Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• The idea that Adkins is getting sacked is for the birds, the same way TS wasn't going to sack Bowyer through the terrible winter last year. He doesn't smack me as a panic type owner
  • Anyone know how much he has played recently?
    https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=48203

26th July: Last game for Midgetland... Played 45-mins
    22nd July: Last goal, came against Brondby, played 84-mins
    17th July... Last game he played the full match

A guy Called Forever Addickted put this post up on page 1 of this thread in December 2020. I'm overdue an eye test at Specsavers but......
    Cheers, can see what you mean - I find Soccerbase better to read for individual games rather than overall stats - The goals tally certainly doesnt ring true on that website.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ronnie-schwartz/profil/spieler/46007

FA, because you put that on the thread, and I enjoy your research and match reviews, plus seeing Racing post I assumed it was gospel. More investigations are needed into Ronnie's CV.

• Anyone know how much he has played recently?
    https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=48203

26th July: Last game for Midgetland... Played 45-mins
    22nd July: Last goal, came against Brondby, played 84-mins
    17th July... Last game he played the full match

A guy Called Forever Addickted put this post up on page 1 of this thread in December 2020. I'm overdue an eye test at Specsavers but......
    Cheers, can see what you mean - I find Soccerbase better to read for individual games rather than overall stats - The goals tally certainly doesnt ring true on that website.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ronnie-schwartz/profil/spieler/46007

FA, because you put that on the thread, and I enjoy your research and match reviews, plus seeing Racing post I assumed it was gospel. More investigations are needed into Ronnie's CV.

Why, though? His career record is online for anybody to read.

Anyway, time to leave the player alone.

• Schwartz was allegedly signed at the suggestion of the owner, in the final analysis it is the owner that is paying his wages, The only detriment to the football club is that he is taking up a place in the team's overall number of players. Any player brought in from overseas is a gamble for the club, some you win some you loose.
    Whatever is wrong with Schwartz he deserves our support as he is a Charlton player.
  • edited September 2021
    Oggy Red said:

Ronnie Schwartz was the owners pick. He wasn't Bowyers, Gallen's or anyone elses pick

Is there a verifiable source for this assertion?
    It's an easy/lazy assumption we have all made, but is there any substance to it?

Think it was said Sandgaard suggested Schwartz and Gallen gave it an "ok" to sign.

At the time it was reported that Ronnie Schwartz first came to Sparrows Lane a year ago for pre-season training/on trial for a week or 2, with a view to signing. Because of the transfer embargo, it didn't happen and he went back to Denmark.

Surely that was before Sandgaard's ownership?

Honestly that's the first time I've heard this take on the Schwartz transfer. 

I remember it being said that he was supposedly training with us since December prior to the Jan transfer, but never knew we had him on trial from the Danish club in the summer.

• DOUCHER said:
    No, i don't want NA sacked - its been a dissapointing start after a strange / deflating transfer window but i'll give it another few months and see where we are then - i get everybody's frustration and despair as expectations were high and rightly so but i'm sure NA and the squiad are capable of a lot better than they've shown so far this season - its dissapointing that we have taken to booing and jeering so early to be honest but i guess its just the reaction to the realisation that we may be in for another long and painful season off the back of so many - it could still come together but NA must pick the line up i put on the match thread or it won't !!! :D
    The booing after Wigan and MK Dons was unwarranted imo.  The Cheltenham game was the first one I came away from and you could say the team and management deserved it.  

Tomorrow is a big game now.  If we play poorly again and don’t get a result, tensions will be heightened.  He needs a win and a draw imo from the next two, or when we come back to The Valley next sat, the fans won’t hold back if we lose 
  • Oggy Red said:

Ronnie Schwartz was the owners pick. He wasn't Bowyers, Gallen's or anyone elses pick

It's an easy/lazy assumption we have all made, but is there any substance to it?

Think it was said Sandgaard suggested Schwartz and Gallen gave it an "ok" to sign.

