Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Likely Are You To Take The Covid Vaccine?

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Have the vaccine, get back to the Valley
    One does wonder if having the vaccine will result in some advantages in society. Plane travel, attending large events, small events (like Millwall away), hotels etc.

Not sure how well that would go down.
    I really do hope that (in the early days at least) vaccination is officially sanctioned as a passport to a freer way of life. I suspect it won't be though and like the situation with easy-breathing mask abstainers, we'll be told we can't discriminate against the feckless and the selfish. 

On a positive note, I'm really pleased to see such a positive response to vaccination on here. If that's replicated across the wider population, we have a reasonable chance of beating the virus. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Redrobo said:
    One does wonder if having the vaccine will result in some advantages in society. Plane travel, attending large events, small events (like Millwall away), hotels etc.

I really do hope that (in the early days at least) vaccination is officially sanctioned as a passport to a freer way of life. I suspect it won't be though and like the situation with easy-breathing mask abstainers, we'll be told we can't discriminate against the feckless and the selfish. 

On a positive note, I'm really pleased to see such a positive response to vaccination on here. If that's replicated across the wider population, we have a reasonable chance of beating the virus. 
    I’ll be at the bottom of the list because I’m young and healthy. Got to be about tens of millions of people who would be vaccinated before someone like me. I would argue that being selfish would putting me at the top of list, so I can go back to watching Charlton etc. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Redrobo said:

We are obviously looking ahead to when everyone has had a chance to be vaccinated, but the way they would do it is to say you can fly if you have had one, if not, you have to take a test which will cost £200, and another one five days after you have arrived and only then will you be allowed out of your hotel room.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Not sure. I believe in vaccines but not in them being rushed into use without extensive safety checks.
    They have had extensive safety checks and are a few weeks from completing the extensive safety checks.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I don’t understand the “will wait til I know it’s safe” comments. Do people who say things like this not understand how many steps and trials a vaccine (let alone this one) has to go through before it’s even considered ready to be administered?
    The steps and trials you talk about are rarely, if ever, completed in less than a year. More usually 15 - 20 years.

There is a big question mark for me about taking it before all possible side effects are quantified and risk assessed.
    It would be interesting to know peoples ages. I am 65 and do not want to waste life in lockdown or risk dying. The vaccine offers the chance to live a life, I understand the risk but I am in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    iainment said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I don’t understand the “will wait til I know it’s safe” comments. Do people who say things like this not understand how many steps and trials a vaccine (let alone this one) has to go through before it’s even considered ready to be administered?
    The steps and trials you talk about are rarely, if ever, completed in less than a year. More usually 15 - 20 years.

There is a big question mark for me about taking it before all possible side effects are quantified and risk assessed.
    Unfortunately we are in a position in which the risks of waiting several years, bearing in mind that over 50 thousand people have died in 8 months in a country  of 60 million - outweigh the risks of a vaccine that has been tested less rigorously than is usual.
  • Options
    I put quite likely. I'm not against it at all, just likely to be a long way down the queue (mid 50s, healthy). I think it should definitely be prioritised according to need and my need is less.  How good the vaccination programme is will depend on who does it: the government don't have a good record on Covid-related contracts. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    iainment said:
    JaShea99 said:

It would be interesting to know peoples ages. I am 65 and do not want to waste life in lockdown or risk dying. The vaccine offers the chance to live a life, I understand the risk but I am in.
    I’m 65 also.
  • Options
    Sayer shared a photo of his feet with me. 
  • Options
    I'm impressed at the survey results so far
  • Options
    I will definitely have it when I'm eligible, but am almost certainly at the bottom of the pile when it comes to priority so that's easy for me to say
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    U've got to be completely barmy not to have it imo
  • Options
    How many people have received the trial vaccine, 200,000? And 0 deaths?

compare that with Austria who have had 200,000 covid cases and nearly 6,000 deaths.

on that basis, it’s a yes from me
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    iainment said:
    JaShea99 said:

At 66 I feel the same.  Although reasonably robust, these are the twilight years and they are being squandered. 

On the other hand I know a young woman who has serious reservations. Her life is in front of her, she is presently in a low risk group, has hopes of starting a family and doubts the relevant antenatal data exists.  Her view at this stage is to not put her future hopes and dreams to chance.

• Options
    Voted quite likely as it all depends on if a vaccine gets past the phase 3 stage. If any does then absolutely I would. We're still at a stage now that we don't really know if its safe or how effective, all the signs are positive though and if any of them get approved then I'd change my answer to very likely. 
  • Options
    If 80 to 90% are vaccinated I would guess the remaining population will either not get it due to herd immunity, get COVID and therefore be immune (and maybe very ill), or die. 
    Will it die out like polio?