Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Likely Are You To Take The Covid Vaccine?

Comments

• Options
    I thought each cell was covered with membrane?
    Have not really considered where it would come from.

Another vaccine coming on line of a similar type which is even more encouraging. I wonder if it will help stop those vaccinated from passing it on to others?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    TBF to parents of severe autistic children like my neighbour's, they were convinced that 25 years ago that the MMR vaccine had caused the regression in their toddler as he had the injection weeks before, and then they noticed the change in his personality.

It was only a couple of years later that they conceded it was a growth gene that had caused his severe autism and the timing of the MMR vaccine was just coincidental. 
    They were told if they had another son the same condition could occur. They had two daughters later, and they were ok.

A few so caused experts can see 2+2=5

• Options
    iainment said:

Why porcine gelatine is used in vaccines

Gelatine is used in a very wide range of medicines, including many capsules and some vaccines. Porcine gelatine is used in vaccines as a stabiliser. This is to ensure that the vaccine remains safe and effective during storage. Vaccine manufacturers normally test a wide range of stabilisers and choose one that is stable, good quality and available in sufficient volume. Unlike the gelatine used in foods, the product used in vaccines is highly purified and broken down into very small molecules called peptides.

I would imagine many people, whether Vegan, vegetarian, Jewish or Muslim have been taking tablets for years that have porcine gelatine.

Many unknowingly.
    Bang goes their 72 Houris
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Gelatine is used in a very wide range of medicines, including many capsules and some vaccines. Porcine gelatine is used in vaccines as a stabiliser. This is to ensure that the vaccine remains safe and effective during storage. Vaccine manufacturers normally test a wide range of stabilisers and choose one that is stable, good quality and available in sufficient volume. Unlike the gelatine used in foods, the product used in vaccines is highly purified and broken down into very small molecules called peptides.

I would imagine many people, whether Vegan, vegetarian, Jewish or Muslim have been taking tablets for years that have porcine gelatine.

I get the usual flu jab each year and it hadn't dawned on me that it may contain animal remains. When I say 'hope' I meant I hope there might be an alternative like there could be for the banknotes.
    I would accept the vaccine however, hopefully not as a hypocrite but because of both selfish personal benefit, and because of wider societal benefit.
    I would feel regret that there isn't an alternative, but I wouldn't be an anti vaxxer because of the use of animal remains, as it would go towards stabilising things and I am not much of one for conspiracy theories.
    How could it not dawn on you when the jabber always asks the jabee: do you have an allergic reaction to eggs and/or egg products?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    seth plum said:

I get the usual flu jab each year and it hadn't dawned on me that it may contain animal remains. When I say 'hope' I meant I hope there might be an alternative like there could be for the banknotes.
    I would accept the vaccine however, hopefully not as a hypocrite but because of both selfish personal benefit, and because of wider societal benefit.
    I would feel regret that there isn't an alternative, but I wouldn't be an anti vaxxer because of the use of animal remains, as it would go towards stabilising things and I am not much of one for conspiracy theories.
    How could it not dawn on you when the jabber always asks the jabee: do you have an allergic reaction to eggs and/or egg products?
    I have never been asked that.
    Until this year my jab was always done by the pharmacist at Sainsbury's.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    seth plum said:
    I genuinely hope the vaccine is vegan.
    Laugh and mock if you want, but nevertheless it is my hope.

Would you genuinely not have the vaccine because of your animal rights beliefs and risk catching the virus and infecting your loved ones?

The pork gelatin will cause issue with the Jewish and Muslim population as well I'd have thought.
    No, it's OK if the pig was circumcised.
    That’s actually what they use for pork scratchings 
    I thought they tasted familiar

• Options
    Wouldn't be an anti-Vaxer by any stretch but too much of a financial benefit for current governments to rush this out without proper consideration for the long term effects. Sister in law is a research chemist and she has serious concerns about corners being cut.

If I was past child conceiving age prob would be less concerned but what if it comes out a palace fan? 
  • Options
    I want it - without a doubt.

As a diabetic I am in the higher risk category so just want to do it and hopefully reduce the risk.

