Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chance to win a slightly used Range Rover

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Does anyone know how to contact BBC sport so they can out this news up rather than the cr@p about a notice to leave?

Edit  - I have just sent comments via a form on the website
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I'll tag some news sources on the tweet. 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'll tag some news sources on the tweet. 

Not on BBC Sport or Sky but the Daily Mail reporting but with some predictably stupid comment from a Palarce fan
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just to confirm it was 6 RR's and a Merc. 

Who had them then?

Southall
    Southall's Mrs
    Jaco Van Seventer
    That accountant fella
    that other fella
    Farnell 
    Jones

Assume the Merc was Elliottttttttttttttttttttt

Amis had one too

Farnell and Jones took some of the original RRs that had been bought for ESI 1
    Thanks for confirming, Amis was 'that other fella' I couldn't remember his name. 

RR - Southall
    RR - Southall's Mrs
    RR - JVS
    RR - Lee Amis
    RR -
    RR -

Merc - Mc Hugh

Interesting that McHugh had the Merc, do we know who had the other two? Or was that a slip by TS on the radio?

Didn't John Hirst have one of them too?
    He did. All the more worrying because whenever he attended the Valley he did so off his tits. 

But in fact I heard that JVS actually pranged one of them.

Jones did have one. Amis gave his back before Farnell appeared I believe, so it would have been available.
  • Options
    As well as taking the piss out of our former owners big time, this could also potentially be a very clever piece of business.

If 1,000 people buy a stream who would not have done so otherwise for all 9 games, that would raise £90,000 - the cost of the car. Get viewing figures above that and the club is in profit.

It's very clever.
    The club don't get all the money for the away games, it's a formula based on how many away fans would be expected to attend in normal times (they also don't get the full £10 regardless)

"Before each game the two opposition clubs have to agree on what the away attendance would likely have been in normal circumstances. By and large, that will be based on how many visiting fans made the trip for the corresponding fixture last season. 

The home club then receives the iFollow money for that number of away subscribers to compensate them for the loss of away fans being in actual attendance. If the away club sells subscriptions over and above the agreed ‘away attendance’ then they bank that money."

So only streams sold over and above the number of away tickets we would expect to be sold if fans were attending goes to the away team. I think of the 9 games 6 are away? We'd normally sell out Gillingham for instance (1500?) so the first 1500 of stream sales sold would go to gillingham.

• Options
    The only trouble will be getting the smell of bullshit and cheap perfume out of the upholstery!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant. Brilliant owner. Didn't think I would be saying that a few months ago
  • Options
    As well as taking the piss out of our former owners big time, this could also potentially be a very clever piece of business.

If 1,000 people buy a stream who would not have done so otherwise for all 9 games, that would raise £90,000 - the cost of the car. Get viewing figures above that and the club is in profit.

It's very clever.
    Probably less than £90,000 needed to realise the value of what we could actually sell it for now anyway. £90,000 RR 2nd hand would probably not sell for more than 65/70 even if it is only 6ish months old. 
    Think it was said the six they sold at auction they lost 100k on.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

It's very clever.
    The club don't get all the money for the away games, it's a formula based on how many away fans would be expected to attend in normal times (they also don't get the full £10 regardless)

"Before each game the two opposition clubs have to agree on what the away attendance would likely have been in normal circumstances. By and large, that will be based on how many visiting fans made the trip for the corresponding fixture last season. 

The home club then receives the iFollow money for that number of away subscribers to compensate them for the loss of away fans being in actual attendance. If the away club sells subscriptions over and above the agreed ‘away attendance’ then they bank that money."

So only streams sold over and above the number of away tickets we would expect to be sold if fans were attending goes to the away team. I think of the 9 games 6 are away? We'd normally sell out Gillingham for instance (1500?) so the first 1500 of stream sales sold would go to gillingham.

Interesting. Thanks.

Hopefully, though, the increased interest will still lead to a good part of the value of the car being realised.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Do you get an entry for each match pass that you purchase or just the one?
    I ask because they usually only offer the next match ( Gillingham) on Valley Pass but are also offering Burton and Ipswich.🤔🤔🤔
  • Options
    I've always said Range Rovers are the car of choice for people who are compensating for something in either the brain or trouser department. Or both.
    Why?
  • Options
    Troll level - expert 
    Who?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you get an entry for each match pass that you purchase or just the one?
    I ask because they usually only offer the next match ( Gillingham) on Valley Pass but are also offering Burton and Ipswich.🤔🤔🤔
    An entry for each.
  • Options
    without seeming thick, what is the gent on the rights involvement  with this? 

Laura was in the court process , @Henry Irvingwas in the infamous boardroom shenanigans, so leaves ‘Lewis’? 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    without seeming thick, what is the gent on the rights involvement  with this? 

Laura was in the court process , @Henry Irvingwas in the infamous boardroom shenanigans, so leaves ‘Lewis’? 
    It wasn't about what people had done.

They just wanted some good looking fans as models. We also did some interviews.

Lewis Catt does the Charlton Live show BTW 
     :D 
  • Options
    Brilliant. Proof (if ever needed) that TS just gets it.
  • Options
    Really good article by Benjy - top work.

So they spent a while thinking about slogans before coming up with 'Our Club, Your Car'. It's a great slogan but might be fun to have our own CL competition for alternatives.
  • Options
    Troll level - expert 
    Who?
    Sandgaard