Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any watch fanciers on here?

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Ross said:
    Has anyone dabbled in vintage Omega Seamasters? And if yes, has anyone purchased from here?

Home | Authentic Watch Co.

With this website everything looks legit, all watches are serviced with a one year warranty, so there should be no issues. Just wondering if there's anything I'd need to look out for individual watch wise?
    Can’t help on the website but I have an early 50’s 18ct Seamaster. Mines an unusual one as it’s all 18ct the case, strap and all motives/numbers on dial and it doesn’t have the word Seamaster on dial. It’s a lovely watch (manual) that I don’t wear enough due to both its cash value and sentimental value, it lives in the bank!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Rothko said:
    I've got an Apple Watch Ultra 2, and it's doesn't get in the way, the straps can be as thin or as wide as you need, and the watch doesn't feel as massive as you think it is 
    Good choice sir.

Had my Apple Watch Ultra 1 for almost a year now.

Tbh, my previous watch was a Garmin Fenix 3 (the battery is still lasting 3-4 days a charge now even though its 8 years old now!) so this doesnt feel as big as that did, that was like having an ancient sun dial on my wrist.

I swapped the alpine loop strap it came with for a titanium strap.  It just used to absorb too much water in the shower and would takes ages to dry out.  The strap was made by Bezeli (IIRC), saw it advertised on Faceache and went for it, think it was less than £50 from memory.

Love how it integrates with my Macbook Pro, so no password needed now when I open the lid or come back to it after a period away from my desk.

Apple Pay is a godsend.  No more carrying a wallet with me.  And thanks to my neighbour, he told me about the express travel card set up, which had totally escaped me.  Now no more activating Apple Pay to touch in/out on trains/bus/tube, where TFL were double charging me for incomplete journeys on both phone and watch (where one would get rejected so you use the other and ens up with two different payment references despite it being the same bank account!)

Not sure I could go back to a nornal watch now.

One thing that annoys me though, the 'complications' are a good idea (the short cuts on the corners of the display) but I lose count of the number of times I accidentally activate them during a day.  If Apple could sort that out it would be perfect.
    How resistant is the screen to scratches?
    Johnboy might be better placed as he's had his for longer, but it's Sapphire Crystal glass on the Ultra, and if you look at the online tests, it's about as resistant as you can get, certainly better then a normal Series Apple Watch which I think uses the type of glass you would get on an iPhone
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    How resistant is the screen to scratches?
    Johnboy might be better placed as he's had his for longer, but it's Sapphire Crystal glass on the Ultra, and if you look at the online tests, it's about as resistant as you can get, certainly better then a normal Series Apple Watch which I think uses the type of glass you would get on an iPhone
    Touch wood, not a single mark on it thus far. I've scraped it more than a couple of times and my heart dropped thinking I'd scratched it but thank god, nothing so far.  Something to bare in mind, its a flat edge to the casing, where as I believe the normal apple watch has a more rounded edge, may have something to do with it as well.
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Has anyone dabbled in vintage Omega Seamasters? And if yes, has anyone purchased from here?

Home | Authentic Watch Co.

With this website everything looks legit, all watches are serviced with a one year warranty, so there should be no issues. Just wondering if there's anything I'd need to look out for individual watch wise?

They are pukka - you'll have no issues with them at all.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    MrOneLung said:
    I thought you wore it on non dominant hand as use main hand to do it up.

also the reason why the buttons are on the right hand side of the watch 

There is an advantage of the crown on the inside - it doesn't dig into your hand when you bend your wrist.

Anyway,

Left Handed These Watches Are for You

:)

You got any ‘lhd’ type watches @bobmonro ?

No - all right hookers.
  • Options
    Strap looks a bit long