Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• It's a very strange situation 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I am 17 stone, over 40 and smoke like a chimney.  With 6 weeks full time training I am certain I could manage 20 minutes pies.

Corrected  ;)
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I am 17 stone, over 40 and smoke like a chimney.  With 6 weeks full time training I am certain I could manage 20 minutes.

It can't just see its just fitness. 
    Tiddlywinks doesn't count though.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I am 17 stone, over 40 and smoke like a chimney.  With 6 weeks full time training I am certain I could manage 20 minutes.

I struggle with a full game of tiddlywinks these days.
  • KettsJohn said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I struggle with a full game of tiddlywinks these days.
    Flipping hell 😉
  • Chunes said:
    I'm not buying Jackson's answer. Ronnie played 45 minutes minutes for the U23's some weeks back and you would expect his game time to progress from there. And if he's not going to play then he should have been sent back to Denmark to free up wages.
    Love the skipper, but that is bull shit, Been back for a month and could have easily featured in either of the match today. Ronnie  can’t get 10 mins in the Papa John’s. All very strange. 
    I do not believe for one moment that the problems are Covid related

It certainly seems very strange...
  • So is he staying?
  • Cafc43v3r said:

The club are not obliged to reveal all but they are pulling the wool over our eyes.
    We'll never know the real reasons behind Schwartz not playing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:

Of professional football? You couldn’t. 
  • se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

but an already fit professional athlete should be able to
  • se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Of course I am not being entirely serious but how unfit would you have had to have got? 
  • se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Of course I am not being entirely serious but how unfit would you have had to have got? 
    I think you guys are referring only to physical fitness.
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Only because of what Jackson said.  That's the problem with ambiguity.

If they had come out and said something like

"Due to a private personal issue Ronnie won't be available for selection."

Its exactly that private and personal.  It would be reasonable to draw the conclusion that its a physical fitness thing from what has been said. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Its exactly that private and personal.  It would be reasonable to draw the conclusion that its a physical fitness thing from what has been said. 
    That's what they did say at the beginning. Jackson repeated it on Tuesday.

Unfortunately because they've given him 45 minutes in a game with the u23s in a friendly where no one performed, people seem to be assuming he should be further along.

What we don't know for sure is that there have been no set backs. 

The fact we haven't off-loaded him, even on a free (like Bogle) tells me there is something going on there and the club aren't desperate to offload him.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Unfortunately because they've given him 45 minutes in a game with the u23s in a friendly where no one performed, people seem to be assuming he should be further along.

The fact we haven't off-loaded him, even on a free (like Bogle) tells me there is something going on there and the club aren't desperate to offload him.
    Or they can’t because no one fancies a 32 year old striker who may be on relatively decent money, has hardly played for 18 months, didn’t do particularly well when he did, and has unspecified issues. 

I did say when everyone said “we’ll just send him back to Denmark” that it wouldn’t be as easy as that.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

When we had an U23 match AND a Mickey Mouse cup tie on the same day, meaning that the squad was stretched and every fringe player likely to be involved, it's hardly unreasonable for the fans to expect Ronnie to be on the bench for ONE of them if he was anywhere near fitness
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

In Bogle's case Doncaster were prepared to take on his exsiting contract
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

When we had an U23 match AND a Mickey Mouse cup tie on the same day, meaning that the squad was stretched and every fringe player likely to be involved, it's hardly unreasonable for the fans to expect Ronnie to be on the bench for ONE of them if he was anywhere near fitness
    Thinking about this yesterday & I came to the conclusion that his non existence for either game must have been that he was leaving & was probably packing up ready for the off or already on the road somewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Thinking about this yesterday & I came to the conclusion that his non existence for either game must have been that he was leaving & was probably packing up ready for the off or already on the road somewhere.
    Yes, I wonder if they were trying to arrange a move on deadline day and it fell through?
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Ronnie has directly told someone I know he's been told his not wanted, they've not been impressed with him. He has a calf strain which is why he never played for the u23s or in the pizza cup Tuesday.

told by who?.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Ronnie has directly told someone I know he's been told his not wanted, they've not been impressed with him. He has a calf strain which is why he never played for the u23s or in the pizza cup Tuesday.
    I don't understand why Jackson didn't just say he had a calf strain then?

I believe what your saying, I don't believe what Jackson said. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCDAZ said:

But do you believe what Ronnie is saying?
  • CAFCDAZ said:

At every club, there are players, where it doesn't work out for numerous reasons.
    Football politics: what happens as explained to be by an ex pro is, the player who could even be a top earner at the club, has fallen out of favour and the club just can't see it ever changing but realize that they will struggle to move him on as he has no recent form and age is top end, eg 30+.

If the impasse lasts too long and the player doesn't want to drop wages and move on, the player will stop training with the 1st team squad.  Maybe train with under 23, or even younger age group.

Famous case of the Dutch guy back in the day at Chelsea who decided to train with the kids and pick up 40k a week. The other side of the Bosman ruling.

Lower down the football pyramid, I'm fortunate to know many guys who have coached at pro clubs, some in the lower age groups to get started, and I'm always amazed that these guys have told me stories of players training on their own because the club's would rather they moved on.
    You have players bonding but you also have players excluded for various reasons.

I have no idea if the above applies to Ronnie Schwartz but......

• edited September 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCDAZ said:

But do you believe what Ronnie is saying?
    Well, his reason sounds more plausible than what JJ / NA / comms team have said......which is very little.
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Physical fitness is the excuse being put out there, so that’s all that can be questioned.
  • Cory Gibbs went on to play another 100 games in his career after his injuries when signing his contract at cafc and unfortunately tripping over a chair before the ink was dry.

Omar Pauso was picked up at the airport by
    Stephen Kelly and was never seen again. 

Ronnie Schwartz issue is a secret and if anyone reveals it they will be exterminated.