Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any watch fanciers on here?

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    so what straps do you like @sillav nitram ?
    Vegan:)

Plenty to choose from!

• Options
    Love that Maen Manhattan, lovely looking watch 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    bobmunro said:
    MrOneLung said:
    so what straps do you like @sillav nitram ?
    Vegan:)

Plenty to choose from!

That’s good to know, thanks  @bobmunro
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    bobmunro said:
    PWR

I do like watching, send me the time and the address, do I need to bring my own tissues?

In all seriousness, I do like watches but not the type that are for people who have small penises, you know watch face the size of your fist and with big metal strap and can you tell the time in every language around the globe and can tell you the temperature on Pluto next time yer visiting.

Prefer rectangle face with period numbers and a non leather and non metal strap.
    Buy and Sell Cartier Santos Watches  Chrono24

The history of the Reverso collection  Jaeger-LeCoultre

Not sure rubber straps work with them though!
    The Cartier is real fave of mine. Beautiful watch. 
  • Options
    I know nothing about watches. Doing a tidy up and found two old watches, which was given to me back in the early 00’s for some design work I did.
    Are these worth anything? Wouldn’t wear them myself, as not my style.

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    bobmunro said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    bobmunro said:

Ok…..last one for a while. 
    Ridiculous value and I love the retro styling of it. 
    A proper everyday wearer. 
    They are very good value and the integrated bracelet style is certainly in fashion right now.

Another one that is a lot of bang for the buck is the Maen Manhattan.

MAEN Watches - Designed with eye for quality

F Hands-On The New MAEN Manhattan 37  Sleek 70s Glamour
    Really like that, not dissimilar to the slightly higher price Nautilus.

Yes - about 150 times higher on the pre-owned market.

I've hovered over the purchase button on the Maen many times.
    Having sold a couple of rolexes to fund some house work I might just pick one of those up.
    How much you paying your cleaner?
    She's very good :-)
  • Options

Anyone want to buy me this original 50s beauty? Only $10k...

Or maybe a repro at €580?

• Options
    Danepak said:
    I know nothing about watches. Doing a tidy up and found two old watches, which was given to me back in the early 00’s for some design work I did.
    Are these worth anything? Wouldn’t wear them myself, as not my style.

This one has the 7T62 movement like the renown Flightmaster. Very nice! Could fetch about £100 on eBay if it's in full working order. Probably just needs a new battery.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ok…….so I got reeled in for one more. 

40mm Longines HydroConquest in grey on rubber strap. 

Was a toss up between this one and the same in green. 
    Grey was the right choice I think mate 👌🏼
  • Options
    Got to be brave to wear a high end watch out these days loads of people getting mugged these days for them 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Got to be brave to wear a high end watch out these days loads of people getting mugged these days for them 
    I know 3 people who've been done in the past 6 months, about £100k of watches!

Love the Omega Swatches!
  • Options
    The beauty of the omega swatch is they are a collaboration and only cost £220 so hopefully not getting mugged anytime soon! They are quite rare though only 3 stores in the Uk sell them and they are hardly ever in stock 
  • Options
    We gave this to our son on his 50th birthday

• Options
    Champs85 said:
    The beauty of the omega swatch is they are a collaboration and only cost £220 so hopefully not getting mugged anytime soon! They are quite rare though only 3 stores in the Uk sell them and they are hardly ever in stock 
    I like the Moons Swatches. The Oxford Street shop is the best bet for stock. Went int here a couple of weeks ago and they had 5 varities in stock. I want either the Mecury or Earth variant and unfortunately they didn't have either - very nearly bought the Jupiter.

Only thing I don't like about them is the strap, but there are loads of after market options to replace the original.
  • Options
    And here is the aforementioned Christopher Ward ‘The Twelve’. 40mm in Glacier Blue.  

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Was never going to be able to afford a Royal Oak or Nautilus - so decided to settle for this. 

42mm Baumé & Mercier Riviera  with black opaque dial. I really like it. 

It seems that Christopher Ward have an integrated bracelet sports watch coming out this week - so will be interested to see what that’s like. 

Love that @SuedeAdidas
  • Options
    And here is the aforementioned Christopher Ward ‘The Twelve’. 40mm in Glacier Blue.  

I have the blue titanium one on order - due end of May :)

Christopher Ward - The Twelve  Time and Watches  The watch blog

• Options
    Better movement in the titanium but I’m not the greatest fan of the patina of titanium after a few months. 

My Pelagos has got quite dark in the 8 months I’ve had it. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Inexpensive diver, built like a tank. Deep Blue diver, tritium illumination.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    serica 4512 I got a couple of weeks ago. Nice 37.7 mm field watch. I want to put a NATO type strap on it but good quality with Velcro. Any recommendations anyone please?

• Options
    One for @bobmunro

https://www.clemencewatches.com/ are about to bring out a new watch, called Munro! Details coming soon, 
  • Options
    Has anyone bought a watch from the website Swiss watches direct?
    Saving of £1k on an Omega planet ocean.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    One for @bobmunro

https://www.clemencewatches.com/ are about to bring out a new watch, called Munro! Details coming soon, 
    almost time Bob! It's literally got your name written all over it  :D

https://www.clemencewatches.com/munro?utm_campaign=a477b2f3-c142-4c82-ad0e-bdb07ae362fc&utm_source=so&utm_medium=mail&cid=c67643ed-e017-4466-8abe-65b4276ab5c2
  • Options
    scidbox said:
    serica 4512 I got a couple of weeks ago. Nice 37.7 mm field watch. I want to put a NATO type strap on it but good quality with Velcro. Any recommendations anyone please?

yeah, you want to get some white spirit on that white paint mark.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    One for @bobmunro

almost time Bob! It's literally got your name written all over it  :D

https://www.clemencewatches.com/munro?utm_campaign=a477b2f3-c142-4c82-ad0e-bdb07ae362fc&utm_source=so&utm_medium=mail&cid=c67643ed-e017-4466-8abe-65b4276ab5c2
    Already an alert in my diary.

Decent spec for the price and Clemence, although a relatively new company, have developed a good reputation - Scottish watch companies are building a very good profile and anOrdain in particular are superb (I am a customer!).