Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    Extreme athleticism for such a big lad

6-2
  • Options
    47-3

danger man Pooran gone
  • Options
    Well that was one hell of a decision to not give that out originally

50-4
  • Options
    This Umpire is having a tough day at the office - second successful review for Rashid

55-5
  • Options
    Holder caught and bowled Moeen. Start the car up

57-6
  • Options
    65-7

• Options
    Mike said:
    Another great innings by Morgan 
    Dropped a couple too
  • Options
    Jordan goes for 23 in an over

134-8 off 18
  • Options
    Unbelievable ending
  • Options
    28 off the final over and the Windies finish on 170-8 so we win by 1 run which sounds and is a lot closer than it should have been. In fact, we got away with one ball that should have been called a wide in that over!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At least Mahmood didn't bowl a no ball.
  • Options
    Far more exciting than it ought to have been. 
  • Options
    How to make a win feel like a defeat by England cricket
  • Options
    Made a right pig's ear of that ! 
  • Options
    We have to take into account that we are playing the team that is sitting at the bottom of the T20 ranking but the Windies do have some good prospects coming through if they can harness that talent.
  • Options
    Wow. Having got in late, and looking at the one sided nature of the scorecard an hour ago, I didn't bother watching this as it would be an easy, and unexciting England win...
  • Options
    Wow. Having got in late, and looking at the one sided nature of the scorecard an hour ago, I didn't bother watching this as it would be an easy, and unexciting England win...
    The Windies needed 30 off the final over. They managed 28 but the one dot ball could have easily been called a wide. From Cricinfo commentary:

Mahmood to Hosein, no run

Attacking the wide line, and Hosein is a bit miffed that that wasn't called as well. With some reason...

That run plus the extra ball would have meant curtains for us.

• Options
    when is the next match? My bt sport has a bit longer on it after the ashes so nneed to remember to actually watch one

• Options
    edited January 2022
    when is the next match? My bt sport has a bit longer on it after the ashes so nneed to remember to actually watch one

Wednesday 8pm. Pushed back a day to avoid the clash with our Pizza Cup match
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Same here, canters.

My monthly sub runs out on 6th Feb so I'll have access to this Wednesday's match, & the final 2 on Saturday & Sunday. 

Lucky old me ! Or not....
  • Options
    If anyone hasn't heard of 18 year old Jacob Bethell you will do! This lad is a real talent - someone who has every chance of opening for England in both red and white ball.

Born and raised in Barbados until the age of 12, his grandfather played for Barbados and his father for one to the top clubs in Yorkshire, Sheffield Collegiate. He is now professionally contracted to Warwickshire and has played for them in all forms of the game already. He cuts, he drives, he pulls off the front foot but his biggest gift is that he picks up length so quickly.

For England today, chasing 210 to beat South Africa in the U19 WC QF, he shared an opening stand of 110 off 10.4 overs. Bethell was out for 88 off 42 while George Thomas had the best seat in the house on 18* (22). 

England reached their target for the loss of 4 wickets with 18.4 overs to spare. Bethell effectively ruined the game as a contest. Oh and he also bowls left arm spin picking up 1-31 off 7 today.

Looking forward to seeing England in the semis and more of Bethell.
  • Options
    I think this is the kid some fella at Rugby school was telling me about in the summer when my sons team were based there for a couple of days .
  • Options
    Rain delays the start of the 3rd T20.
  • Options
    There could be 3 T20 debuts today, George Garton, Harry Brook  and Phil Salt
  • Options
    Eng won toss & bowl.
  • Options
    No Morgan or Billings
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I think this is the kid some fella at Rugby school was telling me about in the summer when my sons team were based there for a couple of days .
    That would have been him as he is at Rugby School 
  • Options
    There could be 3 T20 debuts today, George Garton, Harry Brook  and Phil Salt
    Just the five changes in total.

Morgan pulled up lame in the warm up and Billings is ill so Banton will keep. Saqib, Jordan and Dawson rested too so Livingstone and Topley are in addition to the three debutants. Looks like Salt will bat at 7 which he probably doesn't do too often but that's not a surprise because I think that he and the other six batsmen have all opened in white ball
  • Options
    Good ball from Garton but poor bit of premeditation from King.

Remember the days when we couldn't find a left arm seamer for love or money. We have three in this side and the likes of Willey and Sam Curran if necessary too.