Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Burton Albion v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 24th November 2020

Comments

• Options
    What's with all these comments about us not looking to score. We have 3 forwards in the starting lineup ffs! Also you know our squad and who offer what.
  • Options

Either way, very happy with that and feels like we’re getting close to our best XI now. Only Inniss and Famewo missing.
    And Alfie Spanner.

• Options
    Not sure what players people think Bowyer is resting? Only player on the bench that I think could/should be starting is Washington.

But even so I like the switch to Smyth for tonight. He’s consistently making things happen when he comes off the bench and deserves a start.

Aneke is clearly seen as a super sub given his fitness concerns.
  • Options
    Burton have 5 players returning to their starting lineup tonight. Presume they are their COVID casualties?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Either way, very happy with that and feels like we’re getting close to our best XI now. Only Inniss and Famewo missing.
    And Alfie Spanner.

Not sure who he displaces in that front six once he’s back from injury... Maatsen is a fine player at left back, we all know what Maddison is capable of. Maybe Smyth? But he’s already got competition from Washington.

Isn’t it lovely to have options? :-)
  • Options
    A good team but that tiny nagging voice in the back of my head is still bemoaning our centre back injuries. But sometimes a good system transcends the players within it, and we wouldn't have conceded against Gillingham but for a rather nonsense penalty.

Let's go. It is Wins-day, my dudes.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Who is going to take the penalty?

Asking for a friend
    Bogle & Maddison both have history of taking penalties at their former clubs.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I can't see how that isn't very close to the strongest side even now. Who's being rested for Ipswich? Washington? That's about it
     Strongest side?

We've got two up top that don't look like they've got a goal in 'em!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Potentially our strongest midfield, though maybe it won’t turn out that way in reality. On paper Green Stephens Hollands Jackson was our best midfield in 11/12 but when they played together it never had the right balance.
  • Options

Asking for a friend
    Let's hope that we haven't nominated Maddison and Bogle gets fouled then!
  • Options
    We’re either going to get some new scorers today, or will be subbing on Washington and Chuks at 0-0.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

And Alfie Spanner.

Not sure who he displaces in that front six once he’s back from injury... Maatsen is a fine player at left back, we all know what Maddison is capable of. Maybe Smyth? But he’s already got competition from Washington.

Isn’t it lovely to have options? :-)
    Indeed. But we know Bowyer likes to rotate and keep the squad fresh.
    Imagine we have Alfie fit again - and he comes on for the last 30 minutes to "... ... get some minutes in him"?

Just what tiring defenders need during the later stages, as the game opens up.

• Options
    Burton have 5 players returning to their starting lineup tonight. Presume they are their COVID casualties?
    I believe that to be correct mate 
  • Options
    Burton line up with what could be considered 8 of their first choice 11. Maybe a little rusty, but largely full strength team. 
  • Options

Asking for a friend
    17 mars 2018
    Chukwuemeka Aneke scored twice from the penalty spot as MK Dons picked up a crucial 2-1 victory. :smile:

29 déc. 2018
    26'. GOAL!!! 0-1; Goal by Alex Gilbey.
    20'. Penalty missed! Penalty missed by Chuks Aneke. Penalty saved! :neutral:

• Options
    Maddison MOM.
  • Options
    The first and foremost thing is get the three points.
    If it isn't pretty, let it be ugly, but let it be fruitful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:
    No Levitt in the squad at all tonight, plenty of different conclusions to draw from that
    I can only think of one actual conclusion.
    Hope they recall him. Do us a favour and save us sending him back. Okay he’s another body, but when everyone is fit, the only midfielder he’s in front of is Vennings, and even then in their last appearances, Vennings played better.
  • Options
    Maddison MOM.

As you've got your crystal ball handy ....... how many did we win by tonight and who scored?

PS: I hope we do win or Golfie will go ballistic. :smile:

• Options
    Must be mad... I really fancy us to finally turn it on tonight... On 4-0 and 4-0 Maddison fgs
  • Options
    Sage said:
    MattF said:
    No Levitt in the squad at all tonight, plenty of different conclusions to draw from that
    Hope they recall him. Do us a favour and save us sending him back. Okay he’s another body, but when everyone is fit, the only midfielder he’s in front of is Vennings, and even then in their last appearances, Vennings played better.
    They play different roles ffs
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I'd be very happy with an ugly 0-1 win.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Son of Bowyer. Exactly what the lord will be thinking. :smile:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Sage said:
    MattF said:
    Yes please, no need for a kid who isn't in the CG mould of special talent, accompanied by graft and end product.
  • Options
    Is Purrington injured?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!