Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Milton Keynes | Wednesday 02 December | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Sage said:
    MattF said:

Interesting to see a heat map of that
    Here's one where they had 69% possession

A hell of a lot in the defensive and middle third and lots more down their left hand side too. They also very clearly play short goal kicks too, a few traps can be set here.

This example though, was before Surman signed so might be slightly different with him in the middle of the park.
    My bad, was veing very lazy with my search. Much more recent one that includes Surman (albeit for 60 minutes)

• Options
    MattF said:
    Sage said:
    MattF said:

A hell of a lot in the defensive and middle third and lots more down their left hand side too. They also very clearly play short goal kicks too, a few traps can be set here.

This example though, was before Surman signed so might be slightly different with him in the middle of the park.
    My bad, was veing very lazy with my search. Much more recent one that includes Surman (albeit for 60 minutes)

Thats a lot of sideways passing...
  • Options
    A team with 3 wins in 14 should mean we won’t at least lose but football doesn’t work like that 
    2-3 to MK and at least we’ll get better when everyone is fit 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    You may have also noticed I have only called our opposition MK or Milton Keynes. Nothing about them is 'Dons' so without any disrespect, to me they're MKFC or Milton Keynes FC.
    No disrespect but they ARE Wimbledon, but we won't  start that old arguement again. 

I'm going for a draw tonight. 2-2.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Sage said:
    MattF said:

Thats a lot of sideways passing...
    You can see though that Surman probably attempted the most forward passes in the team, especially in midfield, the majority of the weren’t successful.

Says to me their movement to progress up the pitch isn’t very good, but they are great at keeping the ball in areas we would be happy for them to have it, and playing it to the left.
  • Options
    Am I the only one on here that’s astounded that @sage is only 25!? I had you at around 50 mate! ;) 
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    Am I the only one on here that’s astounded that @sage is only 25!? I had you at around 50 mate! ;) 
    No - and I mean that in a complementary way!
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    I know he’s half my age but 10 times more mature than I am , fucking grown up 
  • Options
    Feelin’ excited! Think we’ll win 2-0, the 1,800 supporters roaring us to victory. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Woke up this morning with a level of excitement comparable to the semi-final against Donny and the game at Wembley. I think I need to find a way of burning off some nervous energy.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Woke up this morning with a level of excitement comparable to the semi-final against Donny and the game at Wembley. I think I need to find a way of burning off some nervous energy.
    A re-run of the Burton game should do the trick @Blucher
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Blucher said:
    A re-run of the Burton game should do the trick @Blucher
    Behave ! Although, come to think of it, we tend not to excel on cold midweek evenings in front of sparse Valley League 1 crowds...
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    The thought of sitting around in the cold for 90 minutes somewhat dampens my nervous energy!
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Sage said:
    MattF said:

Just over half of their passes (in both matches) are between their 3 defenders and the keeper.

Wonder how ours compares!
  • Options
    Sorry for stealing your idea @MattF:

• Options
    5-0 Charlton, Bogle x5

OMAR, OMAR BOGLE , HE SCORES ALL THE FUCKING GOALS

BOGLE, BOGLE BOGLE , ALL NIGHT LONG 

• Options
    Charlton win this 3-1, lets see us move to 2nd spot still with at least 1 game in hand over others. The 2,000 fans will help make a difference. COYR's
  • Options
    Sage said:
    You may have also noticed I have only called our opposition MK or Milton Keynes. Nothing about them is 'Dons' so without any disrespect, to me they're MKFC or Milton Keynes FC.
    Absolutely right. Well done.
    I wouldn't worry about showing disrespect anyway, given how they got into the league, and continue to use that suffix.
    Great review again btw
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Possibly, just the 8 first team players out for this game. 

Come on Charlton, let's show our (in person) fans a win for the first time this season :-)
  • Options
    Very comfortable home win.

1-0
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Very comfortable home win.

1-0
    Yep, 1-0 home wins are very comfortable, until Squeaky Bum time  in the last 10 minutes when we sit too deep.

And that's before the ref adds on "a minimum" of +7 minutes.  :neutral:

• Options
    That passing map has f..ked my eyes up, home win 2-0.
  • Options
    Another good Sandgaard article in today’s Guardian, the feel good factor coming back to the club, the team performing well and fans back at the Valley for tonight’s match, what could possibly go wrong?

Cue typical charlton performance when all the omens are good, 1-2 defeat ;)
  • Options
    Do I watch this tonight or Play football with my team?
    Enjoy both, but fitness is creeping back and I don't want to waste any opportunity to play... 

We'll see what the boss lady says when she gets home. 
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    I know he’s half my age but 10 times more mature than I am , fucking grown up 
    Youth is wasted on the young.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    The thought of sitting around in the cold for 90 minutes somewhat dampens my nervous energy!
    Do the same as me and turn up the central heating............sorry, you mean you are going to the match  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I know it's not for everyone, but MK are currently 5th in the xG table. They are one of the league's best sides between the boxes but haven't always been clinical at the sharp end.

But for me, they are close to being a very good side and have several canny players, Scott Fraser in particular is championship level. Think this is a tougher game than the league table suggests. 

That said, we look better when sides open up and play football, rather than sit back and contain. They will push up and leave space in transition. Players like Washington, Williams and Maddison should thrive with that.

We have to remain patient as we won't see much of the ball, but I am confident we have enough to hurt them with quick attacking transitions and win the game. 

• Options
    Really interesting one this one.  We tend to do better when we don't have the ball and they love having it - could be good for us.

If you look at the table and our form you might be fooled into thinking this is a home banker but they have a good spine - certainly at L1 level - in Keogh, Surman and Jerome.

I'd like to think we will win but I am thinking a 2-1...maybe Maddison with something a little bit tasty for the winner and another for Bogleman