced potato that has been fried can be described as a crisp (an abbrevied form of Potato Crisp).

Anything that is reconstituted, extruded or fundamentally doesn't come from a potato is a snack.

A Pringle is not a crisp, a Wotsit is not a crisp, Monster Munch are not crisps, they are snacks.

What about vegetable crisps? You can make crisps with beetroot, carrots and parsnips. It doesn't have to be potatoes.
  • Options

Only a sliced potato that has been fried can be described as a crisp (an abbreviated form of Potato Crisp).

What about vegetable crisps? You can make crisps with beetroot, carrots and parsnips. It doesn't have to be potatoes.
    Good point, I will allow Vegetable Crisps to be called "crisps" within this discussion.

I doubt, however, anyone likes them. 

;) 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    James86 said:
    I’m a bit of a crisp monster. Dread to say how many bags I eat a day. 4 bags with lunch, couple more when I finish work, then a couple more after dinner. We buy the multipack box of Walkers once a week and top up with share size bags.Got to be Walkers Cheese & Onion for me though. Followed by BBQ Hula Hoops. Never like Smokey Bacon. Always repeat on me. 
    You don’t genuinely eat eight packets of crisps a day do you? Think you may need to go to rehab if you do!
    Genuinely do. Minimum 5 a day. It’s a terrible addiction I know. 1 bag just doesn’t hit the spot in a sitting. Crisp sandwich can’t be beaten either. Crisps any day over chocolate/sweets. 
  • Options
    To echo an earlier comment and noting how no one has mentioned them, does anyone really like Pringles? To me they arent crisps, they are too soft, overflavoured and sickly. And overpriced! So how do they do so well if by our standards and research they ain't much cop!

Personally, Tangy Toms were my favourite, can occasionally find in pound shops now. Also another shout out for pickled onion monster munch, but makes my mouth taste like a tramp's sock afterwards.
    I like Pringles, Paprika ones are very nice.
  • Options
    charltonJ said:
    King crisps from Ireland. Cheese and onion, honestly can't be beaten. 
    they can by tatyo!!!

ready salted are my go to. 
  • Options
    James86 said:
    Anyone else think Walkers Ready Salted are underrated? Always the last to be eaten, you forget how good they actually are!
    They are the king of the every day crisp. The best things are always the most simple, and it doesn't get more simple than a salted crisp.