At the time it was reported that Ronnie Schwartz first came to Sparrows Lane a year ago for pre-season training/on trial for a week or 2, with a view to signing. Because of the transfer embargo, it didn't happen and he went back to Denmark.

I remember it being said that he was supposedly training with us since December prior to the Jan transfer, but never knew we had him on trial from the Danish club in the summer.

I had a little search through the Summer Transfers Thread 2020 and found many comments on Ronnie Schwartz.
    Here's one of mine from back then:

I'm sure there'll be some press reference perhaps from that time?

• The Schwartz experiment is a dud. 

Up there with our more prominent and laughable "what the fucks"

• Ronnie Schwartz was the owners pick. He wasn't Bowyers, Gallen's or anyone elses pick

No, apparently when we needed a striker last season, our first choice was some random Danish geezer who hadn’t played for six months. 

To be fair, it’s not the laziest ever assumption on the basis of our new owner at the time being Danish? 

It’s been said on here lots already but the reason he’s nowhere near the squad is because he’s nowhere near good enough. Other than the Rochdale goal, he contributed the sum total of absolutely nothing in his appearances last season and Nigel Adkins excuse for bombing him out of the squad at the end of the season (despite him being fit and available) was that he needs to adapt to the English game. All bullshit because they can’t just come out and say that, after observing him train with the team every day, we have realised that he is a bit shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

I had a little search through the Summer Transfers Thread 2020 and found many comments on Ronnie Schwartz.

Hardly a sniff, I'm starting to doubt Ronnie Schwartz even exists tbh.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

Good luck posting these Inconvenient Truths here, @Oggy Red 

• cabbles said:
    DOUCHER said:
    No, i don't want NA sacked - its been a dissapointing start after a strange / deflating transfer window but i'll give it another few months and see where we are then - i get everybody's frustration and despair as expectations were high and rightly so but i'm sure NA and the squiad are capable of a lot better than they've shown so far this season - its dissapointing that we have taken to booing and jeering so early to be honest but i guess its just the reaction to the realisation that we may be in for another long and painful season off the back of so many - it could still come together but NA must pick the line up i put on the match thread or it won't !!! :D
    The booing after Wigan and MK Dons was unwarranted imo.  The Cheltenham game was the first one I came away from and you could say the team and management deserved it.  

Tomorrow is a big game now.  If we play poorly again and don’t get a result, tensions will be heightened.  He needs a win and a draw imo from the next two, or when we come back to The Valley next sat, the fans won’t hold back if we lose 
    And they'll still be wrong, and impatient.
  • Sage said:
    Someone provides a small extra bit of info on a player who has had a real hard time since he signed at the beginning of the year and some of these responses are ridiculous. “Hundreds of players similar to Ronnie who came from overseas to play in the UK over the same the scale” - I mean, firstly that’s factually incorrect and secondly has absolutely no barring on his situation. Each person is different but let’s all paint everyone with the same brush aye. No one knows what exactly has happened but if anyone thinks he hasn’t suffered since being here, you couldn’t be more wrong. 

It is clearly disappointing and frustrating for everyone, but sometimes we have such a strange fan base.

Think I’ll stick to just doing the midweek previews when I can and that’ll be it. 
    probably for the best 
  • HandG said:

To be fair, it’s not the laziest ever assumption on the basis of our new owner at the time being Danish? 

Seriously?  :D
  • HandG said:

Do you think he was spotted by our scouts then? A 30+ year old journeyman Danish striker who hadn’t played for a while? 

And it’s not as if owners thrusting their fellow countrymen onto their team is a completely foreign concept…..

I’m happy to stand corrected if someone knows better but it seems far too much of a coincidence to me. 
  • HandG said:

I’m certain he still is Danish
  • HandG said:
    HandG said:

Do you think he was spotted by our scouts then? A 30+ year old journeyman Danish striker who hadn’t played for a while? 

