Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Burton Albion v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 24th November 2020

Comments

• Options

• Options
    Front 2 have scored zilch so far this season.......and if memory serves me correctly the starting 11 have scored just TWO goals between them in the league so far. May have to rely on the second half subs to win this one for us.

Don't forget its 11 months & 18 matches since we last won from going behind....

Golfie's happy face?
  • Options
    If we don’t win with that line-up, we’d better have a good Plan B
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Is Purrington injured?
    Surplus to requirements tonight.

It's probably to give Deji the chance perhaps for a late run out...... "to get some minutes into him".

• Options
    Who is going to take the penalty?

Asking for a friend
    Bogle will try and take it, but Amos will snatch the ball, smash it against the bar so hard that it loops back and in to our net. 
    Which actually happened in, I think, the 1870s.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    We really need to get some pace in, in the January window
  • Options

Asking for a friend
    Bogle will try and take it, but Amos will snatch the ball, smash it against the bar so hard that it loops back and in to our net. 
    Are you old enough to remember that?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Maddison MOM.

As you've got your crystal ball handy ....... how many did we win by tonight and who scored?

PS: I hope we do win or Golfie will go ballistic. :smile:

Oggy, we win 3-1 and Marcus Maddison scores a brace and Bogle.  B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Warm-ups are done and dusted. Settle in, fire up Valley Pass and get behind the boys... COME ON YOU ADDICKS! #cafc

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Maddison MOM.

As you've got your crystal ball handy ....... how many did we win by tonight and who scored?

PS: I hope we do win or Golfie will go ballistic. :smile:

Oggy, we win 3-1 and Marcus Maddison scores a brace and Bogle.  B)

I'll settle for that, Sam.

Only 2 people moaning at that result ....... Bowyer, because the team failed to keep a clean sheet.

And, of course, Golfie - because we didn't win 4-0. :smile:

• Options
    Good to see Smyth starting, I think he’s been one who has suffered a bit harshly in the rotation given the effort he’s always put in on the pitch. Feels like a good day for a first Bogle goal. They will want to defend deep against us so a decent Maddison performance to unlock them is a must, followed by Williams and Aneke coming on to really ruin their evenings when they’re tired. Should be a good one 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sage said:
    MattF said:
    No Levitt in the squad at all tonight, plenty of different conclusions to draw from that
    I can only think of one actual conclusion.
    Hope they recall him. Do us a favour and save us sending him back. Okay he’s another body, but when everyone is fit, the only midfielder he’s in front of is Vennings, and even then in their last appearances, Vennings played better.
    They play different roles ffs
    If he plays it’s in place of Watson or Pratley, how often is that going to happen? Doesn’t matter what role he plays, right now and if players are fit, there’s no place for him in the squad.
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing Shinnie, Gilbey and Maddison
  • Options
    The bloke on their badge really does have a beer gut.

Let's hope he plays tonight.

Very appropriate in Burton.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Sage said:
    MattF said:
    No Levitt in the squad at all tonight, plenty of different conclusions to draw from that
    I can only think of one actual conclusion.
    Hope they recall him. Do us a favour and save us sending him back. Okay he’s another body, but when everyone is fit, the only midfielder he’s in front of is Vennings, and even then in their last appearances, Vennings played better.
    Yes please, no need for a kid who isn't in the CG mould of special talent, accompanied by graft and end product.
    No one has compared him or anyone else to Gallagher.

Levitt hasn’t done it for us and there are other players in front of him. If we play a diamond, he is not going to be one of the two either side, he’s also not going to be the one at the top. It leaves only the base and that’s where Watson will play, and if not, Pratley next.
  • Options
    FIVE MINUTES UNTIL KICK-OFF! Watch all the action LIVE on Valley Pass.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Asking for a friend
    Are you old enough to remember that?

This is Charlton Life; everyone’s old enough to remember that.

(except me)
  • Options
    Why does Chuks never start? He's been fit for ages now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, Levitt is surplus to requirements. We needed a fast winger loan, obvious now that Doughty is injured, but probably not at loan time.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Kick off. May be. Not watching as its 800am and i am at work but i wanted to feel like part of the action.

• Options
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Why does Chuks never start? He's been fit for ages now
    Because if he starts he doesn’t stay that way. This is the longest we’ve ever had him fit and Bowyer seems to think this is the best way of getting end product and availability from him 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Oi!...
     talk about stealing my thunder
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Why does Chuks never start? He's been half fit for a fortnight now
    Fixed it for you. :wink:

• Options
    HT Gills 1 Wombles 1
  • Options
    Anyone else having problems with Ifollow stream