Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas songs? Bah humbug!

Comments

• Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    "Yule never walk alone"?

"Pudding on the Ritz"?

"I'm always touched by your presents, Dear"?
    This is more like it 
  • Options
    Christmas (Baby please come home) - Michael Buble version

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Greg Lake - I believe in Father Christmas

https://youtu.be/yfY4b1NszpY

Greg Lake, once part of one of my favourite bands, King Crimson, now reduced to this drivel!

What a fall from grace?
    Now?
    Now what?
    It’s over 20 years old.
    I Believe in Father Christmas came out 45 years ago!
  • Options
    Anything by Michael Bauble?

Or Engelbert Hamperdinck?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Greg Lake - I believe in Father Christmas

https://youtu.be/yfY4b1NszpY

Greg Lake, once part of one of my favourite bands, King Crimson, now reduced to this drivel!

What a fall from grace?
    Now?
    Now what?
    It’s over 20 years old.
    I Believe in Father Christmas came out 45 years ago!
    Exactly. Well over 20 years ago.
  • Options
    I love Christmas songs but always feel for staff working in shops. They must be sick to death of hearing them on a constant loop, day after day.
  • Options
    White Christmas by the Gonads
  • Options
    I think my head finally fell off when Eric  Clapton did a Christmas album a couple of years ago but it is actually rather good. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I was DJing about 20 years ago probably less at Christmas and a girl came up to me and asked for a sugababes song, this is the first incarnation of the band with the ginge. It was the end of the night and I'd exhausted the collection of shite that people find acceptable at Christmas and things were calming down. Faded it in and the dance floor turned into a fingering moshpit. Like a gap advert but with snogging and digital penetration 

The song was last year by the sugababes 

I think its OK but like some songs can do whenever I hear it which is very very rarely I am teleported back to that Christmas eve in a Rochester High Street pub and can even smell the place (warm electrical equipment, beer and cigarette smoke, not the fingering). The pub was the jolly Knight and this was in the downstairs bar they used to have for occasions like that. 

Other than that I think the power of love by Francis goes to Hollywood is decent, he's got a tremendous voice that guy 

You've captured the spirit of Christmas.

Admin ... close the thread now, please.  This cannot be topped.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    I feel really short changed if I am driving home on Christmas eve and listen to R2 insteead of R3 or 4 and they don't play "Driving home for christmas" even though it is shit.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I was DJing about 20 years ago probably less at Christmas and a girl came up to me and asked for a sugababes song, this is the first incarnation of the band with the ginge. It was the end of the night and I'd exhausted the collection of shite that people find acceptable at Christmas and things were calming down. Faded it in and the dance floor turned into a fingering moshpit. Like a gap advert but with snogging and digital penetration 

I think its OK but like some songs can do whenever I hear it which is very very rarely I am teleported back to that Christmas eve in a Rochester High Street pub and can even smell the place (warm electrical equipment, beer and cigarette smoke, not the fingering). The pub was the jolly Knight and this was in the downstairs bar they used to have for occasions like that. 

Other than that I think the power of love by Francis goes to Hollywood is decent, he's got a tremendous voice that guy 

Nice one. No wonder the knight was jolly.

Who is this Francis with the tremendous voice?
  • Options
    I've just seen that very peculiar autocorrect 

A few letters totally changes the dynamic of that bands name doesn't it 
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    when when the Thames froze By Smith and Burrows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=644U-jMpDUw
    Not heard that before, that was good!
    Tom Smith. Great front man for a great band; 'Editors'.
  • Options
    "NHS nuts roasting on an open fire"?
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    when when the Thames froze By Smith and Burrows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=644U-jMpDUw
    Not heard that before, that was good!
    Tom Smith. Great front man for a great band; 'Editors'.
    Loved that. Could be a new entry at number 2 (not a reference to @Carter's digital event).  
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I've just seen that very peculiar autocorrect 

A few letters totally changes the dynamic of that bands name doesn't it 
    Could have been worse.

Frankie goes to Cricklewood
  • Options
    Jethro Tull - Ring Out Solstice Bells 

a personal favourite 
  • Options
    I think my head finally fell off when Eric  Clapton did a Christmas album a couple of years ago but it is actually rather good. 
    I imagine he's had a few white Christmases...
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I love Christmas songs but always feel for staff working in shops. They must be sick to death of hearing them on a constant loop, day after day.
    Try hanging on the line to EE, if you want to have a real Christmas songs are shite experience.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I feel really short changed if I am driving home on Christmas eve and listen to R2 insteead of R3 or 4 and they don't play "Driving home for christmas" even though it is shit.
    One of the only Christmas songs I like 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Carter said:

You've captured the spirit of Christmas.

Admin ... close the thread now, please.  This cannot be topped.
    A line in "Penny Lane" goes on about "fish & finger pies". The group said it had no reference to teenage shenanigans.....😉
  • Options
    "A Holly Jolly Christmas" puts my teeth on edge.
  • Options
    All forms of Wrap music?
  • Options
    "No Snowman, No Cry"?
  • Options
    Anything by Tinsel Washington?
  • Options
    "Mangers in the night"?
  • Options
    A little quiz for you all.

one song has made it to Xmas number one, three times, what is that song?

2 other songs have made it to Xmas number one twice, one of those songs by the same artist, the other is by 2 different artists. Can you give me the song and the artists.  So for the first one, I want the song and the artist, and for the second, I want the song and the artists.

Finally, one act made it to Xmas number one three years in a row.  Who was it, and for a bonus point, name me the songs 

I’m off to bed in a bit so you might not get the answers till the morning.  I think number one is the easiest, so expect that one to be answered very quickly 

• Options
    "You're Turkey to my Heart"?