Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Burton Albion v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 24th November 2020

Comments

• So glad this was a early ko so didn't buy the stream
  • 4-4-2 not going to work here if Watson is sitting about 2 feet in-front of the CB's on and off the ball. Needs a shake up or this game will get away from us by half time.
  • edited November 2020
    Great ball from Smyth but Washington and Aneke are on the bench so no one there.
  • Chunes said:
    Where's golfie with his 'we never come from behind' post
    Posted it around 6.10 thus evening.......you'll find it on page 1 of this thread.

Burton haven't kept a clean sheet for 20 odd games.....
  • First goals surely Morgan’s fault.
  • Why do the "poorer" teams we play manage to pull us down to their level
  • This must be the smallest pitch in the league
  • Formation not working. Smyth does a nice run and cross and there’s only Bogle anywhere near it
  • ross1 said:
    10' The Addicks really not at the races in this opening 10 minutes. #bafc 1 #cafc 0
    Gone for a Burton. :neutral:

• Anyone want to change their forecast for the score?  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Weird formation. Looks like a flat 4 in midfield. Maddison right. Gilbey left. Shinnie and Watto in the middle. 
    4-4-2 you mean?

I wonder if it's a shifting flat 3 CM, with the wide man a bit more advanced ..... like Curbs used to play?

I meant weird given its Bowyer who never plays a flat 4 and the lineup which looks perfect for the diamond.
  • I'm going to watch Fred Dibnah on BBC4 :/
  • Too many of our players needing 2 or 3 touches, and Burton not allowing it..
  • edited November 2020
    They're more up for it than us and passing it better.
  • God we look so disjointed again.

Good shape work over the intl break bows.
  • I think we all saw this coming as soon as the universal predictions of comfortable wins filled the match thread. It was never going to be a stroll in the park. 

Lets see how the remaining 80 mins go
  • They seem to have acres of space every time they get the ball in the middle
  • ross1 said:
    Anyone want to change their forecast for the score?  :)
    @soapboxsam is still on course for his 3-1 win :smile:

• Don't get why we keep starting boogle who hasn't scored a goal yet!! Looks so lost to me every game yet chuks the beast is still on the bench??
    1. 13'

Post update

Marcus Maddison (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

2. 13'

Post update

Foul by Colin Daniel (Burton Albion).

• Sponsored links:

• MattF said:
    Why do the "poorer" teams we play manage to pull us down to their level
    Because instead of going more direct and taking the game to them we play tippy tappy shit at the back.
  • Morgan and Chuks needed.

• If Bogle hits that clean he scores.
  • 15' Close! That's more like it from the Addicks. Bogle's effort takes a nick off a defender and nearly loops over O'Hara but he makes a good save to tip it over. #bafc 1 #cafc 0
  • Laughing at all the comments on here. Everyone was so upbeat on the preview thread.... easy 3-0 win was the general consensus. 
  • Chunes said:
    Where's golfie with his 'we never come from behind' post
    Posted it around 6.10 thus evening.......you'll find it on page 1 of this thread.

Burton haven't kept a clean sheet for 20 odd games.....
    Well after your post about our strikers last week it might bring us some luck
  • Oof...finally something from us
  • Oooh! Cross from Maatsen, Bogle's shot deflected then tipped over the bar
  • That’s better! Come on lads!
  • Bogle has NOTHING on Chuks
    Terrible corner too
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!