Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harsh on Williams today

https://twitter.com/louismend/status/1335270719975022592?s=21

I tried not to jump to conclusions when he got taken off but after reading that I thought that was a very poor excuse to take him off. I thought he impacted the play well and was making so many decent runs and even set up the goal.

But to be taken off over 1 challenge is pretty pathetic. So glad Bowyer didn’t manage Claus Jenson as he wasn’t the kind of player to challenge.

Comments

• Options
    Everyone is rightly doing their nut about this on the match thread. One of the worst things a Charlton manager has ever said, and that includes the Duchatelet era
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    The Bogle substitute against Burton was a surprise but this was shocking. Didn’t help that Matthews was poor when he came on. Starting to turn on Matthews. Think he’s been poor since he’s returned. 

A huge talking point which could have been easily avoided. Can’t even give credit for being brave as I thought it was the wrong. Williams only pace we had in the side. 

Everything does not seem to be happy at the Valley. 
  • Options
    So the excuse as relayed by Loius is-
    "Says he hauled Jonny Williams off just 22 minutes after he came on because he pulled out of a challenge and you don’t do that in one of his teams".

3 tackles according to someone on the match thread. Does seem harsh though.
  • Options
    It's clear he has talent on the ball, but for us he has never really consistently performed.

I'm not sure whether that's because maybe he is actually just not as good as we think he is, or we don't really play to his strengths. 

Trying to imagine what he would be like in that MK Dons midfield. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    No idea, but it was definitely banded about at the time that it was a lot easier for Williams and Forster-Caskey to trigger their extensions than be left without clubs during the pandemic with clubs tightening their belts
  • Options
    I like the guy and am happy we have him but let's be honest with ourselves. No way is he a championship player.
  • Options
    I think JW’s been a big disappointment this season. I wonder if he’s mainly playing for his Welsh career or at least that’s where his priority is.
    No problem, from my perspective, subbing a sub and don’t blame Bow for doing so today.
    Tactical needs had changed and, aside from bottling at least 1 tackle, JW got wrong side of the player he was tracking (having played him onside) and nearly gave away an equaliser earlier.
    With a defensive change needed, right decision to pull him off IMO.
  • Options
    Another flair player our wonderful manager can't get the best out of. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I think JW’s been a big disappointment this season. I wonder if he’s mainly playing for his Welsh career or at least that’s where his priority is.
    No problem, from my perspective, subbing a sub and don’t blame Bow for doing so today.
    Tactical needs had changed and, aside from bottling at least 1 tackle, JW got wrong side of the player he was tracking (having played him onside) and nearly gave away an equaliser earlier.
    Maybe he shouldn't have expected JW to play as an auxiliary right-back
    Don’t you expect midfielders to track their man or tackle?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Maybe he shouldn't have expected JW to play as an auxiliary right-back
    Don’t you expect midfielders to track their man or tackle?
    Williams tried to track his man, didn't get it right because it isn't his game, and then didn't make a tackle because he thought he'd try and win a free kick instead, because that is his game 
  • Options
    Taken off for passing forward.
    Can I like and lol this