I really don't subscribe to the theory this vaccine is all about controlling people and all that shit.  The same people deny the existence of covid and that beggars belief.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, no question.
    Apart from the under 30's, the only people I know that don't want it are the people that believe in the Illuminati, man didn't land on the moon etc etc, as one might expect.
    We'll get more than enough people vaccinated to protect everyone, but I still think it'll be late summer/autumn before we get to some sort of pre covid normality.
    🤣🤣🤣 Denying the illuminati and spreading the tissue thin myth of the moon landing(s) are beacons of gargantuan gullibility on a par with the whole anti-vaxx, creationist, 'Bill Gates is gonna jab you with a microchip' ballcocks.  Getting vaccinated is a fundamental civic duty.   
  • Options
    100%

I think it is our duty as well as the sensible thing for myself. 
  • Options
    Yes, no question.
    Apart from the under 30's, the only people I know that don't want it are the people that believe in the Illuminati, man didn't land on the moon etc etc, as one might expect.
    We'll get more than enough people vaccinated to protect everyone, but I still think it'll be late summer/autumn before we get to some sort of pre covid normality.
    Love a vaccinated anti Vaxer, wanting to wait seems sensible, although I doubt healthy people in there 30s will have to say no for a couple years yet due to demand for those with health issues and at risk right now. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Yes, no question.
    Love a vaccinated anti Vaxer, wanting to wait seems sensible, although I doubt healthy people in there 30s will have to say no for a couple years yet due to demand for those with health issues and at risk right now. 
    I think (hope) that anyone that wants a vaccination will get one in 2021
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Yes, no question.
    Like you say if you're perfectly healthy and in your 30's, you likely won't get offered a vaccine for 6 months anyway.
    You'll also almost certainly not die from Covid, so it's far less of a personal concern.
    The thing about waiting though until someone is confident it's ok, seems a bit pointless, because you may need to wait 5/10 years or more to feel certain and by then the decision is possibly somewhat meaningless.

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Yes, no question.
    Like you say if you're perfectly healthy and in your 30's, you likely won't get offered a vaccine for 6 months anyway.
    You'll also almost certainly not die from Covid, so it's far less of a personal concern.
    The thing about waiting though until someone is confident it's ok, seems a bit pointless, because you may need to wait 5/10 years or more to feel certain and by then the decision is possibly somewhat meaningless.

Ah for sure, my main reason for waiting is until weve stopped having kids. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Yes, no question.

Seems sensible to me.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Yes, no question.

The vaccine may help with this 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For a lot of people the vaccine will be a life saver and it might allow them to live a relatively normal life. There will be a minority who won't take it because they think the virus isn't a risk to them and they're not bothered about passing it onto others.

Obviously a longer testing period would be desirable but you have to way that up against the risk of continued delay - it will be a compromise of sorts.

Conspiracy theorists and anti vaxxers won't take it whatever info you give them. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Yes, no question.

The vaccine may help with this 😉
    😂😂
  • Options
    Stig said:
    The 'very likely' figure (now standing at 68%) is considerably lower than it was for quite a long time after the poll was posted (nearer 90%). I can only presume that there's some sort of correlation thing going on here and those that are slow on the uptake in one area of life, will be slow on the uptake in others  ;)
    Actual LOL
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Stig said:
    The 'very likely' figure (now standing at 68%) is considerably lower than it was for quite a long time after the poll was posted (nearer 90%). I can only presume that there's some sort of correlation thing going on here and those that are slow on the uptake in one area of life, will be slow on the uptake in others  ;)
    That’ll change minds. Do you actually think being abusive will win your point?
  • Options
    Seems to me that healthy people under 50 / 60 will probably not be getting the vaccine until late next year no matter how hard the government tries.

Going by current figures  (350,000 per week?) , most of that demographic will have already had Covid anyway and probably won't be bothered with the vaccine.

So, for me, the government should concentrate on immunising vulnerable people (that includes ME! ) as quickly as possible and not worry about persuading everyone to have it. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Stig said:
    No but neither will reasoning with some people - what's your solution?
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Stig said:
    No. Do you think me making a joke (offensive or not) will make the slightest difference one way or another?