And it’s not as if owners thrusting their fellow countrymen onto their team is a completely foreign concept…..

I’m happy to stand corrected if someone knows better but it seems far too much of a coincidence to me. 
    Which is pretty much the point I was making.
    It's the obvious assumption,  but I wondered whether any of our in the know people can verify it definitively
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    Sage said:
    Someone provides a small extra bit of info on a player who has had a real hard time since he signed at the beginning of the year and some of these responses are ridiculous. “Hundreds of players similar to Ronnie who came from overseas to play in the UK over the same the scale” - I mean, firstly that’s factually incorrect and secondly has absolutely no barring on his situation. Each person is different but let’s all paint everyone with the same brush aye. No one knows what exactly has happened but if anyone thinks he hasn’t suffered since being here, you couldn’t be more wrong. 

It is clearly disappointing and frustrating for everyone, but sometimes we have such a strange fan base.

Think I’ll stick to just doing the midweek previews when I can and that’ll be it. 
    probably for the best 
    In your highly presumptious opinion.
    well, i've pointed out that he has got things wrong in the past and others have said a few things and he's then thrown his toys out of his pram and called fans strange - i'm not sure what sage's role at the club is but he does seem to like to shut down injury related info and rumour that the club doesn't want released - maybe that a good thing, maybe not but whether or not schwarz has  a calf injury, people are bound to be suspicious and doubtful about it given his track record at the club to date. 
  • Sage said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Sage said:

probably for the best 
    In your highly presumptious opinion.
    well, i've pointed out that he has got things wrong in the past and others have said a few things and he's then thrown his toys out of his pram and called fans strange - i'm not sure what sage's role at the club is but he does seem to like to shut down injury related info and rumour that the club doesn't want released - maybe that a good thing, maybe not but whether or not schwarz has  a calf injury, people are bound to be suspicious and doubtful about it given his track record at the club to date. 
    I don't work for the club. We all have got things wrong in the past - yourself included, amazingly! And you're a troll. 
    childish - lets move on sage, no trolling here 
  • edited September 2021
    Sage said:

Sage, you are wrong, there have been Hundreds of players in a similar situation to Ronnie Schwartz over the last 18 months that have been affected in the UK alone. Trying to settle at a club when their family can't join them because of Covid regulations. It must be difficult, but like Nathan Ake who scored his debut goal in the Champions League while his dad passed away( hopefully he was aware his son scored a goal) all individuals deal with situations differently. Even the death of a parent or loved one.

Obviously every individual is different, but when both Managers of Cafc in the tenure that Ronnie has spent at the club struggle to incorporate him into the team then as a fan I will have concerns. I personally believe he was the owners pick. I would ask Steve Gallen and Jed Roddy that question if I had the opportunity. Maybe *Weegie  will ask that question for the fans at CAST. I'm not naive so would expect a political non answer.

I support every player that has ever pulled on a Charlton shirt but when the games are over I will give my thought on how they played.  I never use the word "dog shit" or tell players to ,"Fuck off"
    I leave others to talk in the vernacular of football pubs on match days pre and post games and during the game.

9 months have elapsed since Ronnie Schwartz joined Cafc on a 2 and a half year contract. For a multitude of reasons it's been a difficult time in his career.

@Sage you are  articulate and have written some excellent posts but you are picking on the wrong target with me. Have a dig at the crude and keyboard guys who treat players like shite.

I believe in transparency but I accept when I found out about Aneke it was a bit delicate but don't see why the club couldn't say it was more about what might happen to him than to let the impression that he wasn't fit to start games and play 90 minutes. Passing Birmingham medical just made it look suspicion and again it could have been handled better.

* @Weegie Addick  "how did Ronnie Schwartz  come to the attention of Cafc and was it through the Contacts Thomas Sandgaard has in Danish football"

Concise, polite and to the point.
  • Left by mutual consent
  • Lol thanks for the memories I guess
  • Bit of a disaster